Ridiculous imbalance between missions and combat sites in rewards in high sec

Well, that was my point. I don’t do them.
Then, I never got a ded5 from den in LS, though I tried (got 3 in HS). Still I think those are definitely worth it in HS, as I already noted - though the escalation chance seems very bad.

So, why not do them ? Because they are bad. Which is what I said on the first place.

I do dens during events if I don’t feel like changing constellations and theres no event sites at the moment. Probably the only reason to do them. I got 2 5/10s doing the occassional den during the last event. :+1:

This is where we agree. I think escalations should proc way more. They’re fun. Highsec or otherwise.

1 Like

This is true.

This is, sadly, no longer true. The timer is now a hard 24 hours with no refreshes. It was changed in 2014. Which has made things like Serpentis 6/10 rather harder for me to manage.

You can still cargo (and yes, it’s cargo scan, not ship scan) the boss on day one and if you don’t like what you see you can come back on day 2 (within the 24 hour window) and hope it looks better, but you can no longer drag it out forever.

1 Like

It would amuse me immensely if CCP added a small chance for faction loot to each wreck in a DED site.

I’m rather indifferent to whether overseer loot in high sec should be buffed. I mean, I’d be fine with it. Cheaper frigate deadspace modules are neat, and I wouldn’t complain if it pulled some people out of low back to high.

Bummer dude…

Dens do seem to very infrequently spawn escalations anymore, I believe I heard its a 1 in 14 to get a escalation and then a even further chance for that to be in hisec.
While at the same time it is a hard chance to get one the overseer loot alone is worth 40 mil, so I can understand why they are rare. It is a difficult balance and one that if it is moved, probably is never moved much at a time.

I have never had a hard time with deds below 5 they all seem fine and easy to do and always seem to have a relevant drop based off the empire your in. Meaning it seems to be easier to get a drop from faction rats when those drops aren’t as expensive, such as getting a sansha, blood raider drop is significantly easier than get a guri drop.

I tried several ded1 and ded2 angel (scanned, not escalated) and did never get a correct loot. ded3 and ded4 however are very interesting.

Yeah, I wasn’t referring to Deadspace loot, I was talking about loot drops in regular wrecks. However I will say the RNG loot table pertaining to Commander / Boss NPC’s needs to be buffed as well.

I believe Angel 1/10 and 2/10 are bugged and drop no loot.

Keeping in mind that an escalation doesn’t necessarily pertain to just getting an expedition, a Faction NPC spawn is also considered to be an escalation.

Having said that, from my experience Angel DED 1/10 Cosmic Signature has never escalated or dropped any Faction loot.

Angel DED 2/10 Cosmic Signature however will at times spawn a Commander Frigate (Domination) in the 2nd room that sometimes drops Faction loot. So that’s basically an escalation. The structure in the 3rd room is the actual Overseer for the site which almost always drops Faction loot.

Now to the best of my knowledge, no expedition has ever been gained from those two Angel DED sites.

Also no expedition has ever been gained from the Hideaway and Burrow Cosmic Anomaly sites either. However those sites do have a fairly good chance to escalate and spawn a Commander NPC (Domination) which sometimes drops Faction loot.

Angel Hideout Cosmic Signature and Angel Lookout Cosmic Signature sites both have a fairly good chance to spawn Commander NPC’s and escalate to expedition.

So the whole idea of exploration is to find and collect Faction/Deadspace loot. Next time when traveling around looking for Cosmic Signature Combat Sites, don’t forget to do a quick run on the Angel Hideaway Cosmic Anomaly sites, they’re easy and quick to run plus have a fairly good chance to spawn Commander NPC’s that may drop Faction loot. And don’t forget that Faction wrecks also drop T2 salvage as well.

