Risk / Reward in Suicide Ganking out of Order?

@TiberianSun371AlexW Try simulating the Catalyst fit in Pyfa, you can change fit and skills easily in that tool to check the maximum possible dps.

Next, you want to check how long it takes for CONCORD to arrive - they’re quicker in the higher security systems and slower to respond in 0.5 systems, which means it’s cheaper for gankers to kill you in 0.5 or 0.6 systems rather than the 1.0 systems some of the market hubs are in. I don’t know the response times by heart but you can easily find them online.

Also you mentioned you’re looking at the ‘alpha’ of a Catalyst. I’m no ganker, but I do think for Catalysts with hybrid guns it’s their dps that matters as they can easily shoot multiple times before CONCORD arrives.

For a gank Tornado with slow shooting artillery guns you indeed want to look at their alpha strike (= damage of a single shot) as there most likely won’t be a second shot.

hmm…posted March 28…wonder if OP still plays.

If so, hopefully she has learned a few things since.

For example:

Nope. No macro needed, just organisation and fast clicking. How that is done is publicly quite available info and has been for some time.

um…yeah…that’s the ticket…might as well embrace your destiny…

If all goes well…yep that’s the intent.

Whatever you do, don’t look up Torpedo boats and Anti-Ship Missiles. I’m concerned you might be really sad knowing such things, and I want you to be happy, friend.

So you think it should take longer before CONCORD automagically shows up and omnipotently guarantees the outcome? I agree. Great idea! +1

NaCL is the best reward so working as intended is my thought.

So @Shajera , you still around or what?

EDIT: Oh…OP joined forum Mar 28 and only ever posted this topic and very few comments until last seen Apr 01…looks like it was a throwaway…ok…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.