Saint Michaels Soul

Honestly, I am worried about that, yes. I’m going to grab some time on comms with Silver to see where we can help each other out. We’ve already chatted briefly along these lines.

1 Like

I have been winning EVE for some time now, but I am not entirely decided stick to that. One thing I will definitely do is log in to vote for this man. I have known him as a decent fellow, good communicator and player with a passion for the Lowsec/FW playstyle, without being arrogant or sanctimonious.

2 Likes

I have not read any of the follow-up posts, because today I am only going through candidates’ posts to … quality check … them early on.

In your initial post you do not “promise” us any “ideas”, or “ideas of ideas”. You do not try to bait us with ■■■■■■■■ that triggers us into liking you with some shiny/new/improved/more isk for us.

You do not seem to be caring much about ISK and you seem to absolutely care about actually having a great experience*, instead of turning the game into a ■■■■■■■ money farm for farmers, bots and cowards. You promise us one thing, and that one thing is actually believable:

You will be loud, and it will be for low sec.

+1 mate, and have a nice day.

*i deliberately do not use the word fun, because “fun” is rather simplistic in its nature.

2 Likes

ISK is important but we’re in a situation at the moment where the ISK faucets are turned on pretty heavily and we’ve removed a lot of the isk sinks over time (Eg. taxation has been hit by citadels, we don’t have pod upgrade cost anymore etc.). As a result I don’t think ISK generation itself requires attention but making the experience of farming that ISK more fun/exciting? Sure.

And 100% agreed, I’m shouting for LS loudly.

Just a quick thread update due to the FW Plex changes announced by Fozzie on the 1st of April (Yes, I thought they were a joke too). Cutting down on the number of purely defensive LP farmers is a good thing ™.

I’ve never had the raging hatred of WCS farmers that some other pilots do as I see it as an honourable duty to kill them or disrupt them, however this change is a huge positive for the majority of FW pilots who want to PvP (and for LS pirates too).

The citadel changes have also improved the future outlook for FW and LS. Seeing NPCs attacking structures and creating timers is both engaging content and a great first step towards removing Space Trash from around New Eden.

Congrats to CCP for these positive moves in the right direction.

#suckupfinished

Yes, definitely agreed that decreasing the amount of passive/evasive farmers with WCS restrictions, and reducing number of lowsec citadels overall, are both key cornerstones to revitalizing this area of gameplay. If anyone wants to dip a toe in to pvp and get some great fun content, Faction Warfare will be the place to be, if and when those changes are implemented.

I’d strong suggest voting for Saint to ensure it happens :wink:

1 Like

Hello there,

I wanted to ask a few questions focused on your understanding and opinions of Highsec PVP:

Do you think that wardecs need a rework by CCP? If so, what do you think the core issues are with wardecs?

Do you agree with with the suggestion made by CSM XII to change wardec mechanics so that only corporations that have anchored structures can be wardecced?

Do you think there needs to be an alternative intel tool for wardecs now that watchlists have been removed?

Would you be interested in joining the Wardec Project discord to further discuss wars?

Do you think ganking is balanced?

Do you think there is a way to make ganking more interactive for those looking to prevent ganks?

Do you think having a cap on how long you can keep a ship bumped before it can safely warp off would be a good change?

Good luck on your campaign!

Toxic

1 Like

Hey Toxic,

Apologies for the slow response. I purposefully didn’t take a PC to Fanfest :wink:

Do you think that wardecs need a rework by CCP? If so, what do you think the core issues are with wardecs?
Yes. However its blooming complex. I go into a bit of detail in the questions above. I don’t think any system which results in people not playing/docking up etc. is optimal.

Do you agree with with the suggestion made by CSM XII to change wardec mechanics so that only corporations that have anchored structures can be wardecced?
Personally I don’t agree with this. Although I’m not a wardeccer I am a firm believer in Eve’s Risk/Reward structure and I think High Sec is secure enough as is. However I do believe that the current war dec system leads to griefing in some situations which needs attention.

Do you think there needs to be an alternative intel tool for wardecs now that watchlists have been removed?
We have standings and good intel reveals third party logi and neutral spies. That having been said that’s a bit more work than before and isn’t easy to do as an individual line member, so there’s room for improvement here.

