Returning! Looking for some Advice

Hey Y’all

So, I’m returning on a new account after… god… 5 years out? Something like that. I just lost the time to play, and I didn’t want to half-ass it, so I stepped away gracefully. But now I am back, and ready to start anew.

And by anew, I mean fresh character, I may grab all my assets from my old alts and send them off to this guy, but I haven’t decided yet.

I’ve seen a LOT of changes in reading up on all the stuff, and for the most part it looks to be somewhat for the better, although I could be looking through rose-colored glasses, and I’m ready to give it a whirl once again.

Anyway. I’ve always been a miner, but I’m not looking to resume the craft. I want to branch out and begin something new, like manufacturing. I got a taste of it shortly before my departure, and I did like it, but never continued (obviously)

Back when I played, it was a matter of doing some Harvard-Style research projects to find the most profitable, or close to it anyway, product, source the materials, (or grab a mining alt and get them yourself,) find a BP that wouldn’t send you to the breadlines, build, sell on market, and profit.

I never really got into the nuances of it, BPC v BPO, Skilling up, etc… So I was wondering if there were some resources (other than UniWiki, which I’m super glad to see still kicking around… it was my first Corp), or maybe some pearls of wisdom you industrial giants would like to share?

I don’t do industry, but was in a discussion about it with some newbies a couple weeks ago. Two links that were recommended by others were:

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/ljrnrt/from_ravworks_with_love_new_industry_tool/

Maybe they’ll be of some use to you.

Unless you are going to stay alpha I would start fresh but keep the charachter you have the best core skills for.

There are skills that will stand you in good stead whatever you do such as trade, tank, agility skills. You can still start fresh with the new game experience as CCP recently refreshed it and everyone can access the same rewards as though they are starting new.

One of the most frustrating aspects of the game is the wait u til you can use the next ship etc and somewhere down the line re-using that old toon will make the difference between you being in that next ship in a week or in six months.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.