Resource Wars - feedback+request: LP rewards are worthless

Just a quick 2-liner. I love the mechanics but the rewards are just too low to ask my friends to come and fly with me a bit. They can easily make more ISK running lvl3 mission agents than running lvl4 mining sites. :S

CCP, What do? A bit more ISK and LP reward rework would make it fun and worth it!

Edit: am I a noob or these packs you buy off LP can’t be searched in contracts?

1 Like

Resource wars was a failure, rewards skewed, and abandoned by CCP. Ignore the sites, until they hopefully get removed in a couple of years.

3 Likes

I also like the mechanic & gameplay of the sites. But the rewards really make it difficult to justify doing those for oneself when you can make much more ISK to use for potentially more fun activities.

I managed to solo L3 sites with the fit below. For Minmatar and Gallente sites I recommend changing the MWD to an enduring AB to speedtank the hard hitting cruisers. Also adjusting the rigs can help if you only run sites of one type.

[Prospect, Blingy RW-Prospect ~120m]
Damage Control II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Power Diagnostic System II
Elara Restrained Mining Laser Upgrade

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender II
Gistum C-Type Medium Shield Booster

EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser
EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Sent an in game mail to @Gyokerke with some stuff which shouldn’t be postet on the forum.

1 Like

It wasn’t just the rewards, that’d be an easy fix. The nature of the site themselves are not sandbox and not engaging.

• All you need is miners and tank. This is boring for the vast majority of players and any combat ships you bring are only going to take up the player limit and slow you down.
  • The player limit itself was annoying. The bigger your gang the harder it is to find a site that fits you and the easier it is for other players to troll you by sitting in the site.

They were designed to let strangers join up and run sites together but the player limit again was super restrictive. Three people max for the lowest sites, assuming there weren’t other people also trying to run the site. Gaaagh!

Honestly, just group missions that you can get on demand from an agent with scaling payouts like incursions would do it. Either no player limit or let me choose missions according to the size of my gang.

1 Like

It wasn’t just the rewards, that’d be an easy fix. The nature of the site themselves are not sandbox and not engaging.

• All you need is miners and tank. This is boring for the vast majority of players and any combat ships you bring are only going to take up the player limit and slow you down.
  • The player limit itself was annoying. The bigger your gang the harder it is to find a site that fits you and the easier it is for other players to troll you by sitting in the site.

They were designed to let strangers join up and run sites together but the player limit again was super restrictive. Three people max for the lowest sites, assuming there weren’t other people also trying to run the site. Gaaagh!

Honestly, just group missions that you can get on demand from an agent with scaling payouts like incursions would do it. Either no player limit or let me choose missions according to the size of my gang.

1 Like

You know that you can filter in “The Agency” window for the sites and the level you want to run? It will show you the exact system.

This so much.

I am one such combat pilot, flew a couple of these and said “laters”. Boring to tears on top of bad rewards and being useless to combat pilots.

It’s a bit sad that CCP gave these sites useless rewards (the LP store is a joke and the SKINs are not even permanent) and then decided to abandon the concept. I think it has some potential.

As it is, you can run a few L1 sites (since LP rewards stay the same as I understand it), get the clothing from the LP store, and then forget about this feature.

The exact system several regions away. And when you get there it could be run or full with other players.

Everything to do with the player limit, every single thing related to that god-awful mechanic, was detrimental to the feature.

Ahh yeah… I see now how the mechanic was insufficiently thought trough. I was hoping this to be something like “Incursions for miners”.

That would be sweet! I did enjoy it somewhat though.

I’d rather see it fixed than removed. Right now, I accept the status quo. I hope CCP sees that there are players out there that would love this feature to get some luv :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.