Reply with a famous quote

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon Bonaparte

2 Likes

"You stole my money, and my cigarettes"
Al Green, “Take Me to the River”

1 Like

It isn’t our job to dictate to people how to maintain a base standard of human decency toward one another, and we’re not going to do so.

The bottom line is that it’s down to members of the community to know where the line crosses from common decency to harassment. We will not draw a line in the sand so that people can skirt on the edge of it and bend the rules as much as possible.

This isn’t a debate about what constitutes “harassment”. If you’re not familiar with the word, find the definition in a dictionary and that will satisfy your question. ~ @CCP_Falcon

I have always enjoyed that quote. I always smile when some miner, mission runner, hauler, or general carebear threatens my life or family. Remember kids, it’s not about the threat, but about how big the PR stink is!

2 Likes

Fridtjof Nansen/Quotes
I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward

It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.

The difficult is what takes a little time; the impossible is what takes a little longer.

Alas! Alas! Life is full of disappointments; as one reaches one ridge there is always another and a higher one beyond which blocks the view.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude
and contemplation - at least sometimes. I can tell you deliverance will
not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from
the lonely places.

Never stop because you are afraid - you are never so likely to be wrong. Never keep a line of retreat: it is a wretched invention. The difficult is what takes a little time; the impossible is what takes a little longer.

Love is life’s snow. It falls deepest and softest into the gashes left by the
fight - whiter and purer than snow itself.

Have you not succeeded? Continue! Have you succeeded? Continue!

The history of the human race is a continual struggle from darkness
into light. It is, therefore, to no purpose to discuss the use of knowledge;
man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, is no longer a man.

is it not in the struggle to obtain knowledge that hapiness exists? I am
very ignorant, consequently the conditions of happiness are mine.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times”

Bruce Lee

2 Likes

“My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.”
-Woody Allen

I did not have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. (Just lots of BJ’s)

2 Likes

I’ve got a plan, and it’s as hot as my pants ~ Lord Flashheart/Rik Mayall

Some people are playing with only 51 cards in their decks. I’d rather be around them then somebody playing with 51 and one joker.
-Meself

I’m sorry I’m actually going to throw in an inspiring quote which lead the allies to victory in WW2.

“I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.
At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty’s Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.
The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.
Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.”

-Winston Churchill - June 4 1940. We desperately need world leaders like him today.

3 Likes

When firing at your target you don’t fire 50 shots 50 times, you fire 1 shot 50 times.

Wisdom from a longtime firearms instructor. (Retired)

2 Likes

A man is not complete until he is married. Then he is finished.
-Zsa Zsa Gabor

Rude double post, but…
Psalm 137:1-6King James Version (KJV)
1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion…
3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4 How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land?

And, The Melodians classic reggae version

No tears please, it’s a waste of good suffering ~ Pinhead

In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair.
But Gollum, the evil one,
Crept up and slipped away with her-er, her-er, her-er…
Yeah.
Ah, ain’t nothing I can do now.
-Robert Plant

(Got to be one of the dumbest lyrics ever. I wonder if Jimmy, John Paul, or John had any objections when it came time to record. Did anybody snigger a little when he sang it? Still, what a great Zep song!)

Yes, unlike one my friend who is ten years older than me, plus or minus 3 to 9 months, I didn’t have the whole Tolkien or the Hobbit library.
This quote very well seems to be taken from this fiction.

1 Like

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth

Mike Tyson

(A quote I’ve found to be very true from sparring :smiley: )

2 Likes

There is a fifth dimension. Beyond that which is known to Man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition. And it lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call… The Twilight Zone.

1 Like

“I was there.”

The Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:
Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, “Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.” And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruitbats …

And the Lord spake, saying, First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.
Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three.
Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

Five is right out.

Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. ~ Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

1 Like