Renewal of Vows of Obedience

Have we Amarr grown so fickle and insecure?

3 Likes

In all seriousness, that has been a defining trait of your society for a great deal longer than either of us having been alive. That’s just how that kind of society goes.

2 Likes

I swear that I shall be ever obedient to the will of the Empress, loyal to the Imperial Throne and faithful to the destiny of Holy Amarr!

Paladin Ordinary of the Excubitoris Chapter of the Sacred Throne Order
Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
Marshall Commander of the 24th Imperial Crusade

2 Likes

I swear that I shall be ever obedient to the will of the Empress, loyal to the Imperial Throne and faithful to the destiny of Holy Amarr!

2 Likes

I swear that I shall be ever obedient to the will of the Empress, loyal to the Imperial Throne and faithful to the destiny of Holy Amarr.

3 Likes

I solemnly swear to devote my life and abilities in defence of the Gallente Federation, to defend our constitution and to further the universal rights of all humanity, lifting high the beacon of liberty, equality and fraternity; for as long as I shall live.

Oh… wait… is that the wrong one?

6 Likes

2 Likes

Methinks I see a new title.

3 Likes

I reaffirm my Oath of Service to House Melenkurion, and my lord the Abbot Palatine.

As my Father Confessor commands me, so do I act in obedience to the Empress’ Will and loyal servitude to the Imperial Throne and to God.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

2 Likes

I think it’s more that your society’s had pretty bad luck holding onto emperors lately, my lady. These celebrations are a comforting refrain with every passing year: “It’s okay. I’m still here.”

So, fickle, no. Insecure? I think I’d say more, “anxious?”

Apparently there’s even precedent for all this, but it hadn’t been done recently.

1 Like

To Clarify, with respect to this year and last year “Cardinal Itharen closed her formal remarks by noting the pleasure with which the Holy Empress regards the loyalty and faith of Her capsuleer subjects, and that the Imperial Throne looks forward to receiving the renewal of vows of loyalty by these subjects.”

Source: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/empress-catiz-i-honors-amarr-loyalist-capsuleer-groups-pie-and-cva-and-responds-to-petitions/

Bad luck? I do not equate assassinations with bad luck. What has been happening is sinister and evil, foreigner.

Directrix, are you so fickle that your vow is only worth but a single year? Does Her Most Sublime and Imperial Majesty think so little of the word of her subjects she is made to feel insecure of our loyalty?

Of course, my lady. Please forgive my presumption.

1 Like

My vows, like yours, endure. I defer and honor, as is my duty, to her Majesty’s request for renewal.

If it pleases Her Most Sublime and Imperial Majesty.

I swear that I shall be ever obedient to the will of the Empress, loyal to the Imperial Throne and faithful to the destiny of Holy Amarr.

2 Likes

Does that mean your Empress has grown insecure?

1 Like

It means we have orders and we follow them.

2 Likes