Seek Your Destiny - Opportunities Feature

It’s so warm and fuzzy in here. And there are autocannons.

But since you brought it up…

Everyone who complains always says all the good developers left. Who were they and when did they leave? Where did they go?

Please do not seek me. I am not yours, you cannot have me, and you will not find me anyway. In the event that you do manage to find me, you will not be able to acquire me because I will not willingly leave my position, unless coaxed out with high-quality resin-molded naughty anime figurines, which are actually quite expensive. And even if you’re successful, I will bite and scratch, and the experience will not be enjoyable to you.

I hope you aren’t.

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

If you don’t believe me, ask @Archer_en_Tilavine.

long time i don’t see him
what have you done to poor archer you monster?

That is something no one can and should answer for you. You can join a corp, you can live on your own for a while and do things, you can participate in open groups, you can form your own group, you can infiltrate groups, you can cause grief to others and so on and so forth.

While no one can tell you what to do and you have to decide that yourself after some dabbling around, I would wager a guess that this WYCDIE map could help a lot in figuring out what you want to do really.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely messed up.

This is an initial test phase for now and will only be available to new characters. The results of this phase will be used to further develop the feature with the aim of improving the new player experience and helping newcomers find relevant content tailored to their interests and aptitudes.

This all looks good on paper but the reality is it won’t work, mainly because of the career choices it encourages new players to do.

Want to be a humble miner in a core system? Want to seek out the criminals of the universe and put them to justice? Want to build your own industrial or military empire? Or would you rather be an explorer on the outer fringes of the cluster?

All those career choices they point new players to have been nerfed almost out of existence or just can’t be done by new players.

Sure, CCP wants to help new players ‘Seek their Destiny’… as a Sacrificial Lamb.

2 Likes

No wonder CCP today are just a bunch of beer drinkers.

1 Like

[edited] just bad.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hoped for that from 2004 to 2016, then just lost hope

Only if the kids forget to use the plex vault

@Destiny_Corrupted has me bound and gagged and locked up in her basement. Please send help! :confounded:

Nah, RL has possessed my soul. With each passing day it becomes decreasingly likely I’ll return to EVE at any point. I still respond my EVEmails and forum pings and I still manage what’s left of my Omega skill queue and collect my daily SP in case I ever do come back, but I would not cross my fingers.

Thanks for still thinking about me, though. I do miss you guys. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Archer did you make a baby…

1 Like

me to dude
you are looking good :smiley:

destiny basement is pretty scary
then fun… the scary again
then fun …

1 Like

Baby come back, any kind of fool could see

There was something in everything about you

Baby come back, you can blame it all on me

I was wrong, and I just can’t live without you

I’m going to tell you the same thing I told the judge when I underwent jury duty interviews for juror selection a few weeks ago

Judge: Do you have any children?
Me: None that I know of

… after a few more racy answers to otherwise straightforward questions, the mother ■■■■■■ selected me to serve on the jury :rage:

But seriously though, I’m sorry for ghosting everyone. RL has me losing my freaking mind, and the only way I could deal with it was to cut certain things off cold turkey give RL 100% of my attention. I didn’t want to cut off friendships, but I just didn’t have the time or mental health to maintain those actively (it’s why I dropped off Discord). Things have gotten better, but it’s a long and bumpy road ahead. If you guys will have me back, I look forward to restoring those out-of-game friendships I’ve forged with you guys whether or not I end up rejoining EVE at some point.

1 Like

Where i can find the new Opportunities windows?

1 Like