Would you be interested in joining the Wardec Project discord to further discuss wars?
Yes :slight_smile:

Do you think ganking is balanced?
Balanced is a matter of opinion. Ganking is an important part of Eve which has a response which CCP think is proportionate in HS. It takes a huge amount of skill and co-ordination to get together the numbers and supplies to gank a freighter and I respect the knowledge, maths and logistics involved in doing that. Ganking of an untanked AFK miner in a 0.5 system is indeed unbalanced but that’s because one of the players isn’t “playing”. If you tank properly, use d-scan and keep your intel up to date, you don’t get ganked except in extremely odd circumstances. Getting ganked in mining Stacmon very early on in my career was one of the main drivers for me to start to learn the PvP mechanics and look at LS and Null as places to investigate fully.

Do you think there is a way to make ganking more interactive for those looking to prevent ganks?
I think that’s down to individual responsibility. The ability to share standings (such as your enhanced watchlist suggestion above) would help a lot. We’ve got lots of tools to stop gankers that have negative sec status (blackbird with sensor boosters sitting in the belt was always a solid and cheap one that we used) and the ability to look out for catalysts on scan and tanking your ship properly are sensible precautions. However I sense you’ve got a suggestion here - What sort of thing were you thinking?

Do you think having a cap on how long you can keep a ship bumped before it can safely warp off
I believe that very early on this was a bannable offence (CCP Guard mentioned it in a presentation at Fanfest). Good bumping is a piloting skill and requires some solid game knowledge as well as intel, however I do accede that its very powerful in HS for a manouvre that doesn’t count as “aggression”. So rather than give it a time limit, I would suggest a compromise that persistent bumping could create a suspect timer after a certain period. That would at least mean that defensive action could be taken against the aggressor.

Cheers!

…galmil…

<.< i’m gonna end up in the torture chamber for voting for you(CALMIL FTW), but yeah…lowsec needs help

1 Like

I think our complaints/issues are a little bit greater than Grr Squids/Snails :slight_smile: I had a good chat with a couple of great Bloc and Calsf pilots at Eve London about all of our worries and it sounds like we’re on the same page.

I still think the LP stores need a balance pass for all factions. The Gallente LP store is very strong, the other less so, which feels arbitrary and unfair and that’s something I’d be pushing for.

This indirectly means buffs and/Or nerfs to what is currently available versus the introduction of new loyalty store items. Which is it to you?

aye. though a big reason for Gallente’s LP store being so strong would be Vexor Navy Issue’s insane combat potential and ratting potential. 125 bandwidth on a cruiser, with 50% dmg bonus etc.

no other empire has such demand for its faction ships.

yet…how to fix that…cause the first thing i recommend to newbros i bring in, is to train to VNI. so they can rat in null. so nerfing VNI to fix the issue would hurt newbros…(i’d go so far as to recommending CCP make this ship pre trained for newbros)

we could look into turning VNI into a multi faction LP ship i guess. or make it similar to ORE ships(gallente origin, but seperate faction).

we also need to find more stuff to do with faction LP…specially with POS being phased out in the coming year.

What do you suppose are the 3 main attractive points of pushing nullbros into VNI’s as a good thing, above other possible ships?

On a side point, do you think VNI’s in ratting would be as attractive if the rats had better target priorities for threat and shot at drones, or if the player was forced to push F, instead of drones/sentries auto cycling through targets?

(Saint, I hope you understand that this is not a ship problem, but an NPC and passive drone aggression problem. If i could click my launchers or turrets on and go afk do you think the VNI would still be so popular for ratting as it is now?)

Realistically I think the answer would be to mildly buff the other stores - However that doesn’t mean adding new items to the game but bringing in a few key items that are good LP/ISK reward (but not super high end - that would cause problems elsewhere, for example hitting HS mission runners) from other stores. I’d approach that by doing analysis of sales volumes and isk/lp return on a set of items which are sold outside of the faction LP stores and move in a set of balance items which hit the “good” range returns for the other factions. I’d need to confirm this by running through the numbers but my feelings are that the minnie store is in the worst place, then the Amarr/Caldari which could do with slightly less help.

I’m hoping that the forthcoming Faction Battleship rebalance will indirectly address this in a small way - Create good demand for the right factions ships and you’ve immediately created a demand based driver which makes the store more attractive.

Agreed. I’m pro anything that makes it harder to AFK. There are a few ways to achieve that and your idea of NPC vs Drone aggression tweaks sounds feasible.

the 3 main attractive points are

1. lack of ammo. i’ve noticed the newbros tend to gravitate toward lasers or drones while they still view 1mill as alot of isk. its only later that they begin to accept that ammo isn’t as expensive as it seems

2. ease of use. its a simple ship where you can either boost tank or speed tank it, and let the drones do what they will, with the occasional F to retarget them to smaller targets.

