Require CCP developer input,

When it changes, it will change fast.

Do you have inside info? Careful, you’ll give yourself away as a CSM alt!

It seems this recent destruction of assets maybe an error on CCP’s part, according to this blog my ■■■■ is safe in a citadel.

Your stuff will be safe IN an NPC station, it’s when you undock that might be an issue.

3 Likes

Just put your stuff in jita. Probably as safe as it’s gonna be. Devs aren’t going to tell you any trade secrets like that anyway…c’mon now. If jita flips to null it will unleash a flash flood of tears that will be truly epic. Hilmar & co might not want to deal with that (but I kinda hope they do :D) So, yolo and all, ya?

They don’t have trade secrets. They make these sorts of decisions after a hard night of drinking. Even they don’t know what the plan is, until it goes live.

2 Likes

I really want to party with Hilmar. I heard that his Hakarl and Brennivin habits are legendary.

1 Like

lol - you may be right. :slight_smile:

Okay, the change to asset safety was preceded by a crap ton people whining about bashing structures (the validity of their complaints is another discussion). So, that didn’t come out of nowhere.

As of right now, if I were to go on break, I would feel confident leaving my stuff in an NPC station. Two important things to note, however, are (1) I would continue to keep up on Eve patches, and (2) I wouldn’t leave my stuff in a system that can go into final liminality.

It might have been a mistake to screw with people’s stuff, as that is a hook that gets people to come back. Moreover, I empathize with everyone that doesn’t have to stay up on Eve news just to make sure that they aren’t getting ■■■■■■ while on break, but you should probably keep tabs on Eve while on break.

Also, do note that only certain systems are capable of having their security status lowered by invasions. Someone posted a list of these systems (possibly ARC), but I’m having problems finding it right now. I think the systems all have a particular type of blue star, but hopefully someone else will provide more concrete details.

1 Like

As long as I can pay a PLEX fee to extend the safety of my assets in NPC stations, I will be happy.

:red_circle: Why would you be happy to pay extra RL money to CCP for something that has been an included feature for 2 decades and that is an absolutely sound and rational game mechanic? Statements like yours reinforce CCP’s notion that they can do anything terrible to the game without backlash.

2 Likes

Quick and simple transactions allow me to enjoy EVE Online by providing the convenience and utility that I deserve as a gamer. Being able to access EVE’s full features at affordable price points means that I can spend less time worrying about daily micromanagement, and more time on experiencing EVE’s engaging content with my friends and family members.

:red_circle: But EVE becomes less affordable if you have to pay more to experience the exactly same features.

2 Likes

CCP’s motto is “We always push directly to production”

1 Like

Now I dont think NPC stations are safe.

OP, sell all your stuff. Excluding PLEX. PLEX storage was made safe because of CCP microtransaction income. Peeps had to be sure the premium currewncy they bought will not be destroyed.

Thats the only way to be sure. Then only if someone hacks you it will be in danger.

1 Like

You’d think that, but it’s not actually true.

Consider what happens if a person gets banned for botting, for example. Their accounts are locked, including any premium currencies they paid for out of pocket. But cheating in a video game isn’t actually a crime anywhere (at least in Western countries, as far as I know), so CCP actually has an obligation to provide the goods/utility that was paid for, or refund the money. But they won’t. That PLEX will sit inside those banned accounts, and possibly be used as part of the stock that they use to balance the PLEX market (at least, that’s what they say).

So PLEX isn’t truly more safe than other assets; it’s just that if anything happens to it, it won’t be caused by other players, but by CCP themselves. Consider a hypothetical situation in which the player base is dropping, and they can’t stem the tide the usual way. I wouldn’t put it past them to do something like attaching an expiration date to PLEX in order to entice players who are away from the game to come back to use up their stocks, lest they lose them forever.

CCP would first need to have a legitimate reason to ban OP.

Expiration? That would be very scummy tactic.

I never actually seen that in mmorpgs. Can you provide some examples? But then again, CCP may be always first.

U may be onto something, never underestimate CCP and Pearl Abyss greed. :ccpguard:

1 Like

Some games do set expiration date for “premium tokens” and “shop-only items”, but mainly for those that are acquirable during various events. It is done so to prevent abuse - hoarding and using said tokens during a different event that might not have token giveaway but provides some additional benefit for premium users.

The Op asked a simple question.

Why you people need to take things to the bloody 10th degree I do not know. What is wrong you people, why even post here if you hate things so much.

Anyway…

Yes @Brewlar_Kuvakei your stuff is safe in an NPC station. And even if you system did flip it will still be safe. You can take 5 minutes to pop some edencom tarts and move it without being molested by the trigs.

If you need clarity you can always log a ticket for a GM to respond.

2 Likes

The prevailing assumption in this thread is that CCP will last for ever. As someone who spent 10 years in the 2nd-largest virtual world system, until it unexpectedly disappeared within a month due to financial issues, I can tell you this is not a safe assumption - and if CCP goes it doesn’t matter where your stuff is stored, it’ll be gone (as will your plex).

1 Like