Reply with a famous quote

“Death closes all: but something ere the end,
Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.”

-Tennyson (Ulysses)

“Regret is the domain of those who’ve earned the right to look back on the past.
All I have is shame.”

-Kurama (Elfen Lied)

“I don’t need luck. I have ammo.”

-Grunt (Mass Effect)

“Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.”

-William Blake

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting”

-Sun Tzu

“Kings are the slaves of history”

-Leo Tolstoy (War and Peace)

Joseph Campbell ~ We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

“Ryan, some things in here don’t react well to bullets”

-Marko Ramius

1 Like

"Dark humor much like food…

Not everybody get it."

-Stalin

3 Likes

We are all heroes here. You, me, Boo and the sandwich.

Minsc

2 Likes

“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

2 Likes

You forgot one.

Doobie Doobie Doo. - StonerPhReaK

About EVE farmers :
“There are no small profits”

1 Like

Year after year
On the monkey’s face
A monkey’s mask.
-Matsuo Basho

(Not a very cheerful one, I know…)

1 Like

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based. - Lord Vetinari, Going Postal

Very Eve I thought.

2 Likes

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.

Margaret Mead

1 Like

The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.–Friedrich August von Hayek

1 Like

If economists could manage to get themselves thought of as humble, competent people, on a level with dentists, that would be splendid! – J. M. Keynes

1 Like

“If you even dream of beating me you’d better wake up and apologize.”
-Muhammad Ali

That is particularly ironic considering it came from Keynes.

The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all.–Joan Robinson

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another than that of draining money from the pockets of the people. - Adam Smith

1 Like

Always good to quote the master…

This one is long, but still good.

“The man of system, on the contrary, is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamoured with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government, that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it. He goes on to establish it completely and in all its parts, without any regard either to the great interests, or to the strong prejudices which may oppose it.

He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that the pieces upon the chess-board have no other principle of motion besides that which the hand impresses upon them; but that, in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might chuse to impress upon it. If those two principles coincide and act in the same direction, the game of human society will go on easily and harmoniously, and is very likely to be happy and successful. If they are opposite or different, the game will go on miserably, and the society must be at all times in the highest degree of disorder.”–Adam Smith

“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.”
― Voltaire

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

The best is the enemy of the good.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.
Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
A witty saying proves nothing.

To hold a pen is to be at war.

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
Leo Tolstoy

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Bertrand Russell

We make war that we may live in peace.
Aristotle

War not words

It goes without saying that the proletarian, i.e., the man who, being without capital and rent, lives purely by labour, and by a one-sided, abstract labour, is considered by political economy only as a worker. Political economy can therefore advance the proposition that the proletarian, the same as any horse, must get as much as will enable him to work. It does not consider him when he is not working, as a human being; but leaves such consideration to criminal law, to doctors, to religion, to the statistical tables, to politics and to the poor-house overseer.

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophic Manuscripts of 1844

1 Like

here’s looking at you kid - Humphrey Bogart