Respectable Ranged Cruiser DPS with Skills @ IV

If I use multi freq, that takes my optimal range down to 7,000m, so I’m thinking Scorch is the better call.

Keep variations in your cargo to assist with different situations. You should never be stuck with 1 type of ammo while flying, this is just setting you up for failure if your glorious perfect planned situation changes.

I have a couple of n00b questions about this ::

1. Does this sig inflation occur just because an MWD is fitted, or does it only happen when it’s actually switched on ?

2. Would an AB help instead, or would that just be a waste of a slot ?

1. It only happen when it’s actually switched on. But capacitor penalty works all the time. Some players not only switch it off, they even turn it off to save capacitor in some combat situation.
  2. Some ships, like stabber, can be reasonably quick even with 10mn AB. If you are 100% sure your target is not agile enough, you can try 100mn fit on cruisers with strong powergrid.

Only when activated.
EVE Uni:

MWDs increase your signature radius by 500% while active (less for faction modules) in exchange for a 500% increase in speed. This means that while the MWD is active, all turret-based ships have a much greater chance to hit you.

Be aware: If you are webbed, you are not that much faster, but your sig radius is still huge.

More speed means you receive weaker hits, especially when you fly in different angles. There’s very few occasions I do not fit a prop mod (=propulsion module AB or MWD). An Afterburner is less quick, but easier to fit and does not make you that vulnerable. So as always in EVE: It depends on the situation and intended use :slight_smile:
There’s a trick to fit a bigger AB (100mn instead of 10mn), but it takes quite long to reach top speed and you are way less agile in changing directions (very important for aligning to warp speed). But you can try that, too.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.