RIP Project Nova.... again

Not sure about the first part of your paragraph but even if you just read the title of that video you will see how careless that past practice was. Don’t think any comment is necessary.

Not sure how the the second part is a reply to me either as my post was about nukes and stupidity not CCP or the thread subject, never mentioned it is related to either of them.

Regardless I think it is a good thing they rather not release a bad game. Not sure if they can make it good though. As expressed in this related post earlier…

with ccps track record this was expected

Oh, I just got carried and made a literal translation, I thought double negative was a OK-ish way to build the sentence. Accidents happen when a person learns a foreign language on his own. :grin:

They stil needed many people to be able to launch, and when you have multiple people, its actually easier to make decisions to prolong, to develop something further, as you have multiple opinions and they can vary. Its also harder to make the final decision.

The problem is that the game isn’t remotely fun. I see many people thinking that “a link to EVE” would be a great idea, but that’s wrong. EVE is a dying game, and CCP shouldn’t attach a new project to a dead weight. Linking Nova to EVE would be a mistake that would drag Nova down with EVE without giving any meaningful uplift to the sinking hulk.

Nova’s issue is dull mechanics stemming from poor design, which is why they should be back to the drawing board -as they say that they’re doing. The question is whether the same people who led Nova to the terrible place it is, will be able to drive it somewhere else.

They were convinced that Nova was ready for Alpha after lots of testing and yet as soon as people outside of the echo chamber saw the game, the veredict was that it sucked… and then, we’re talking about a FPS being developed by some guys with zero experience in developing FPS.

2 Likes

Aye it seems the fear of screwing up finally got to them this time unlike previous games like Dust or WoD also yes linking stuff to EVE is a bad idea I could care less if CCP made a pod racer Star Wars game as long as it works.You don’t have to link every title to a game renowned for griefing and toxicity

In this age of convenience, people still have to work hard to achieve success. That also applies to game makers. They have to implement many features, diverse modes, where people want to stay for longer exploring, express their individuality, spend more time and money, game that makes fans, not antifans. Game that builds community.

Developing a fps by a company that has experience in every possible field without some link to EVE online? It better be on par with Battlefield and Call of duty. If they don’t link it they just get the banned botters from those games. You will litterally beg for the toxic griefers to come help. But by then Nova will be long forgotten as it has no strategical goal in EVE Online. Merge of two worlds will be a little less underwhelming than stand alone cod/battlefield.

But keep dreaming of a fps to rival the great fps games without a drive/reason other than "meh, we’ll go bot there.

I don’t care for other games they make just pointing out that linking it to EVE isn’t going to hype it up for anyone

1 Like

Good for you. Lets see how it turns a good profit on a saturated market. But as long as you are having fun (did you play it)I guess its how businesses should be run.

I didn’t see anything good from other people’s gameplays the NPCS just marched slowly toward you in a line ready to get shot no environment destruction or fancy npc reactions like jumping on a box and onto you no hiding behind cover from npcs nada.
And I don’t care for trying to help CCP with feedback they don’t read feedback.

3 Likes

I disagree with you on this, in a saturated FPS market, people are looking for unique features. Linking an FPS to a persistent MMO is definitely a feature people would buy into.
It would take many other features to attract a decent player base, but to claim no one would be hyped for this isn’t good feedback.

You know what would be really popular? A mobile version of Project Nova! It is the hot new thing to do, can’t go wrong there. Prepare for the moolah to stream in! :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Project Novanite

I honestly hope for the best for project Nova. If it is not linked to eve online I (and a lot of eve online players) will most likely not buy it.

Just what interesting thing do you get from linking these 2? Eve player shoots at nova players wipes them all out or alot of npcs in a shot? You can get this with an air strike type npc ability

OMG! I have a phone ! It’s mobile time! :smiling_imp:

They do not directly have to interact with each other, but if they can affect each others virtual worlds in some form, it creates a unique feature currently not available with other FPS games.

Also take into account that another not to be named ‘Space Sim’ MMO, that may or may not be released within the next 50 years, will have an FPS built into their game.

3 Likes

Yet it’s still another story of failure

1 Like