Salvage / Loot Mechanics

I liked the idea of only accesing loot with salvager as an interesting thought exercise.

Implementing it to the game is something I’m against. Mostly because it would take away easy looting, that players have taken for granted as long as the game has been running. I’m not saying that nerfs that affect every player couldent be made, this one though doesent have enough positive gameplay effects to justify it. Specialy, if you mix kilmails, new mods and more complex rules to it.

I have yet to see any fact based argument on what is wrong with the current implementation of looting and salvaging or why this would be a better idea even if theres nothing wrong with current mechanics.
(OP did say that salvaging as a profession doesent pay well enough and that its a rare profession. That is just false as its one of the most comon and lucrative professions among newplayers in null.)

I’m all for continuing mulling this idea, but please, if you just want to troll with adding unrelated things to it, like KMs and hacking minigames, let me suggest that we also make it so, that the salvager is the one getting bounty from rats, not their killer. It even makes sense in the lore, since concord wants proof of the killing and onlyone able to provide it, is the one salvaging the pirate wreck.

It’s not even about easy, if a ship with 3 guns needs to fit a salvager just to get basic loot now it only has 2 guns. A 33% DPS reduction.

Now either the guns, the ships, or the missions need to be adjusted.

This is a huge ripple effect.

I guess there should be a timer for opening a wreck, and if you salvage it you can acquire the salvage mats and open it faster.

So I kill something and I have to wait, but someone else can come up and just take the loot?

yes !
And you can kill him too.

if you have a salvager you just wait 8 s(the time for a salvager cycle)
The goal I think is to make it not instant to access a loot, and also make it worthwile to have an alt/friend with a salvager.

The Killmail, as its name suggest, has always been dedicated to the one(s) who killed the target, and the victim(s). Although it could be easy to integrate on zkill, I believe to have the KM to integrate the ‘salvagers’ (as being part of the kill) is misleading and will face a strong lobby against this potentially good idea.

Everything that goes on ‘after’ the ship has been blown to pieces is another story (call it the ‘loot mail’). This loot mail could be linked on zkill (as extra info) adjacent to the KM. So the salvagers get a loot mail, and the killers a killmail, and the victim gets both kind of mails.

Then again, KM already calculates the Isk value (ships/mods/cargo). Accounting that a Loot Mail (LM) will also be based on some value - how much should KM lose, in order to accomodate LM value? And how would that affect the large scale nullsec blobs?

Good luck selling this to the PvE crowd.

I did not expect my idea to be accepted by anyone.

I never do either, you can only post -1 so many times until your own ideas are perma-bad :slight_smile:

I don’t see any fact given here to accompany the “terrible” if this was the reason →

Then I’ve provided counter arguments clearly, all I see is some ppl simply against any changes, wants easy mode and avoid consequences to try to adapt to new play style.

Lots of ships already have utility high slots, CCP is excellent at adjusting ships and guns, this happens every patch every month almost.

I don’t see why missions needed to be adjusted, this is not just a suggestion for pve.

As for the ripple effect, that was the idea and intention, stated more than a few times since OP.

The fact your idea will affect pve players more than combat pvpr’s and your not even inclined to think about that requires this idea get -1 into oblivion.

Best ideas work when the take in the blanket effect change that CCP would initiate with things like this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.