Rewards for players who have subscribed per Lustra or 5 year period

No one will sit there for five years just because of a “gift”. Anyone playing for longer than four years will not stay subbed that last year for a “gift”. It will also not stop them from quitting. No one will think that "man, I’ve been subscribed so long, better keep at it so I get that “gift”.

Except, of course!, those guys who are required to be baited to stay into the game, which are horrible customers to begin with!

No one but those is going to stay because of a gift and no one but those might leaving because of the lack of a gift. In reality, though, they’d just threaten with leaving but they won’t anyway, because they’re losers.

TL;DR:

“I’M GOING TO UNSUB IF I DON’T GET WHAT I WANT”
“I’VE BEEN SUBBED SO LONG GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE I QUIT”

2 Likes

I want special fancy space slug hat that will say I contributed to this world being alive a bit. Can be awarded by means of account being active. With special mail congratulating me and praising my efforts. Sent by CCP Helmar himself. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

At 5 years a character portrait has “getting sour” under it where the “wanted” text is now. At 10 years “bitter” is added under that. At 15 years “I hate you all” is added under that. :wink:

3 Likes

Retention Rewards:

Now that I have my reward I need to take a break for awhile :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ive been a scuba diver for a quite a while. When i hit 10 years PADI sent me a little package with small things including a Pin that read 10 years on it. I didnt become a diver to get said pin, and in reality when i did get it i did the math and they had sent it to me on my 11th year of being a diver.

Your corp history and DOB in game is your reward, your millions of SP that trained even when you were on vacation is your reward. Playing the game with people you like is your reward.

2 Likes

Not what I meant. Warframe is plenty fun, and I have nothing but praise for it and the people who work on it. What I meant was that since Warframe and EvE are fundamentally different games, any login rewards system implemented in EvE would have to give different rewards than what Warframe does.

I mean, just look at the rewards table. The discounts might work as a way to get people buying more PLEX, and giving SKINS or other cosmetics for every 50-100 days logged in doesn’t sound like much of a stretch to include as a reward.

But handing out ISK? Rare resources? Modules and blueprints? With the way EvE’s economy is structured that just wouldn’t work, so there needs to be more in there to pad it out. Small amounts of non-extractable skill points, short term SP boosters, or single days of Omega time might all work as incentives, but there needs to be more than that and I’m currently at a loss for what could be used without breaking the game.

Sorry bro but none of that means anything. Characters can be bought from the Bazaar and Skillpoints can be gained from Skill Injectors

1 Like

And the exact reason is why they shouldnt give out 5,10,15 year rewards.

Well, CCP would know it from the players account, which is something we can’t access.

However, I think giving some type of item for customer appreciation to accounts that have remained subbed for a specific amount of time would actually help CCP’s image.

1 Like

Reminds me of evil characters in SWTOR… kinda like Dorian Gray ID progression effect. Characters’ appearance degrades with each evil deed. :grimacing:

But that’s exactly the problem!
People will always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS demand more, MORE, MORE.

There only is a perceived need for more because that’s the customer base CCP catered to in the last years, at the cost of all of those who don’t cry for MORE. There’s plenty of people who don’t want these kinds of handouts and having more of those guys would be much better than a crowd who will NEVER stop asking for more!

And then you’re forgetting those who quit, because the “gift” wasn’t sufficient! If you give them something that doesn’t interfere with gameplay, like clothes, people will whine about that! If you give them an item that can influence gameplay, there will be those whining about how it influences gameplay! If you give everyone exactly what he wants, they will be not only be happy, they will ask for more next time!

I meant more in the rewards table so people aren’t getting the same five things over and over and over again. Milestones aside, in Warframe there are thirty possible rewards for the proverbial wheel of fortune to land on.

Thta is not going to change anything about the people who will always demand more, just like you did with this thread. You’re in a long list of people who want stuff. A long, long list. You’re not the first, you’re not the last. Someone else will come.

It’s like children, really. They cry for something and when they get it, they’ve learned that crying for something will get them what their lower instincts demand. You should NEVER give a child what it wants when it cries, because that creates a shitty adult! Exactly the adults this game is literally suffering from right now.

Look at all those people who don’t need free ■■■■. Look at those. Concentrate on those. Why don’t they want that? Why don’t they need that? Is it because they’re dumb, or is it because they’re not manchilds?

You’re looking at this from the completely wrong perspective. Change your perspective. The problem isn’t a lack of free stuff, the problem is those who want it and a shitty parent (CCP) who always gives in to their demands.

You can’t just take WarFrame and compare it with EVE. The only two things they have in common is that they’re both video games and they’re both infested with people who require to be baited to stay around. Get rid of those who appreciate the rewards more than the game and there will be no need to bait people into being happy and sticking around.

Yes. All free stuff is literally bait to make you happy, so you stick around. That includes this “5 year gift”, as you yourself say in the initial post. You just call it “a sign of appreciation from CCP”, but in the end it’s bait to keep people happy!

When you need to keep people happy with goodies,
then they’re not happy in the first place.

If you want people to stick around because of rewards,
instead of because it’s a good game, then you are a part of the problem!

No one looks at the root of the problem, which is these people. There are too many people who behave as if these people were perfectly normal, reasonable adults, but they’re not. They’re here, because they’re easy money. I guess that’s another thing EVE has in common with WarFrame:

People who can be baited and made happy like this are easy money. That’s the world you’re living in. A world where there are manchilds who spend money as long as a marketing team can come up with good enough ideas to keep the children happy and around.

That’s the world you want to live in?
That’s the game you want to play?

CCP should literally STOP giving out anything for free at all, to weed out those who only stick around because they get free ■■■■, and to keep around those who hate being surrounded by manchilds. The additional benefit would be that the amount of people, who hate being around manchilds, would increase!

Less dependent customers! They might not be as easy money as the manchilds, but at least they value the product and don’t run off as soon as there’s someone else with better bait.

I’m drinking my coffee right now, please excuse the additions via edits.

…I’m not the OP. @Candygram_Landshark is the OP. And you seem to have a lot of issues with people who play EvE. At the moment I’m too tired to engage with you and examine your rant in detail, so I’ll bid you good evening and come back to this in about ten hours or so.

1 Like

They could reward long term players with decorations.

Make a 5 year one that says: “This veteran capsuleer has 5 years experience in Eve. He is now severely sleep deprived and like a vampire will burst into flames if ever exposed to sunlight again.”

The 10 year one: “After 10 years this bittervet is an institution in Eve. He pees into a bottle so as to not to have to leave his computer and his wife left him 2 years ago and he hasn’t noticed.”

2 Likes

There could be rewards for uninterrupted omega status. This would actually be a nice money-maker for CCP, and discourage sub-lapsing. I’d probably do it if I were Hilmar.

2 Likes

which would also unlock the unistall feature :wink: :rofl:

It certainly would be nice if the 'Decorations" feature actually had something for us nobody players who don’t get Decorations. Titles, honors, whatever. I wouldn’t mind a decoration for being “most hated by Sansha” or “so stupid she was killed while DOCKED” :smiley:

1 Like

What about the Womanchilds???