1 Like

No. Escalation means the creation of an entry in your journal.

scanned ded don’t escalate, instead they have a 100% commander rat/structure at the end.
Which never looted more than OPE for me, in ded 1/2 angel.
Some unrated sites have escalations, I think all can have commander. But commander and escalation are two unrelated events. even the escalations can have both (sometimes you warp in, escalation message, you wait, spawns but no commander)

Most of the time this is worth 0.
I did a lot of unrated/rated sites and they are mostly worth nothing , less than 10M average for unrated. Only ded sites have correct loot. escalations are even worse, because the travel time is so high.

I don’t care what you say, I asked about it in a Support Ticket and a GM said that an escalation doesn’t mean just expedition. When a Commander NPC spawns, that’s also an escalation which is the reason why most of those NPC’s don’t spawn all the time.

Also the Angel DED 2/10 will always have the Overseer structure at the end for site completion but the site itself also has a chance to escalate with a Commander NPC spawn.

I’ve been running high sec exploration sites for 9 years and have gained quite a lot of Faction / Deadspace loot from both the rated and unrated sites. Just because you have crappy luck doesn’t mean those sites are worthless. In fact most of the better Deadspace and Faction gear I’ve collected from exploration was due to running expeditions. Each stage has Commander NPC’s with a chance to drop loot.

As for the Commander NPC’s at Anomaly sites, I’ve gained 2 complete sets of mid grade Pirate Implants, Crystal and Slave, from the loot drops of Commander NPC’s. And that also includes the Omega Hardwiring Implants as well. Also the T2 salvage from their wrecks sells for a higher price then T1 salvage, plus the T2 salvage is used to make Rigs.

If you don’t like running the high sec exploration content then just stop doing it.

I totally agree that you can still do them and not lose a ship ; however this requires to stop the escalation, thus leading to potentially a long time wasted - and you still can get caught, eg by a good prober who sends his probes between your dscan and then uses a reckon to catch you, or a bomber that gets close enough to point you while his alt jumps in…

I think that you have to use cloaking ships to get deeper in low sec to find something and run it in a rather calmer systems.

1 Like

a GM also told me that tracking computer allow a sabre to tackle a <2s inty. Sometimes the GM have no idea what they are talking about. Especially now that some gms are changed on a regular basis.

And this does not mean they are worth it. What you don’t understand, is that your time is the main cost in the game. Everything you got, you pay with your time.
I found some faction loot too. in AVERAGE they are worth less than 10M, learn to ■■■■■■■ read that I write instead of cherry picking the words I use instead of your “you don’t agree with him so ■■■■ you” stance.

Keep your useless judgemental advices. I could not care less about the opinion of someone who can’t understand a single post I make because he’s butthurt when I note that the activity he enjoys is worth crap and the only answer he has is “but I’ve been doing them for 9 years”. FFS this level of stupidity is over 9 000 years !

I tell you unrated sites are worth crap on average. You can still do them. It does not change that their value is crap.

Learn to blitz them. Use appropriate ship (T3D in high sec and lowsec), and multitask. You can run some random hideaways while you scan sigs, you can scan as you travel to escalation system. If you have alt for some stuff even better…

A lot of things can be worth it if you properly optimize.

2 Likes

I got time to challenge myself into blitzing them. Not saying I am “good” but at least I tried.

Still they are worth a LOT less than ded3/4 .

also T3D are IMO too slow for that.

You can’t use a t3 in a 3/10 no?

Edit: t3D my bad, didn’t see the D

1 Like

There will always be people like you saying if you are not doing the optimal thing to maximize your isk then you are wasting your time.

Oh course you are the exact same type of player who is most likely to quit out of misery.

It is a game, if you do not enjoy the activity you are performing then stop. This is the most important aspect of EvE, ENJOY IT, otherwise the misery will drive you away.
Money isn’t everything, but there will always be people to say it is, of course you are miserable and think everyone should be like you.
Irony.

1 Like

you can not use a t3 in a 3/10 or a 4/10

1 Like

And yet somehow you can only talk about me and not about my arguments. That means you know I am right and just can’t accept it.

I don’t give a poop about your opinion of me.