Replacing the CSM with another model?

my only problem with this system there’s too much representation of one group the goons normally take about four or five seats I don’t hate them but I think there needs to be a limit

There are two Goons on the CSM: Merk, Nom. Brisc is in the Imperium, but not a Goon technically.

At present, Panfam has three members as well: Gobbins, Feld, and Vily. PAPI had 4 before PGL stepped down.

I’d love to see a wider set of representation. Faction warfare and wormhole space could definitely use some representation. But the issue is coming up with a system that gives wider representation that can’t be exploited to actually make the situation worse. Ranked voting gives people a better chance of getting someone who represents their interests…

And Brisc himself has said he wants to see wider representation, but the players have to make it happen.

1 Like

fully agree with the above but would you find people within this area who would take the time and effort it clearly takes to be on the CSM and get those points across. i have always thought the CSM is too full of massive blob entities but those are the very people that drive the game and change entire regions be it good or bad and as such whether or you like it or not they have earned the right to make the CSM what it is and more than just a game for fun to them

CCP could put out a validatable (to prevent abuse, spam and skew as we see when CSM goes out voting spamming local) survey on whether people want the CSM or not and what they got from having it.

Eve is turning into a political podium in game as well as out of game. It’s slowly stopping being a game and more a politlcal narative.

EVE is less in-game political than it has ever been. If only due to the years long hopping of players between different factions.

And yet we have calls for badges for donators (see PLEX FOR GOOD Player Donation Awards ) and ingame virtious facemasks. It is MORE poltiical a narative than ever.

1 Like

That’s not what in-game political means.

That’s a real life political “narative” and it’s manifesting in game and it’s toxic and divisive.

I fully support disbanding the CSM, many times have they demonstrated they are not “representative” nor of upstanding demeanor.

The notion of the CSM existing itself encourages “politics” rather than gaming. I would prefer that not be the case and not have a “political” entity of the CSM.

They can be replaced by a survey to the actual players if CCP want feedback.

In not a fan of them either but I understand their use for CCP.

\ Signed /

nothing wrong with that IMO. all it does is give the ones who donated a trophy for donating (i get them all the time IRL for donations (ie blood pins etc)

thats not up to us. CCP have stated multiple times THEY want the CSM. its not up to the playerbase to have CSM. now, if the player base wants to get rid of CSM they can just opt out of voting for the next CSM.

1 Like

We don’t join games to be bombarded with a political narrative. We play games as a distraction from real life and not stoke division.

As for the CSM, I certinally won’t support an institutional embodiment of bullying. They also spam local with their CSM crap every time it comes to voting.

Disband and dissolve the CSM.

Do we wait until the day the next CSM bully actually does get somebody to die in real life from their on stage antics? Seems nothing has changed and it’s just a matter of when.

I would rather fill in a survey and feedback on a ticketing system than give any support in any way to the CSM. I would rather withhold feedback than give it to the CSM. They don’t speak for me.

Just hire them directly and call it a PR / testing department, stop pretending it to be what it isn’t. That is what we call, deception and duplicious.

1 Like

That may be why we play games, but that is not why big budget games get made. EVE [exorabilis veru exsanguis] has been subtly promoting vaccines for a long time.

1 Like

That’s called propaganda and brain washing. Psychological behavioural control. It is especially disturbing when the game is rated PEGI 12.

I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. The world will be over soon.

1 Like
  1. The CSM votes are by account not players. If you want to claim you represent “players” that will have to change.

2. CCP just dismisses player votes on a whim disbarring CSM’s, la “your votes don’t count.”.

The CSM is all just part of the cess pit at this point, players true to the sandbox could not give a hoot. It is the same CCP pets or account herders that have made EVE a joke since BOB.

1 Like

CSM = CCP’s Special Muppets.

2 Likes

Here’s my two-cent worth: I think CSM should be disbanded. It was useful in the past to soothe the vets and make them feel like they have some control over the game but as it is clear now that CSM is powerless to influence CCP on behalf of players and even sometimes defends CCP’s bad choices, it is evident that it doesn’t and can no longer be looked at as mediator or even neutral.
Anyways, I personally think the idea of CSM is ridiculous and only serves as a dog-and-ponny show and also to give leverage to those corporations that have a member in the CSM… it’s hardly transparent and highly questionable.

1. This makes zero sense. Who owns accounts? Players. That’s who we represent. Accounts or inanimate objects. We can’t represent them. We represent the players who own them. You might as well argue that because voting districts are determined by geography IRL, that elected officials don’t represent people, they represent houses or plots of land. Um, no.

2. There has been maybe one or two times in the entire history of the CSM when a player has been removed or disqualified from the CSM after voting has happened but before the CSM was seated. If this is a complaint about the Xtrasquishy situation (I fought hard for him internally, btw), no player votes were dismissed because he wasn’t allowed to run, so nobody voted for him.

Yep, we totally didn’t just get CCP to pull the prospector pack or anything. Totally powerless.

If CCP wants to get rid of the CSM, I will have zero issues with that decision. They do not, however, so there’s going to be one. I’m sorry that my liking a tiny subset of changes that you don’t like has made you hate the institution as a whole. Well, not really.