Selection Bias?

You bring up an interesting point. I started a discussion regarding ganking PvP during high-security space PVE missions, specifically security missions in dead space pockets.

How did that discussion go? Was insulted for not being a smarter player. Encouraged to quit playing if I did not like their rules. Determined to not yield to their demands.

Also realized in-game retribution was likely so I stopped engaging in my own discussion. June 29th, less than a week later, the Something Really Pretentious Alliance declared war on my 4-member holding corporation. The active player corporation using our assets is not much bigger. The following day, they reinforced 4 of 5 structures (Athanors) during our inactive time. Members of that alliance have been monitoring our activities in the system for months now. Reminds me of a cat hunting in a fish bowl.

Even feedback on the new Exordium region fits this pattern. How dare Eve developers create a space where players cannot cause other players grief? One player feels that roaming Exordium looking for players over 30 days as a worthy effort. Really?

2 Likes