Security update

Yeah but isn’t everyone in EveWho? and some people didn’t get “scammed”

in 20 years of the game I haven’t heard of this til I saw it on both my accounts after reading the Update. If any of the IP Addresses even are close to any of the Large Pirate Alliances, or known Player terrorist groups, then I think a heavy sanction should be imposed, and / or criminal charges sent to local authorities. Don’t soft pedal this behavoir at all. Maybe it will curtail future attempts.

Sorry I don’t acspect any excuses or thnk any should be concidered F them.

What does playstyle have to do with real world cybercrime?

Maybe you should lay off the cool-aid.

They need to add the eyeroll emoji as a response option.

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It seems that I have to correct myself. That character is on kb. I know for a fact he has never been involved in any fights, so I assumed he wasn’t on kb. But, during the Gallente election event, I left one of his shuttles in space in a safespot. It seems that someone scanned out that shuttle and killed it. And consequently he is on zkill.

Sorry for speaking before verifying (in my defense I did try to verify, but zkill’s search is not functioning for me right now for some reason).

2 Likes

The theory lives again…

She Lives!!!

1 Like

Anyone taking bets if the collection of wallet snapshots will be made public via reddit or some other platform? I surely couldn’t resist to look after the amount of money some of the major entities have. :rofl:

It’s only the main wallet tho, not any of the divisions.

So it will be a fairly unreliable indicator of the true wealth of corps.

And that’s before we consider the value of assets, PLEX, LP etc.

While it will give an idea, it’s not actually a good indicator of wealth. Assets is where you should look to for that. But it should be a lot more difficult to ‘ping’ assets from a third party.

Most traders only keep a certain % in cash. or liquid isk, and the rest should be in assets moved slower. Some more liquid than others. The more assets the more isk to a point but beyond that the actual raw isk goes down. Nevermind if you catch them in a isk poor or rich point in their trading cycles would mean that its not a great indicator.

Exactly. But, of course, you never know what someone might come up with on how to profit from this, and it will be interesting to see if this info will be leaked online now.

i dont care, it is everchanging, dont do anything about it and keep going on like nothing happened, it would probably work the best.

i dont care, it is everchanging, dont do anything about it and keep going on like nothing happened, it would probably work the best.

Nuh uh…0K ISK was also sent to my corporation wallet…which has zero ISK in it anyway and I’ve never used. Its just a tiny 7 man corp. Not sure why anyone trying to find the wealth of the mega corps would bother with the tiny ones.

Not that its ok what happened, but why does it matter if someone sees your wallet? The post said no other info than personal wallet i think. Why did they go through this effort? CCP this does not make sense that someone would commit these acts just to know the isk amount in a game wallet. Someone is lying and this time it aint me. People do things for reasons. So what is the reason anyone needs to know random wallet sizes. Wealth is not stored in wallets unless you have none.
I smell a bull around here.
image

I doubt it’s a conspiracy that FC is trying to hide the truth of what happened. That said, it’s not impossible that they don’t yet know the full extent of what happened, and what looks like a wallet balance attack might have more layers yet to be discovered.

It’s not hard to come up with a motivation or two for finding active accounts with large ISK holdings.

As a precaution, I’m thinking about creating a new alt just to use as a bank.

1 Like

I shut down all my alts permissions to access things. Good idea imo. It will be less risk per account for multiboxers to do so I think. Just paranoid but its prob a good time to take a little extra precaution. Even CCP said to think about dual auths.

“To check whether you were affected, look in your wallet journal for an incoming donation of 0 ISK on Friday 4 September between 15:00 and 21:00 UTC from any of these characters:”

Actually I have one way before all the others. Most of mine occur between 11.00 and 16.00…except for this one…which is literally just after midnight on September 4th. That means the activity was going on some 15 hours before FC say it was…

AIUI this could’ve been going on for weeks, or even years.

The difference with the window FC mention in their posts, is that a high volume automated bot was used to donate to thousands of wallets, and they noticed the spike in the traffic.

They have not said if they know how long the exploit has been there, or how long it has been there, just that they noticed it after a huge burst of ‘donations’ in the time window mentioned.

I have just found a mystery 0 ISK donation as far back as July 18th. The curious thing is…I remember this incident as I’d just just left Jita to do 3 jumps to my home station ( and get the daily reward )…and all of a sudden I got a 0 ISK donation, from a player who I’d never heard of before and who is still in the game.