Scrap metal processing

It did as it added a lot of bonuses under the old reprocessing system to get to that magical 100% mark everyone eventually had. Hence it was really useful and so understandably it had a significantly long training time to max.

You needed reprocessing and repro eff to unlock the or processing and then by extension scrap metal. Since it now only affects reprocessing loot and not ore its a mostly redundant and over timely skill train imo. That CCP wants to keep loot repro down I can see. I used to be able to build a BS with a few L4 missions worth of loot in high sec, so yeah it was ridiculous and did need the nerf. just think they overlooked the skill itself in the long run.

1 Like

Another fair point.
I had an alt train Scrap Proc 5, but never did quite get the pay off I expected.
That was presumably after the change.

whether for HS or null sec, the skill is crap.

I did several havens in null. I got >200M worth in salvage, 70M worth of loot. 500M worth bounties
Now do the same for missions in HS.

Why nerf the drop to ridiculous level ? REMOVE THE DROPS AND THIS SKILL INSTEAD !!
Stop being hypocrit “you can do that but it’s completely a waste of time”.

To me it’s a lack of respect from CCP. So many newbros start the game, and want to clear everything in missions. And then they realize they been fooled by CCP. They lost their time to something advocated as useful which is actually GARBAGE level. They may even lose their mtus to someone bored.

For what ? for the proud of ccp to make a “complex world” ?

1 Like

So… this is about the newbros now?

I have noticed a sharp drop off of dropped loot.

Gadget’s restrictions makes the lower amount of loot stand out even more.

But I also understand that if they return the loot drops (and scrap reprocessing) back to higher levels, then this would increase the gulf between HS and NS earnings.

Maybe (as usual) CCP over-did their “fix”, but I don’t think they were trying to disrespect anyone - especially people not playing yet. Their future vision hasn’t shown to be that good. :wink:

–Junkyard Gadget

1 Like

who said it was about the newbros ? I say it is a problem when CCP nerf something into oblivion instead of removing it. That’s hypocritical.

1 Like

To be clear: You think 55% is unreasonable because 55% fails to be psychologically important.

2 Likes

You made 75-100M / hour in loot or total?

1 Like

Would be beneficial to make this easier to train (maybe change a couple of the V pre-reqs to IV).

Don’t think it needs changes beyond that.

1 Like

God, you really are an asshat troll… You see tears where there are none. So I got the chronological order a little messed up. It was just a statement of events for someone who said my comment about CCP nerfing the amount of wrecks holding loot was unfounded. My career path has been Missions and Exploration ever since I started playing this game in mid 2008.

Yeah, Metal Scraps were in the game back at the start but they were Trade / Mission Items first that couldn’t be reprocessed. Then around 2005 they were able to be reprocessed for Trit and added to loot table, mainly from structures, but rarely ever dropped and when they did, their m3 Volume amount was really large, basically they were useless. Around 2008 their Volume was reduced to 5.0 m3 but still took up a lot of cargo room so basically they got left behind while looting. In 2010 Metal Scraps replaced Meta 0 items and Noctis was added to the game. Sometime around 2012 Drone poo was removed and Metal Scraps Volume amount was reduced to 0.01 m3. Since then Metal Scraps has slowly become the main drop found in NPC wrecks.

I’m not going to research and list in chronological order all the nerfs to actual loot drops in wrecks over the years just to satisfy your indignation. Everybody who’s been playing this game for over half a dozen years or more knows that the amount of NPC wrecks holding loot has steadily been reduced to almost nothing.

3 Likes

Given Ive already agreed with Dracvald, and by extension you, the only tears Im seeing are yours, oh easily triggered one.

That was total on average just doing high sec exploration.

hm yes

Well let me be the bearer of good news for you. HS isk is now better from the last time you checked (the “lucky to get 1/4” part). L3 on a pre-buff alpha, and not using SoE agents, made ~30m/hr. L4s and burners and incursions make way more. Have not done HS exploration in a while so can’t speak to that.

1 Like

Burner missions and Incursions are basically niche high end PvE content for High Sec. Not something a lot of average players are doing. I highly doubt regular lv 4 missions will get you anywhere near 75 to 100 mill per hr.

Also my statement was in regards to a comment that High Sec still makes a ton of money. For the average player doing the same thing now that was done half a dozen yrs ago, no it doesn’t.

Anyway, so you made 30 mill per hr doing lv 3 missions with an Alpha Clone ? Consistently on average ? Guess I could say ‘Screenshots or it never happened’ but I don’t really care. Not sure why you’re hell bent on trying to prove me wrong, probably a McCandless alt.

gestures flamboyantly
IM a McCandless alt! Thats clearly just an imposter!
Heavens to murgatroyd! Exit… stage left!
flounces off dramatically

1 Like

Well I don’t know what you mean by average player. Its such a vague term unless used in a technical capacity, but then I would ask to see your data. Why are average players not able to do burners? They are not always skill or isk intensive. I’v done team burners in an ecm kestrel.

There is an alpha incursion channel. So not sure how incursion s are only high end.

EDIT: I could ask why you need to make false claims about HS isk. You claim that you are lucky to make 19-25mil/hr. That is false. Why do you need it to be true tho?

1 Like

See my Data ? You’re the one who’s claiming to make 30 mill per hr running lv 3 missions with an Alpha Clone. Oh and now you’re running lv 4 Burner missions too. OK man, whatever you say.

You wanna prove me wrong, go do High Sec Exploration for a week and keep record of how much ISK you make per hr.

EDIT: While you’re at it, also keep track of how many wrecks contain loot. That’s what actually started this convo anyway.

Yeah, if you mean average then I assume you have some place where you have seen average sp/time in game/etc for HS players. I have NO idea what that might be so I would ask.

And a quick trip to the mission forums/Google shows that burners can be done on alpha AND in ecm kestrels (tech YouTube has that). No need to take my word for it.

I am beginning to wonder how you can be here since 2008, doing nothing but pve, and still be unable to crack 25mil per hour in HS

if it takes them 10 times more time than an omega, you can expect to make 5 times less money per hour than an omega.

IT’s not about being able to do it. It’s about being efficient at doing it. burners require the most APM of all L4 missions. If you want to chill, you don’t do burners.

he was talking about REGULAR L4 missions, NOT burners. WITH full clear, that you may have forgotten.
Because the topic is not on “what you can do” but “why is looting inefficient”