Reply with a famous quote

The International Integrated Reporting Council ( IIRC ) is a global coalition of regulators, investors, companies, standard setters, the accounting profession and NGOs. The coalition is promoting communication about value creation as the next step in the evolution of corporate reporting.

[

The IIRC | Integrated Reporting

integratedreporting.org/the-iirc-2/
](About us | Integrated Reporting)

[

Urban Dictionary: iirc

](Urban Dictionary: iirc)

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly . Especially common to be used when trying to cover up a vague guess, or when you are truly befuddled and trying to recall a fact of …

It’s simple, if it jiggles, it’s fat.

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Sorry for the guessing. I looked it up. The actual is this.

“There’s class warfare all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

“In Class Warfare, Guess Which Class Is Winning” by Ben Stein, in The New York Times (26 November 2006)

and

“It’s class warfare. My class is winning, but they shouldn’t be.”

Interview with Lou Dobbs on CNN (25 May 2005)

Thank you.

However, the “but they shouldn’t be.” part is not in the text, and it was not meant to be that way.
It came out that way due to lack of details, and, since it was intended to simplify the expression from being convoluted.

However, why should it be convoluted?
There’s a market pattern, a psychological factor which causes that, or more than one psychological factors which cause that.
Additionally, since market and market patterns are psychological, they are directly related, although the parts that makes those relation may be indirectly related.

The part that should not be, or that the interpretation of the so called class warfare shouldn’t be interpreted as war between rich and the poor, is the part that makes those people allies, and the war is intended to divert from where the money goes, to protect the poor, since other entities than the rich do attack both the poor and the rich, and lead them to war against another, in dissent, rather than let them focus on the source of the conflict.

Oh, I see, he says that in the Lou Dobbs interview.:
Interview with Lou Dobbs on CNN (25 May 2005)

BUFFETT: Sure. But I wouldn’t raise the 12-point and a fraction payroll tax, I would raise the taxable base to above $90,000.

DOBBS: That’s a progressive idea. In other words, the rich people would pay more?

BUFFETT: Yeah. The rich people are doing so well in this country. I mean, we never had it so good.

DOBBS: What a radical idea.

" -
BUFFETT: It’s class warfare, my class is winning, but they shouldn’t be.
" -

DOBBS: Exactly. Your class, as you put it, is winning on estate taxes, which I know you are opposed to. I don’t know how your son Howard feels about that. I know you are opposed to it.

At the same week the House passed the estate tax, Congress passed the bankruptcy legislation, which they had the temerity to call bankruptcy reform, Democrats and Republicans passing this legislation, which is onerous to the middle class. Half of the bankruptcies in this country take place, because people fall ill, serious illnesses result in bankruptcy. Nearly half of the people involved. How do you – you have watched a lot of politics. What is going on in this country?

BUFFETT: The rich are winning. Just take the estate tax, less than 2 percent of all estates pay any tax. A couple million people die every year, 40,000 or so estates get taxed.

We raise, what, $30 billion from the estate tax. And, you know, I would like to hear the congressman say where they are going to get the $30 billion from if they don’t get it from the estate tax. It’s nice to say, you know, wipe out this tax, but we’re running a huge deficit, so who does the $30 billion come from?

When a woman won’t give a man her best years then no man is obligated to be there for her worst.
– The Internet

1 Like

“How about a nice warm cup of Star Spangled shut the *&^$% up?”

• Dryson Bennington

It wasn’t me ~ Shaggy.

Did I do that? -Steve Urkel

“I don’t think I get enough credit for the fact that I do all of this unmedicated…” - Darynda Jones

The title says “reply with a famous qoute.” Failed :grin:

1 Like

“42” Deep Thought

1 Like

Leonardo DiCaprio / Quotes

Quotes

I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I’m definitely an individual.

If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.

My mother is a walking miracle.

I was always the kid in school who tried to get attention, not necessarily the class clown, but I’d do little unexpected performances.

Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me, I don’t know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I’m a weirdo.

I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.

I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand.

To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy.

Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other - they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.

Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever.

James Ferguson, Physicist, 1757
“Of all the sciences cultivated by mankind,
astronomy is acknowledged to be and undoubtly
is the most sublime , the most interesting
and the most useful, for by knowledge derived
from this science, not only the bulk of the earth is discovered , but our very faculties are enlarged with the grandeur
of the ideas it conveys.
Our minds exalted above their low contracted prejudices.”

“Clever girl”

-Robert Muldoon
Jurassic Park Velociraptor Rancher

1 Like

Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Edmund Blackadder.

1 Like

Never be cruel, never be cowardly. And never ever eat pears.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
Laugh hard, run fast, be kind.

The Doctor

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.

Makes me wonder. Did Einstein know CODE.?

In order to be a perfect member of a flock of sheep, one has to be, foremost, a sheep.

Looks like he did.

Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe.

Ok, he definetly did know CODE. A truly wise man and a visionary, this Albert Einstein.

Disclaimer: This can be said about every EVE player, not just …

1 Like

“In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

1 Like

You could replace just about every quote in this thread with one from Douglas Adams and not even be close to running out.

1 Like

“In the absence of orders , go find something and kill it”

Erwin Rommel

2 Likes

So, we’re going to quote nazis now?