Resource Wars standings

(Jon Rackham) #1

Hi, everyone.
Quick question on Resource Wars.
It does not appear that the 8.6 standings I’ve developed with Caldari State help me access Resource Wars content. It appears that I have to start Resource Wars at Level 1. Is this intended? I doubt that grinding up my State Military Stockpile standings would be a productive use of my time.

(Black Pedro) #2

Yes, this is intended. The standings for the new resource war corporations are separate and the only thing that determines whether you can enter a particular site.

(Arthur Aihaken) #3

Which is kind of stupid, since you’re already limited to Empire/Ore ships already.

(Tipa Riot) #4

The Resource Wars are a themepark island in EvE disconnected from every other part of the sandbox. Don‘t expect anything related to it matter elsewhere. Even the reward LPs have a negative ISK return value (means you lose money when buying stuff with LP for a higher than sandbox market price).

(Arthur Aihaken) #5

Yeah, from what I’ve read the rewards aren’t anything to get excited about. It’s only the first iteration, so hopefully it will be improved upon.

(Chan'aar) #6

What bugs me is that the standings gain for completing the sites is exactly the same across the tiers. Want fast standing gain? Blitz the Limited sites

@CCP_Turtlepower is that how it is supposed to be? The standard has always been the higher the difficulty the higher the reward (standing gain).

(Abyss Azizora) #7

Yeah that’s dumbest thing CCP has done in “very” recent memory. And that’s a really high bar to clear.

(Arianal Jouhinen) #8

I’ve been trying a few things to get my standings up over the last few days and have yet to budge it from .79. This is pretty frustrating devs… I don’t expect a gimme event but for pete’s sake build in a structure that allows SOMETHING to happen PLEASE!!

(CCP Turtlepower) #9

Ahoy! So sorry about the late reply. This is according to the current design, but it is something we might very well change in the future.

o7
CCP Turtlepower

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.