Routing question concerning Swagger

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I have a question about routing.

If I am in Amdonen and want to get to Elonaya, in game, the safest route is 50 hops, and the shortest is 28 hops.

If I ask the same question again, but use the Swagger interface I get just 15 hops for both, i.e. with
curl -X GET “https://esi.evetech.net/latest/route/30005036/30001399/?datasource=tranquility&flag=secure” -H “accept: application/json”

I get …

[30005036,30005038,30002187,30003491,30003503,30003504,30002789,30002782,30002781,30001377,30001374,30001389,30001368,30001400,30001399]

The given route goes from Amdonen into Kor-Azor Prime, then Amarr, then Ashab, then Madirmilire.

So here I am sitting in a shuttle in Madirmilire. Where is Niarja from here ? A search for Niarja gives “No gate to gate route”

Is it a bug in the Swagger interface data ?

How does the game do it ?

The Trigs took over Niarja, so it no longer has a direct connection to the rest of K-space.

Oh. OK. So is it not possible to use Swagger to get routes that actually exist ?

I’ve never used Swagger, so I don’t really know - depends if it’s being actively maintained, I suppose.

Thanks for the reply.

A work around appears to be to look at each individual system on the route, and if one has a “security_status” of -1 then submit the request again, avoiding that system.

It’s more requests to the server, but it appears to work OK, or at least better.