RIP Salmack (9 July 2020)

Greetings pilots,

I am unfortunately the bearer of bad news. On 9 July 2020, we unexpectedly lost our good friend Salmack.

We started Eve together shortly after release, way back in 2003. The game was hostile and unforgiving in those days, but we stuck with it, joined a corp, and slowly began to forge our path. I have fond memories of us getting ganked by M0o Corp outside our starting station, falling asleep mining, and finally getting our first battleship, the Dominix! I also remember Sal losing that same Dominix to 3 player Vexor pirates, because he fell asleep… again!

As years passed our skills increased, as did our community, and we were soon on the cutting edge of pvp. Always looking for that next rush, I remember us all laughing in comms as Sal took one of the first carriers in the game, his Thanatos, point blank on our 0.0 entry gate, got jumped by 10 battleships, and somehow made it out alive. (It’s a good thing they were a little overpowered, and too new for most to realize what to do with). Many that flew with him will also remember Commander Quincy roams, his African Grey parrot that would occasionally FC fleets. They rarely ended well, but always kept us laughing.

After many more years, we found ourselves logging on less and less due to real life commitments, so Sal gave away all his T2 BPOs and his in game wealth to friends. He was a truly generous, caring person, and a child at heart. 50 is too young for anyone to go, you will be missed brother!

Until we fly together again,

Asgard

PS: If you knew him, or want to help his family, there is a gofundme at

8 Likes

Always tragic to lose a friend, may his spirit forever be your wing-man in Eve.

o7

1 Like

Condolences

o7 Sorry for your loss.

Condolences.

o7 Salmack

May he rest in peace. He will be waiting among the stars.

Eyes forward, capsuleer, the cyno is not yet lit.

Consider your modules, your rigs and ammo before you undock, for the cyno is not yet lit.

Break free of the station and witness the universe before you, For the cyno is not yet lit.

Set your ship to fly through the vastness while you wait, For the cyno is not yet lit.

Pay attention, capsuleer, for those who have gone before you call for you to join them.

The cyno is now lit

o7

1 Like

50 is way to young. o7

This o7

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.