Returning Player Experience - what "Eve Online" have to offer?

Does OP really mean to say some players are better than others, and they win… ?

Over powered so far i know stands for OP in gaming slang … but i think recently i begin to see OP they use different meaning… im not so clear yet either

What the ■■■■ is it with more and more people constantly writing …
… and WHY do they have to misuse them in such a horrible manner?

It’s … NOT … me!
Personally I actually find this really annoying!

@Dravick_Afterthought believe or not, it’s my first post here ever

@I_amAlone Probably, we do not understand each other. I’m not against loosing something … i’m not against it, my post is more about …

…acceleration of game experience / knowledge ( imo fight is not longer equal because of it )

… think about 2 players like 2 ships flying in same direction. One is moving with 800 m/s, another with 200 m/s … both are moving, both in same direction … but because of diffrent speed, relatively first is moving away with speed of 600 m/s from stationary point ( second ship ). Those differences was not so noticeable long ago, now they are …

@Xuxe_Xu o7

@Aaaarrgg i know how to sort market offers

@Rocket_Hellfire word “titan” is empty spot for me i never saw it ingame, but thanks for sharing information

@Solstice_Projekt i confirm … you are not me

Yes,
New Eden has lots to offer! I like it.
Dont do missions they are boring.

Have you tried running regular missions in a small hull class ship, like do Level 3 Security missions in a Tech 1 Frigate?

More importantly, have you done any Epic Arcs or Cosmos missions?

Those are definitely not boring and they’re a hell of a lot tougher than regular missions.

1 Like

They are also boring. For all the missions there are guides, even if they are tough just look at the guide and fit your ship according to damage. mehhh~.
Abyssal deadspace on the other hand is nice, more unpredictable and you have some “control” with the filaments.

1 Like

The bitterest irony is that the one relatively interesting PvE experience in the game happens to be instanced, and completely against the game’s spirit.

Is there somebody twisting your arm forcing you to read those guides?

And I disagree, Epic Arcs and Cosmos missions are not boring. Anybody who has done them will say the same thing.

It isn’t as hard to “catch up” as you think. Everyone’s skills are capped at level V. So if you focus you will find that you can get to max on a given ship, especially small ones quickly and be just as good character skill wise as a vet in no time. Your level V skill on a frigate is no better than a vet’s. Bigger is not always better. Some people can take out a battleship with a frigate.

The main advantage the vet has SP wise is that they can fly more variety of ships at good skill levels. However only the skills for that ship are being used at the time. Even if you don’t have as much variety you can still win in PVP by learning to pick your targets based on your strengths and weaknesses.

If you join a competent corp they can teach you how to use your character and pilot well.

Also, some people who have older toons aren’t as good as you might believe. They may have been playing this whole time but the vast majority of pilots in EVE are not experts by any means.

@MajorBean Hehe, misions boring ? not for me … i’m new :))

@DeMichael_Crimson yea, i had such idea … level 3 mission in frigate could be very challenging

@Destiny_Corrupted yes, i understand you, but maybe “ccp” is just trying to find balance between new and old player experience, some things can be overhelming for newbie

@Algathas i was thinking more about real person skills / experience, than avatar skill points, but i get your point … ofc, i can be wrong, and what i see, can have nothing to do with game reality

1 Like

OP in this instance is Original Poster. TC or topic creator is another one.

1 Like

Thank you so much… never think about that even … now made sense :heart:

When is a fight fair or equal? Nowhere in the world fights are fair where someone can lose, except maybe sports and there are cheaters as well.

I don’t get why people request something totally artificial to nature like fairness in a competitive video game. EvE is not e-sports but a all PvP sandbox.

That said, EvE is very well balanced and knowledge plus strategic thinking almost always outplay raw power. Trial and error is the best way to get better in both.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.