Risk vs reward imbalance in w-space

First you say it is the best sandbox experience then you list/complain about items that if implemented would make it less sandbox.

And so after careful consideration I would like to request your stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t tell you my source however I have it on top authority that the reason things have gotten this way in W space is because CCP wants to clear out the farmers and make W space get the frontier feeling again instead of ISK printing outlets, but you didn’t hear it from me.

I think you misunderstood me. I love all of those features I listed except for the stupid way that HS/LS/NS citadel balance changes throws the risk/reward balance of w-space completely out of whack. I enjoy the high degree of risk, the challenge of preparing a hole to safely run combat sites, and the high situational awareness required to operate in the space.

Citadel spam in w-space is a literal non-problem.

1. If you die in w-space, you respawn in k-space (and have to go find your hole again).
  2. Because of #1 evictions are possible no matter how many citadels are present.
  3. Logistics of operating that many citadels in a w-space hole approaches pointlessness anyway because the hole is limited by which chains are available and whether those chains exit to any interesting places in k-space. Unlike k-space where everything is nice and predictable 100% of the time.
  4. Because of #3, forget about operating structures in multiple holes without also locking at least two alts to each hole.
  5. Operating out of a hole with abandoned citadels and POS structures is actually fun in a “living among the ruins” sort of way that is entirely within the scope of the plot behind w-space anyway.

I’d be happy if citadels and POS were completely removed from w-space and replaced with a w-space-only anchorable structure balanced for the unique nature of w-space independently of k-space.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

The risk reward isn’t there for lower class WH’s. Rattle Snakes are your best bet and C3’s are the most isk efficient use of in lower class holes. A solo fit C3 rattle will run you 750 mil that can solo a c3 site every 12 min. That doesn’t count hole prep…rolling holes, checking connections, scanning etc… after all that prep a new sig can pop at anytime and it’s very likely a competent pvp corp rolling for content.

K-space, you can get by with much cheaper ships and you have the safety of local with non of the prep.

As an explorer, I quit going into WHs because Null is just as good and less issues to deal with. I can actually relax a bit in Nullsec and watch local. If someone pops on local then I start spamming the D-Scan… outside of that, I dont bother.

Then Nullsec offers about the same if not better resources than WHs. Granted I dont deal with a lot of the mining stuff, but as far as relic, data, and combat sites, you get about the same value in loot per hour from WH space as you do from Null.

1 Like

CCP give us Skill that automate the Dscan! example:
skill lvl 1: 1 dcan each 30 sec
Skill lvl 2: 1 dscan each 20 sec
Skill lvl 3: 1 dscan each 15 sec
Skill lvl4: 1 dscan each 10 sec
Skill lvl5: 1 dscan each 5 sec

make this skill a lvl 8 or 10 skill.
replace the Dscan noise by an other one more subtile that you can enable /desable a will

leave all dscan features unchaged as it is.

Who the ■■■■ have ever though poressing V was a fun gameplay?

+10 man

Imagen all the lag. Better to have a high slot module that gives d scan the ability to see cloaked targets.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.