Ridiculous imbalance between missions and combat sites in rewards in high sec

Blitz, clear, loot - salvage. Run the Storyline or Epics - or not. You can make a little or a lot of ISK - whatever floats your boat. There’s no right or wrong way here…

1 Like

What is ridiculous is your assesment of high-sec mission income. You do not earn “35-55 million ISK from a 5-10 minute lvl4 mission, always” unless you A) Are extremely lucky with missions B) Salvage and loot absolutely everything and count LP as part of the mission payout as ISK and get really good loot drops too. If you go with option B, there is no way you’re doing missions in 5-10 minutes even if you have an alt doing all of the aforementioned for you because you still have to work the alt as well as your missioning character.

Stripped out of all the aforementioned things, bare ISK payout in bounties and mission rewards are typically around 7-8 million ISK a mission, sometimes more, sometimes less. With loot, salvage and LP you can typically double that money, but it also takes more time. And you need a fairly pimped out marauder or pirate ship to blast through the missions in 5-10 minutes, even with lvl5 skills and faction fits a normal T1 BS like the Maelstrom is simply far slower than say, a Machariel or a Vargur.

3 Likes

Just wanted to come back to this thread with my weekend results. Over the weekend I split my time scanning for sites and harvesting gas for boosters. I worked solitude lowsec mostly. I run all the sites my stratios can do which is 3&4/10s along with the unrated sites up to outpost and ruins for drone. Between the combat gas sites and ded rated and unrated of which not a single 4/10 gave more than the OPE I netted 500-700m depending on what prices they sell for (sell orders not selling to buyers)…in addition to 300m in gas. For me this is about average. Game time not traveling to and from nor moving in harvesting equipment/hauler half way across New Eden was bout 6hrs a day.

So don’t say its too hard to do in lowsec…I had no deaths and was square in one of our enemies territories…being actively hunted when ran across…which turned out to be often. The reason the highsec stuff doesn’t pay out like that on average is because its freakin highsec…there is way less risk so way less reward. That’s not to say you can’t get some lucky scores in highsec, but on average the sites you run in low will pay more.

It takes actual work…you have to stay on your dscan constantly if anyone is in system. You have to check stations to ensure the afk dude isn’t waiting in a site cloaked. You can’t just half ass it…it requires full attention and a knowledge of how to run sites most effeciently. It also helps to be cloaky but as I mine in a venture it doesn’t always require it…it takes me a little over an hr of sitting in an ungated gas site exposed to anything to harvest 500 gas…and I did this 3 times over my trip.

3 Likes

Can you explicit who you are talking to ?

You say

, who are you talking to ?

If you are talking to me, then you completely missed what I was saying : I said doing ESCALATIONS from HS to LS not worth it for some of them(as I stated I did not have ded5 in ls, only in HS).
Read the title again, we are talking about “combat sites rewards in HS”, the escalation from HS to LS being one potential reward of some sites.

So in that regard, what you are doing in low-sec(or in wh-sec or NS) is just off-topic.

Escalations are hit or miss…sometimes you get all 4 and each drops loot…sometimes you go to the first one and no faction spawn and no further escalation. The fact its in lowsec makes not much difference. Saying its not worth it cause its in lowsec just means you need to get better at operating in lowsec…plain and simple.

2 Likes

In fact you know what helped me learn how to survive and run lowsec pve the most…going out solo and small gang and hunting in lowsec. Once you understand the predator and what things they have to do to catch you you can easily mitigate it when you wanna run those lowsec escalations. There is definitely loot to be had at them for sure…maybe not always but then again I have struck out 90% of the time on all the highsec 4/10s I’ve ever done…so its random and needs to be averaged over time.

1 Like

First, there is a difference between running an escalation in HS and running it in lowsec.

• You usually can use a very efficient fit in HS while this fit can’t be used in low sec (stratios is NOT an efficient fit).
  • The reward is the same but the time required, the possibility of loss, the need for surrounding awareness, are different.

Basically a LS escalation is just plainly worse than an HS escalation.

Then, I was stating that some escalation give (on average) very bad rewards (eg 10M per complete line). So doing those escalations is just a waste of time.

I don’t get how the need to “get better at lowsec” is related. I don’t get why you try so much to assume I have anything to learn from your lowsec experience. I was just answering to someone who said lowsec is quiet : in my experience, this is not the case when doing HS-to-LS escalations. I don’t say it’s not possible to find some.

Just stick to what I say and the context in which I said that.

You could provide very interesting results by doing exploration in HS and comparing the result of LS and HS escalations.

That would be on point.

Heh, a Senior GM knows a hell of a lot more about this game than you do.

OK, I see the problem here, you probably spend almost all of your time in-game grinding on stuff trying to PLEX your account. Just buy a yearly sub and you won’t have to stress out about wasting your time in-game doing activities that you dislike.

What simply amazes me is how obsessed your are about the ISK value of Faction / Deadspace mods instead of focusing on their attributes and fitting capabilities. Course if you were actually intuitive about the game then you would realize that.

As for taking a stance, how about this: Next time you post personal attacks, I’ll just get multiple friends to flag your posts.

