Salvaging could be really profitable for an alpha?

Best way to salvage is to join a nullsec corp and salvage their rat droppings. Generally one of them won’t care to salvage their own loot and will happily let you tag along.

The problem is that an Alpha won’t have a big enough ship to salvage a Haven or Sanctum as they generate so much salvage, and most of it is large and heavy. They’ll do it, but I have no idea how many runs it would take to clear it all.

If you see me docked in Langissi convo me. I can run a few missions and send you bookmarks. (Although I need to remember how to actually do that.) I’ll even pull 'em all into a tight cluster for you with my MTU and leave the loot behind. Bring a Catalyst with as many salvagers as you can load and some expanded cargo holds or cargo space rigs for all the loot.

If I’m in money-making mode, I blitz burners. But if I’m just in chill out and kill stuff mode, I’m not doing it for the money, so I’m happy to leave the (very profitable for an alpha) wrecks and loot behind. It costs me nothing to bring an MTU in my Golem and have it collect stuff into a cluster for you.

If you’re close to Jita, try asking in Osmon. Otherwise try Langissi. (sic?)

We have alphas do it all the time in salvaging destroyers. It may take them some time, but they’ll definitively have enough to do. I find it funny that you say living in null would be too lucrative…

Where have I said that?

Here is where you imply that. I know for a fact that your assertion is wrong. Alphas in Karmafleet regularly salvage to get their first millions.

Good, i wasn’t implying anything, I was simply stating that they generate a lot of large heavy salvage items which needs a large hold. But if they have the time to do lots of trips that’s fine, good luck to them.

Honestly if they are coping using a Destroyer it’s great :slight_smile:

Use the Agent Finder set to Lvl 4, and look for systems with three agents, bonus if there are more next door. Go to those systems and ask in local. You should also have a combat fit for your destroyer, follow the missioner, land after they take aggro, and pick off the frigs. This will help teach you combat, get some bounty pay, make bookmarks for wrecks, drop MTUs… If you loose the ship, it’s not that much (don’t carry mtus till you know how not to die) and you’ll have more fun than waiting in station.

1 Like

Salvaging destroyers and T1 frigates are free to our members. they are free to lose them as often as they want learning the game. We find that helps quite a bit with player retention for a fairly insignificant fee for the corp.

please give me example of Really Big Salvage Item…
(kinda bigger that 0.01m3 ???)

I was simply stating that that any kind of Imicus-heron is good enough to salvage 10-20 heavens

Some items are 50m3…each.

If you bother looting them that is, and as far as I’m concerned, salvaging properly includes fully looting.

1 Like

wow
now you are talking about looting?
in the world where MTU exists

Yes, and the MTU still has to be emptied by someone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.