Ridiculous imbalance between missions and combat sites in rewards in high sec

Some people can’t afford to spend the time required to learn them.

well i tiried reading a guide and it didnt help and i dont think i can fly the right ships because i havent trained most frigates i only trained amarr ones

What’s absurd is how you failed to read and quote my entire statement. The rest of my statement contains the reason for that.

If players are lucky, 10 out of 30 wrecks may contain loot. Out of those 10 wrecks, maybe 4 wrecks will contain something other than Metal Scraps.

Despite what you say, there was a time when over half of the wrecks contained loot. Oh sure they said it was reduced to remove gun mining for minerals, even though the yield from doing that was minimal at best. Basically that nerf made loot salvage careers obsolete.

1 Like

No one loots the combat sites, they loot the faction rat, if there is one and that’s it.
You could put loot on all the rats and if I am not running a mission I am not going to loot it or salvage it.

1 Like

Yeah, no one loot’s them anymore due to there’s no loot drops to be had.

As for you not doing it, so what? That’s your choice.

1 Like

Understandable, but they aren’t that expensive. There’s cheap fits for many of them. I highly recommend doing the team burners, they’re really easy.

1 Like

To decline missions issue : I asked a GM about the decline mechanics because I was also under the impression if you got very high standing like me 7,99 towards Caldari you can start “pick cherries”. The problem is that if your faction standing is very high it is displayed as effective standing in the agent window and “seduce” you to decline missions non-stop until you get the ones you want to do ( faction standing penalty for decline is 0,001 ). This will happen until your agent standing drops below -2.0 , then it will suddenly replace your faction standing ( in my example from 7,99 to -2,1 ) as effective standing and you will loose access to this agent. I have never done a burner mission succesfully yet, can someone say please how big is the personal and npc corporation standing gain for a burner level 4 mission ?

1 Like

Not every people want to go on youtube find videos of the game.
Some people just want to play the game one hour, pew pew some rats and be happy.

“expensive” here means for both the time required and the isk required (by losing them).

Sigh… Ok

First off…gates and rooms are a thing…second the site doesn’t despawn if you warp out that I am aware of…lastly if you don’t let them have a chance to probe you they won’t find you so just warp out for a bit till they get bored and go back to finish.

Also if my answers suck to you…but I can run escalations in lowsec just fine as a noob what does that say about you?

1 Like

I wanted to mention also, warping off of an escalation doesn’t make the escalation disappear. Escalations stick around for 24 hours after you activate a warp to one. You could theoretically keep “refreshing” the timer once a day for months until you have the opportunity to safely do the site.

Pro tip: you can scan the boss rat to see what loot he has and as long as you don’t kill him, the loot changes on downtime each day so you could scan once a day until he has the loot you want.

(ship scanner)

Edit:

I guess this doesn’t work anymore. You can still scan the overseer though. Also it requires a cargo scanner not a ship scanner.

4 Likes

Damn son…now that is a protip

1 Like

I see no reason why it would say anything about me.

Then, I correct you :

• not all escalations have gates.
  • people can probe you without you noticing it. a good prober will use 1 cycle to probe you down, then recall his probes. That is 10s.
  • the escalation will despawn 24h after being seeded. So if you can’t come back in the 24h (usually less) you will have travelled for nothing.
  • if people finish the escalation, it will despawn a few minutes after the last people leave it.
  • some people can remain several hours in a system to catch you. Once I safe logged with a sabre on the gate, reconnected 8h later he was still here(in NS obviously).

with “intensive” farming I could have 67 trillion isk, but I don’t because that would cause burnout and I’d have quit years ago. Also how many years of that 10 would have been the old belt ratting where you would have made more isk running highsec missions almost no matter what you were doing. And how much isk would you have lost due to wars, and moving around.

there are a bunch of reasons to move to null, but I’m not sure isk making is as high a reason as most make it out to be. I’d have to supercarrier rat, or rorqual multibox to make more in null, and I’m not even sure supercarrier ratting would make more. But that’s for active isk making, I’d probably be doing JF importing/exporting, and a whole bunch of industry on top of it, and those activities would probably make more isk than any pve activites.

If people are in local then you spam dscan. That’s pretty simple right? If you see probes then they’re probably coming to get you so you warp off…usually though I just wait in a safe cloaked until the system empties out.

Sure on a very unlucky chance you might get one in some very active home system and those I would ignore but that’s not near as common as having them pop up in a system with a few people krabbing or afking in station.

No they don’t all have gates this is true…if there is no gate you can always jet to the opposite side of warp in to allow you some room to warp out if someone does make it in.

Drop a safe on the way to the site that’s on grid but far away you can easily see whats happening in the site from a safe place…might even net you a kill that way.

They do last 24hrs so sometimes you just have to check back a little later…if you don’t tend to have time for that then maybe that type of activity isn’t for you and something else would suit you better…not sure what else can be said. If it was really that bad I am sure a whole lot more people would be here complaining over it…but there just isn’t.

1 Like

Also…it is extremely rare for anyone to wait more than 10-15 min for you unless they live there…or you really pissed in their wheaties. I wanna know where you are going aside for camped gates in null which sometimes even run in shifts and basically stay camped that this is a common thing.

except it’s not possible when you have to bash a structure in a non-gated site for 30 min (unrated boosters r&d) to press dscan perfectly every 10s.
I notice when people warp to me in non dscan-immun, just could not notice the probes on dscan.

As I told you, I am talking about HS to LS escalations, which I don’t do because they have low loot(which is the complain of the OP), can make me lose much more than in HS, require very active dscan and local monitoring, and in some case prevent you from playing for extended periods of time.

I totally agree that you can still do them and not lose a ship ; however this requires to stop the escalation, thus leading to potentially a long time wasted - and you still can get caught, eg by a good prober who sends his probes between your dscan and then uses a reckon to catch you, or a bomber that gets close enough to point you while his alt jumps in…

Some of us are forced to play in high-sec. When you run a Mac EVE client that unexpectedly crashes every 30-45 minutes, you can’t really venture anywhere else. And yes, this has been reported numerous times to CCP over the past 2+ years (we regularly bring it up every update). They’ve done zilch.

1 Like

Found the problem. That is way too much time. You don’t do sites with no gates that take 30 minutes. You do the 5/10 you get from a den and you bring a 1200+ dps ship and get it done in 10-15 minutes.

But I digress, I feel like we’re getting off topic.