Resource Wars Info Thread

This can tank lvl2 (Gallente), didn’t even bother to kill rats.

[Venture, Shield Venture]
Damage Control II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small Shield Booster II
Small Cap Battery II

Miner II
Miner II

Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

2 of those and I almost finished the site. I didn’t as my mining skills are close to none.

So far this rather looks like a miners thing with combat ships obsolete :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Guristas jam is annoying!

1 Like

What are the rewards?

So in my case, I’m Gallente, but I cross trained Caldari ships. Looks like I will be sticking to the old missions.

at what lvl can one use an orca?

Had fun with the first day.

I don’t even use mining ships, so had to make a choice for a ship. I chose a logi ship.
Wasn’t sure I’d even get the bonus and was happily rewarded with LP, isk and standings.

With this fit I was able to just warp into other ppl doing the minor sites in ventures and rep without suspect flagging. Was thanked a few times for repping while they filled the haulers and completed the sites. Easily speed-tanked the dps, although the npc-Gila had an ECM hardon for the logi ship and kept trying to jam me.

I have a strong feeling that when I get my partner going and dual Ospreys, we will be well received in the higher level sites.

For ppl (like me) who don’t mine, you can still play a vital role in this event, make some new friends and have some fun.

[Bantam, Lil Helper]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Damage Control II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Shield Extender II
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Cap Recharger II

Small Remote Shield Booster II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x1

edit. you can meta the fit and it still works fine.

3 Likes

I think this a good event that promotes some team effort. And it’s a fun one, so I don’t care about the rewards so much. I despise grinding of any kind.

Looking forward to getting to the lvl5 sites.

3 Likes

i did a couple with a group and they seem okay
the lp store is kinda weird though
why do the caldari ships get acolytes
and the caracal gets mining lasers lol

1 Like

You can’t. Both the Orca and Porpoise were added to the barred list before these went live for “balance reasons”.

Even with mining rigs, t2 miners, implants and perfect skills you’ll struggle to get the 10k of ore mined and into the orca in time.

I think they’re really bad designed and released:

1. On lvl1 noobs with bad skills will probably just die
  2. You advance to lvl2 very quick and those sites are way more challenging
  3. Rewards are just sooo bad, even noobs wont buy them (and do the sites because of that) because everywhere everyone will not recomend it
  4. Missed opportunity for gameplay not only for noobs but also veterans…

Overall Resource Wars need big changes

5 Likes

do we know what kind of rewards we can get yet
level 2 is 400lp and 500k isk
maybe if higher level missions give better rewards it will encourage more miners to participate
like if it makes more isk than mining rocks

Level 2 with the first rank for faster completion (there are 3 possible grades of faster time rewards I think)

440lp and 510k isk …

Level 2 with second rank for faster completion

480lp and 530k isk …

One thing that I think is odd is that the standing gain for these sites is identical across the various tiers, you get the same +2% standing gain for a Standard as you do a Limited. That kinda sucks in my books.

(edited for 2nd rank numbers)

1 Like

oh yeah i forgot about the grades
well it seems quite hard to get groups right now anyway i think due to the time of day and because people are still grinding standings or unsure how to get involved
i dont think it is even possible to run rw for minmatar
it will probably pick up more at the weekend

I am about 3 sites from being able to access Major Minmatar sites, I do see the odd Venture around but I haven’t seen any groups.

2 Likes

so youve been doing yours solo

I just soloed an L3 site in a Procurer with multiple failed attempts. The problem with soloing is that you move like a turtle and it’s several minutes between each Orca. And frigs webbing you plus the ECM from random mobs just make it even worse.

Reward:1.5m isk, 700LP +2.00 standing without bonus.

The AI is a bit weird. I found that they will just shoot the Navy NPCs and ignore you if you don’t launch drones. However if you launched drones (combat or mining) they will attack you.

1 Like

i heard you can drop mtu near the orcas and jetcan the ore

Yes but you need other player to transfer to Orca.

dissapointing. no real use to combat ships…

its just speed mining…and hard to get in at all for that matter (yeah yeah. its new, lot of people want to try it…and barely anyone can get in)

was really hoping this would be more than speed mining…

1 Like