Sec status jurisdiction (Not faction standing

Mute point. It’s pretty much impossible to monitor every little thing they do online.

Had an issue with wierdos on discord with her mincraft though so she’s banned from that XD

Not really most isps provided plenty of tools to check in on those sorts of things. Even let you flag types of sites. So your not outright blocking them but you’ll get a notification and can look more into it.

Im still disagreeing.

Having the cops after me doesnt stop me doing anything at all, its utterly inconsequencial.

Not being able to use Station Facilities stops me doing some things.
vOv

It is factional, but you said you want factions to care about your PvP activity. That’s the part of the game where the target of your PvP matters to the factions, rather than the criminality of your PvP.

Criminality is a universal function, on purpose. CONCORD was established via treaties between all of the empires as a joint effort because capsuleers are insanely powerful and the empires would love to just banish them from their space but they cannot - so they work together to punish the most dangerous capsuleers - those who outright flaunt the universal laws of empire space. Amarr doesn’t care that an outlaw is hunting other capsuleers in Minmatar space, they care that the outlaw has demonstrated willingness to break the laws enshrined in the CONCORD treaties.

Don’t want CONCORD to attack you? Don’t consistently break the laws enshrined in the treaty between the Empires - or, if you do, pay them off to get back into higher security standings again.

It is nearly trivial to keep/recover high security status, or to do all your criminal acts on a dedicated outlaw character so you can keep moving your non-outlaw characters through high sec unimpeded.

Changing sec status to be yet another layer of faction-dependent standings instead of a universal value does not improve gameplay, because the negative impacts of being an outlaw are so damn easy to manage around. If you are worried about those effects - ASK FOR HELP in understanding how to deal with them, don’t propose taking away the few teeth sec status has for literally no reason beyond ‘it would be easier’.

I have outright blocked discord and minecraft.

No.

Concord sec status i reckon should be tied to faction space. It’s still concord but it is dynamic relative to where you pvp, rather than just a blanket sec status. The same sort of way it is in Elite dangerous. It would still be concord but it would raise or lower relative to your crime in different areas of space. It would be more dynamic.

But yes people have said thag the lore is the lore. I reckon The lore could be that concord strike a new deal to ease the workload. Something like that.

Oh look a fair point XD

I wouldn’t like station eervices being affected no.

People just used the lore to explain how the game mechanics are laid down. Since they don’t agree the game mechanics need to be changed, changing the lore is also unecessary.
You are yet to present a convincing argument. And no, “I prefer how it is done inn ED” is not a convincing argument.

1 Like

I don’t have to convince you. Saying "yeah but this is how it is so it cant be changed " isn’t convincing either XD

So you prefer it how it is. You know that that is pretty much all you should really say. You dont have to keep hammering home “this is how it is so no”. I know how it is and I’d like a change to a more dynamic concord sec status.

I don’t need to convince you and actually, posting on the forum is the completey incorrect channel to be sharing ideas XD

Guess what, no convincing is necessary to keep things as they currently are is the change that requires effort.

So, you have an issue, not me.

2 Likes

Why should you be able to kill people and lose sec status in amarr space but keep a positive status in caldari space?

Doesnt FW already basically allow this anyway?

A bad comparison, because the effects of the criminality standing status in ED are quite different from EVE - making this kind of regional status necessary in ED but pointless in EVE.

Pretty much but I think she wants to limit the number of people that can shoot back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.