Ridiculous imbalance between missions and combat sites in rewards in high sec

To quote your own words…

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

you cant beat them in a cheap ship

You can do the burner teams with a kestral. You’re just… not hearing it.

You seem to have some very strange ideas about WH space. While it’s possible to pull in ISK300m in five minutes (one siege cycle in a Dread blapping a Drifter), there’s a lot of setup time involved.

As for ‘fair pvp’ and ‘no Capitals’, you would be so very, very wrong.

1 Like

One session I got four (4) “Enemies” missions almost one right after the other. I made about a billion ISK that evening in rewards, LP and salvage - but this is extremely rare. It also takes about 1.5 hours to run the entire series with a Marauder, perfect skills and optimal implants.

I usually average about one of the expensive Zor implants every session (don’t ask me why they drop so consistently for me). I can usually pull in about 100m ISK/hour if I’m not engrossed in Netflix or reading, all the way up to 150-175m ISK/hour if I get a great chain of missions (this is more the exception rather than the rule).

1 Like

Let me give you an example of my yesterdays combat exploration session. In 2 hours I got:

• 350 mil Pythum Type-C Invuln from 4/10 GSO
  • 160 mil Stratios Chip from Drone Gathering
  • 166 mil + 60 mil Crystal implants from 2x Gurista Watch and 3 Escalation Stages

There was another 120 mil from 2x Lesser Covert Sites, but those are non combat.

It was rather exceptional session I must admit, but still. Some sessions net zero or close to zero.

1 Like

That’s exactly why we don’t care.
Once I made infinite isk/h. This was the fraction of time I dropped a metal scrap.

It’s too easy to focus on the “I got 300 SO worth and then 200M worth in two hours difference” and forget that average session you barely reach 100M/h.

What I do is : I set a timer, I write what I have. Then I do my session. And I come back. I wait for the remaining bounties to pop ; then I make a praisal of the items I dropped at BUY order. and I write what I got for that total session (time and isk gain) ; and what I lost. That’s how I can tell you that afk ratting +salvaging in a VNI nets 80M/h(without commander/escalation), doing exploration in null can net (with some setup and low skills, besides buzzard) 150M/h, doing ghost/sleeper caches in HS (with a lot of setups) 150M/h.

I decide BEFORE the session if I want to record it or not. If I don’t, I just don’t consider it in my average. I do that often to give myself space for improvement : try to enhance, evaluate - don’t mix both.
I don’t even talk about an activity in which I put less than 10 evaluated hours. Because the first time I made ded4 I got 3 c-type invuls in a row. Afterwards it was actually very scarce.

1 Like

My example was a counter example to OPs unlucky exploration try. And the point I was going to make is that exploration is random, and missions are guaranteed level of income. Your numbers as far as I’m concerned show that in the long run any listed activity is more or less evenly paid.

1 Like

My number only show what I know people (me) can do. Maybe people can do better than me (actually I’m sure of it ; and if nobody is doing yet, somebody will eventually).

My point was not that it is a max ; my point is that any number without a correct experiment is worth nuts.

Who were you answering to ? Your post does cite any post, so I thought you tried to get interesting numbers out of one single experiment.

I’ve been averaging 100-125m ISK/hour over the past few days. Standard L4s through your average Faction agent. No Burners, all high-sec and minimal risk (T2 fit ships aren’t really that attractive). Sometimes it’s a little less - occasionally a little more. But I’m on-track to pull down about 3-billion ISK/week for a relatively low-impact style of gameplay.

Running 3-4h of missions every day I would not consider “low-impact” …

1 Like

It’s not FW or PvP, so by comparison shooting rats is fairly forgiving. I usually spend the time reading, catching up on the Forums and watching vids anyway. And it’s not like I have to run missions for several hours every day - I have for the past few days to get a good feel for what was achievable in terms of ISK/hour.

If I could rat havens and sanctums in highec I wouldn’t have much reason to either run missions or go to low/nullsec. Same goes for DED complexes. Ratting bounties and exploration as a function of security status is a fundamental mechanic and I don’t see anything broken about it. It’s pretty clear you can make good isk/hr through PVE in both highsec and lowsec, but the ships, skills, investments, and risks you take will be much different. If you’re bored of mission content and want to run plexes, trade in your blingy mission B.S. for something cheaper and go ninja rat, or start running plexes in a t3. It’s not hard, but it’ll take some time to learn.

I don’t think there was any rant about the scaling of rewards to security. On the opposite, the O specifically in the title talks about “high sec”

The whole point the OP made was “look I get a more guaranteed income doing missions than combat signatures and anomalies” which is great and some people have a knack for missioning efficiently and others are better at maximizing isk/hr from combat sites and anoms. I know a guy who just runs dens in highsec for the escalations and makes good isk doing it. I have another friend who only looks for 4/10s in highsec and he too makes bank. I was never able to get the isk/hr I wanted from highsec and I don’t enjoy mission running so I went to lowsec. None of this means any of the highsec content is broken…just means you need to find where you fit in. If its about the isk/hr then lowsec will always pay more than highsec for a given activity same for null vs low…that’s part of the risk vs reward built into the game. Each area has a set of skills/way to conduct yourself to minimize the risk present…could be not getting baited in highsec or it could be proficent dscan use and knowing how to shake a tale in lowsec…or finding the biggest blob in the blue donut for null…lol…but they have have a tactic and none of them are broken.

1 Like

Took 20 min. I make between 8-20b per month solo null sec PVE in a t3c. GTFO high/lowsec.

2 Likes

Not saying I don’t believe you and more power to you if you can do that all the time.

However if you can’t provide a few months worth of wallet transaction pictures to back up your claim, then most peeps will just acknowledge that screen shot as a lucky drop.

2 Likes

Lol…
after just a few shitty Drone sites (Independence sites to be exact) They take 15min each, so call that 250m per hour:

Drone independence sites

part 2 after I was done 8 sites in about 2h

This is after the screenshot you questioned, note the domination ballistic and scram. After about 1.5h of play.
https://imgur.com/a/0Yxg9EJ (the 300m for the BPC isnt shown in the loot value)

Here is even a decent highsec site I ran a week or 2 ago when I got stuck in HS after the WH from null closed on me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0u_z5ObEE&t=9s

Oh and again, shortly after making the previous video, as you can see the loot still in my ship.

And last one: https://imgur.com/a/jNijey7

Aaaaaaaanyway, I think a, “I rest my case is in order”.

in one of the screens you can see I say “literally 10 sites and finally get a sentient”… I actually ran 8, in 2h and even without the 100m sentient drone nav computer, I was up slike 500+m. Isk grows on trees… PVE’rs would know this if they would leave empire space. Lowsec is pretty garbage, I ran lowsec for like 5 hours the other night while my wife and kids were out, made piss all. Null is where its at.