1 Like

Well at this point all kinds of people have come to give advice and help, but all you really wanted to do was complain about something that isn’t really broken. You stated how you get escalations in lowsec in busier systems and can’t run them cause you don’t wanna use dscan every 5sec and so on…say the reward is bad and same in highsec but that you don’t mind doing them in highsec. You really don’t make a lot of sense and I don’t see where you can be helped…unless we all just agree with you. Good luck in eve duder I will just leave you to your gripes while I reap the dank iskies from lowsec…escalations and expeditions included…o/

Where did I complain ? I’m not OP, I just give my opinion of the balance state about very specific points that could be enhanced. If you read my other post, I actually think, on the opposite of OP, that combat sites are overall well balanced ; just some of them are not.

No, I did not. There was some I could not run, and some I could, even when people were passing by. Just you can’t expect to not be probed, especially if your escalation requires some time to complete.

No I did not. ded5 e.g. are actually very good, in HS or LS (I just didn’t have one in LS, but if the rewards are as good as in HS it is worth doing). SOME escalations however have very bad rewards, AND are not gated, AND require a lot of time.

Well I did not request it. I just don’t need it. I don’t mind doing something stupid and losing a ship when trying to do a crappy escalation in LS. It’s just, there is no reward for players to do them, and after a while those escalations are skipped - unless people want to do them for the sole reason of doing them, which they can. However some people expect to have a better rewards when they have more risks, which is just not the case for some LS escalations.

People can definitely do the HS ded drone (rogue drone XYZ). It’s just a waste of time. if they enjoy shooting drones, well ti’s good for them. Just from an ISK point of view(which is what this topic is about) they are crap. like ded1/2 angel. Like some LS escalations.

These are quotes to show your attitude towards this topic and why you won’t progress in what it is you’re trying to do. All pve is the same…sometimes you get good drops others you don’t. I do 10 trial yards and 9 of them I get 2-10m in loot and that 10th one gets me 180m. The only difference is lowsec sites even the escalations from lowsec sites tend to have better loot that has the same chances to drop. Getting an escalation from a highsec site is still a highsec escalation which you didn’t have to risk much to get but completing the escalation in lowsec nets you the level of reward that it took to gain the escalation. You can avoid this by doing sites further from the edges of highsec or getting better at operating in lowsec. I think your above quotes establish that your attitude on this is what is holding you back though.

1 Like

Just looked you up…you live in nullsec, but you pve in highsec???

2 Likes

Those quotes only show you don’t even want to understand what I am saying. I’m done trying to explain my point, have a nice day.

I put to much effort answering you to explain where you are wrong, in the end you don’t even try to understand. Whatever.

Just a remark here as some comments here say that Im lying about 30m to 50m rewards per mission in Highsec. I do not know if you actually lived in a good mission hub - 7 agents in 5 systems for example. You just fly around and gather missions like Enemies Abound or Silence the Informant in a shuttle. Then you do them dualbox-style with your main and collect the tags/loot and salvage with your alt. Bingo. Of course this requires almost all 5 faction/marauders ship and perfect noctis. Again the main reward is not coming from the LP or Bounties/Mission ISK rewards but from tags/Elite Drones AI or Implants like the Hyperlink from Zor.

In comparison to that combat high sec sites have such a little chance to drop anything decent that I stopped doing them. Why should I “hunt” for an escalation if it requires me to travel 8 jumps and the chance that it drops something interesting is so low, while my missions do not require far travel - max 4 jumps and always drop tags/Elite Drone AI or are blitzable as in case of burners.

1 Like

I like your style, but this probably answers your original questions. Missions scale a lot better than exploration with multiple accounts, multiple agents, and if you have it, good faction standing. Exploration is limited by scanning and luck.

1 account doing level 4s (non burners) and 1 account doing exploration would probably make roughly the same over a long enough period of time

2 Likes

pretty standard mission farming technique, but doing that is going to take longer than the 5-10 minutes per mission. 5-10 mins combat time maybe, but add the time it takes to move ships, accept missions, and turn in missions. It’s also helpful that you say if your are using multiple characters, Most of the time when people post mission numbers it is for single characters.

3 Likes

Then you were not lying, but according to this you’re dedicating a lot more effort to mission farming than most. Pretty much requires perfect everything and you need to have a dual monitor setup and able to multitask like crazy for the income you say you can get.

1 Like

I shot some HS combat sigs with my alpha account yesterday to get some points for the event. The second one triggerd a escalation, the Serpentis Narcotic Warehouse, a 3/10 DED site. Dropped three Coreli A-Type modules worth 200 Mil ISK together and the site was quite easy to run. I guess the question is more if RNGesus loves you or not :blush:

2 Likes

As someone who farmed faction missions in HS like Enemies Abound it does pay between 20 to 75m ISK in loot/and salvage. Takes about 10-25 mins to do in mostly t2 fitted Paladin/Golem. BUT there is a catch - u need to first get those after a crapton of low pay mission and they are far rarer now compared to las year or before. Second is u dont farm 1 faction mission - most strive to get about 2-4 at the same time and farm them for a month straight - each part for 7 days excluding recon part. I usually got 4-6 missions totalling 2-2.7bil in loot after farm. But getting them was a pain in the ass

1 Like