Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

A: We’re not supposed to use this relay Jericho
J: Shut it Ali, this important
A: Don’t call me that.
J: Sorry, Lieutenant Orkis. Either way, doesn’t matter anymore… this is getting out of hand… not much I can really do at this point.
A: What, the ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ still managing to stay ahead of us with her projects, or the FIO being ordered to review its relations with DERAIL?
J: Both, really. And… I don’t know how she did it, but she’s called in a favor with the FIO, don’t know if they’ll actually bite on it or not, but she’s done something for someone high up, and I doubt it was just a ■■■■■■■.
A: Jericho, I hired you to get goddamned results.
J: And, this is the first time I’m telling you, I’m drawing a blank. Look at the attachment I sent you through the secondary relay.
A: Is that…
J: Yes it is. Wellspring is back in play. Check the second attachment
A: this… complicates things even more.
J: Damnit Ali, check the second attachment.
A: …Are those drones? That’s not uncommon for large scale construction and repair…
J: Zoom in on 'em.
A: …■■■■.
J: Yeah, thought you’d say that. Look… I’m out of favors, and almost out of ideas. I still got money, could try to spark off a bigger memberstate dispute, maybe escalate it with some well placed bribes, but that’d be it, and I’d have to go off-grid. I’m not gonna stick around after lighting an intermemberstate conflict.
A: … give me some time to process all this…

4 Likes