Secure mining

some people actually do this. There is a rig that will greatly help. Higgs anchor or something or other. Imo its wholly unnecessary and requires me to be more active then i want to be when I was mining.

depends what you are facing - if you are dealing with people who bump - then orbiting was fairly effective at messing with them. On the otherhand if you are dealing with People who gank then orbiting is not that helpful. Oth - if you are watching local - and see a sudden spike - that is usually enough time to get out of dodge - you just have to be paying attention - if you are afk - it doesnt matter what direction you are pointing.

1 Like

I propose d: Being aligned all the time at 75% velocity and mine different asteroids which are situated on the way.

In wh-space being aligned is quite healthy and ore sites are very scattered. So you can fly to a particular direction for severals minutes, long enough to fill a Venture, Covetor or Hulk. The art is finding a “string” of asteroids on the path which can be mined for a while while passing them in 75% velocity and set a starting bookmark accordingly - a nice exercise in applied geometry.
That’s of course non afk tactics, but you can mine very nice stuff that way and get out very fast. I may add most of my mining ships are speed tanked, getting away quick in certain situations is superior to being well tanked, for that doesn’t help you when you are alone and pointed, so I try to avoid being pointed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.