Secondaries and sesnsible military planning

Did he have RLMLs or just precision fit RHMLs? Just curious, since the Rattle doesn’t get a bonus to the former but does to the latter.

if he was using a grapple he could of managed with faction heavies

Yeah, I’m just curious what he actually had fitted, if he remembers or has the kills handy.

Afraid it was quite some time ago. I didn’t lose my svipul (I nope’d out of there pretty quick when FC called for the bugout) and our alliance uses svipuls a lot lol.

That said, we were all shocked that he had RLMLs, that was one of the things that made the encounter stick out in memory. We were all “wtf he has RLMLs… do we… uh… oh we just lost one. Hmm… well… nope there goes another one!”. He’s reloading now though so… lets see if we can burn him down.

It was surprisingly effective. We stuck around far longer than we should have, thanks to the long reload timer. Best guess, dude was fit to peel fast tackle off faster than I can grimace and rip a bandaid off. Once it was clear that we weren’t going to break him before we lost critical mass, FC said nope.

Props to your FC, I’ve seen people follow the sunk costs fallacy right into a fleet welp.

And yeah I am… not hugely happy with the current state of RLMLs, especially when compared to remotely comparable turret weapons. About their only saving grace is that if you have a RHML or RLML fitted ship and you run into someone with a weapon not meant for shooting down a size tier you’re basically straight up dead barring hilarious incompetence on the enemy’s part or amazing competence on yours (or both) if you don’t just run away instantly.

First time I’ve heard of anyone running RLMLs successfully on a Rattlesnake but looking at the base stats I can’t really say I’m surprised.

it really does seem to be a problem with the RLML i think if they gave a penalty to flight time (or even better velocity) it would go a long way. RHML seem to be in a good place but this is only because they are week against anything the bigger than a BC or smaller than a painted DD. where as RLML are only really weak against ships with a decent buffer.

Actually, i would love to see something along the lines of point defense module, a LARGE gun module that acts like a FOF missile launcher, ei it auto target small ships/drones within range and fires randomly each cycle, it would still count as a turret so fitting one would lower a battleships ability to deal good damage to enemy large ships. and it would not be pilot aim-able like normal guns so battleships won’t be able to fit all point defense and insta snipe frigates.

i see it as a logical evolution to current anti ship size below you weaponry (like how battleships have duel 250mm rail guns, and cruisers use singuler 250mm railguns, the funs were designed for battleships to punch below their weight class.)

… why would i not just use med sized guns?

Why don’t you just fit rapid heavies or rapid lights? Or medium or small guns?

Honestly…:roll_eyes:

You can already do this, and you can aim the things. Just fit either a Small or Medium turret or, even better, a Rapid Light Missile Launcher.

The reason no one actually does so is the number of ships where this doesn’t take away a turret or crucial fitting space can be counted on one hand, and most of those ships aren’t in a good place anyway and should be reworked. Plus one or two launchers don’t do enough DPS to actually threaten any smaller ships.

It’s just not worth doing, ever, and if they did enough damage to make it worth doing then they’d be pretty OP.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.