RIP Project Nova.... again

Mandatory “por el momento, el Proyecto Nova no va a ninguna parte” joke.

(For the time being, Project Nova isn’t going nowhere)

1 Like

Well you’re perfectly free to hope for the best, but i think most of us vets have seen this more than enough times to know not to hold out breath :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ITT:

PR works. Facts are what happens and the what the framework built on past what happened shows. Amazing that people can’t see right through fairly boilerplate corporatespeak.

Cool. Party on.

I am not going to hope for the best, but I am not going to spread rumors based on conjecture. I am a realist. Realistically we dont know what is going on.

Those working on project Nova can now be moved to CCP’s dedicated bot removal team.:vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Realistically we have seen this cycle play out numerous times both inside and outside of CCP, at this point it sa highly educated guess based on previous performances from multiple companies, having just been purchased by a company and given a profit based bonus alongside the terrible direction nova was taking, this announcement was inevitable and when you read between the lines you can see what is going on, some of us just live in denial, like i said, you’re free to hope for the best and i’m not going to tell you not to, hope is a powerful tool and this is something PR departments know, if they give you hope you’re more likely to stick it out, its a massive game of chess and we’re not able to see the board, we are however able to take an educated guess at the state of the match by looking at what happens to the pieces we can see

I mean i hope they can make a decent game and do the EVE universe justice, but the realist in me can’t help but look at the bigger picture

1 Like

:joy: I’m sorry but my sides are in ■■■■■■■ orbit over these two quotes!

In recent history (going back like, 5 years at least), CCP hasn’t given a flying ■■■■ about “excellent” or “rock-solid” gameplay experiences, they’ve gone with what (on paper) gets them more money, which is why they’re in the ■■■■ they’re in now. They ■■■■■■ with a working formula (starting with GTCs and then PLEX) and now they’re turning into every other cash-grab operation out there, which is why they’re now someone else’s ■■■■■ and why they won’t be here in another 5-10 years. Enjoy it while it lasts, kids.

1 Like

Hopefully now they can appreciate that integration with EVE Online is what will sell this game.

Ah well.

What CCP you finally played Fortnite and realized, yea you weren’t even close.

Also realize you have to be at least as good as that, probably better, if you actually intend to move people from that audience to yours.

Please do not try 5v5 moba next.

3 Likes

Is going nowhere?
Isn’t going anywhere?

Two ways to say it right and only one way to say it wrong.

Gratz on being the outlier.

2 Likes

And then there’s the proper way…

Project Nova ain’t goin’ nowhere.

–Southern Gadget

5 Likes

Please notice:

Only exceptionally good games are now having chance of succes on the market. the rest is mediocrity not many people play. If CCP noticed like the rest of players that it

does not live up to our original vision

then Project Nova still have chance of becoming good game where players want to log in and play. CCP said never that they stopped working on it.

I am glad that they will add to gameplay and world. But dont remove what is already there! Shooting sansha is a good idea too!

Its other language background, in Spanish like in Polish we have double negatives intensify the negation.

But you have to know more languages than one and some posters here to know that.

BTW if you feel that its easy to learn new language perfectly, in english you expanded nautral case because you were object of many language expansions, germanic and romance languages, and words like sun in germanic is feminine, and in romance its masculine. So people in england had too much trouble deciding how it is actually and made it neuter. So its incorrect in both cases, romance and germanic language. So you could say that relatively, english is a language composed of many linguistic errors.

2 Likes

Maybe I jump too quick, but hear me out.

I live next to a natively English speaking country where Members of Congress ( lawmakers whose understanding of English and how to use it is kind of important) say things like “could care less” and “isn’t going nowhere” on a regular basis.

They actually seem to pride themselves on their own stupidity. Which would be fine if it wasn’t for the huge nuclear arsenal they’re sitting on. Stupid and nukes is not a good combination.

Admitting they ■■■■■■ up and the project sucks and needs serious rework?This isn’t CCP who wrote this?

2 Likes

Speaking of nukes and stupid…

1 Like

That is where you draw a line when thinking about language, but languages are evolving globally because of many that see it acceptable, so the line you draw will not matter when majority will start thiinking about double negatives differently than you. It will not matter in perspective of few hundred years anyway.

I would say they saw how limited it is in scope and content for now and decided to work on it some more. I approve.

Well, yeah.

People will be too busy trying to breath, find food and look for unflooded cities to live in. But at least they’ll have plenty of guns.

1 Like

I think that this multiple confirmation factor is what did not start world war 3. Maybe also the reason why we as players and some declaration by CEO of other company in recent days (that extraordinary games have extraordinary success) is what helped bring that decision to CCP management minds.