3. its just an insanely powerful potential ship. when they see their instructor(me) soloing havens(both types), and sanctums with 5 wasps doing 735dps. well, they tend to put that as a goal as 735 dps for a faction cruiser, that can solo any nullsec anomoly you come across. tends to leave an impression. (i try to bring my newbros ratting with me, so that the rats don’t shoot them, and they can get some nice ticks off my dps)

no other ship is as effective, or easy, to use ratting. honestly CCP should probably reduce its drone bandwidth down to 100, instead of 125. that wouldn’t kill off the ship’s popularity, but it would reduce its supremacy.

Side point: if rats shot at drones, then i suspect yeah VNI would be alot less attractive aye. infact, i’m not sure why frigates and dessies ignore large drones. and shoot the VNI…they should be prioritizing the drones…they do for carrier fighters…

forcing players to press F wouldn’t have much of an impact, as the newbros i train, are always reminded to press f to focus on smaller targets first, as those targets are the ones that can break a newbros tank, not to mention scram and web. so they are quite used to it. its not until they are alot more skilled that they are able to afk tank.
-that said, i do encourage forcing them to press f to stop afk tanks, like they did to carriers, in order to make the game mroe active. liek carriers, we could make it so they will stop moving in space(and thus be easy to kill) if you don’t tell them what to attack.

but just for sentry/heavy drones. and maybe medium.

for light drones, i like the behavior as is, as its a nice AI for battleships who target slowly, and so pray for the drones to target on their own.

A navy moa with the Moa’s old range bonus? or combat navy blackbird like the navy griffin? I can’t give feedback without ideas. Telling me SOMETHING is going to be pushed just makes me cringe after all the negative effect some other changes have had and what other changes failed to do and just wasted precious dev time.

I wouldn’t touch the AFK ratting just yet. You will anger a bunch of nullbears. If we force an interactive approach to content, that content should be fun/rewarding to experience. For example, a lot of pilots talk about making mining more interactive, but it only sounds like making it more of a chore than it already is. On the other hand, if you propose some kind if mining mini game where you tilt the angle of your mining lasers towards the core of the rock each one is mining, the more centered you are the more is mines over time, like the damage on the new Triglavian ships weapon system. If you’re off, you get reduced amount, maybe a fourth of what it is now. Dead center, double amount of mining at peak. No rock lasts forever, so you will not be able to sustain high yield peak too long anyway.

On the other hand, if you propose some kind if mining mini game where you tilt the angle of your mining lasers towards the core of the rock each one is mining, the more centered you are the more is mines over time, like the damage on the new Triglavian ships weapon system. If you’re off, you get reduced amount, maybe a fourth of what it is now. Dead center, double amount of mining at peak. No rock lasts forever, so you will not be able to sustain high yield peak too long anyway

i like that idea. we even have the FPS view to manually center our aim. so we could set that with 360 degree view, and move it manually to center the beam. and as the asteroid spins, adjust to maintain yield. plus it makes it interesting for moon mining where the asteroids are moving.

There is a certain way to fight a VNI. There’s nothing wrong with it being able to do what an Ishtar can also do, or what a Gila does even better in some cases. If it loses it’s drones, the VNI, of the three, is the only one that can’t throw out more than one spare set. Ishtar 375m3 bay. That’s 3 sets of heavies. Gila 100m3. That’s 5 pairs of very high dps mediums.

Take a look at zkill for the VNI. Looks more red than green. Please leave it alone. Vexor Navy Issue | Ship | zKillboard

oh i don’t mean VNI’s PvP performance. its focus on ratting tends to leave it easy to ambush and kill for PvP.

i mean for its PvE performance. where that 735 dps can seriously dominate. and is cheap compared to ishtar.

plus you don’t need more than 1 wave of drones. can’t remember the last time i lost a heavy drone. i’ve lost more carrier fighters than heavy drones in PvE.

when it comes to PvP, then VNI, while not being bad, struggles a bit as drones can be countered.

hm…actually, what if we had some rats with smart bombs. so you have to judge when to bring your drone back to let its shields repair. or what if ship explosions did dmg (not enough to kill, but enough so you can’t leave drones out forever ratting)