Yea well we dont care what you think
Will see, how they this implement to game environment, hope it will some clever way.
I’d imagine the process of not generating names that mean ‘ your mother is a goat’ in some obscure foreign language necessitates short and boring names.
Don’t worry, they’ll have Aura to guide them.
Sounds like to become the new presearing Ascalon. Over in the original Guild Wars you have a tutorial area with a smaller sectional map of Ascalon. When your character gets leveled to 3 or 4 you can talk to an NPC who gives you the last mission to complete, and then you see the words Two Years Later on the screen. At this point you are never allowed to go back to Ascalon before the searing. Well they do a time travel mission every April Fools, but that isn’t the same thing.
As a result, many of us have characters called a perma-pre on GW who stays there out of spite. We can even get them up to level cap (20). Not much challenge in there as all the NPC are level 8 at most. Due to the existence of the player community there, the developers added a special area with higher level creatures to level up to 20.
That is what it sounds like to me. This could mess with @Mike_Azariah and his MSB, how will he reach the new people protected in a non-existent area? I am somewhat glad they said new systems, as I still visit the career centers a lot for those free ships. BTW aren’t the career center systems already a protected realm?
I don’t think new players need this, but it should be interesting how CCP sets it up.
Have fun!
i think you are drinking too much quafe.. this sounds like its just an extension of the air before they get released to the career systems and do the career agents and the soe arc.. mike will still be able to reach them. may have to raise the age of the player base he frequents but.. small stuff.
This is stupid, i think newbies cant undock, they play eveonline in a vr simulator in eveonline. then they are seperate.
Lots of crazy opinions and over speculations here. Ill just hold my own speculations until i see more information on this………strange system.
I’m really not a fan of how they’re laid out, it’s much too symmetrical. EVE’s 3D map is a mess, and the 2D map (and dotlan) only partially solve this, but the scattered systems have a much more natural layout.
The map makes sense if you consider it to be a virtual reality like what exists with sleepers and the Fulcrum, which we will be getting more of with bastions and Vanguard. Concord (likely with AIR help?) is likely making the structure housing the NPE Virtual machine as we speak with the new Yulai landmark. This ofc is just speculation.
Oh, if it’s a virtuality I guess that’s alright.
No, I can’t afford to drink, I have dialysis tomorrow. I don’t see any point to this new region for “New Player Experience” other than to keep all the rest of us outside. The only question on my mind is, will they leave on their terms or will they be forced out of their protective garden?
Have fun!
This has never been a good idea when it comes to CCP features. It’s paramount to point out obvious flaws in their thinking right away and as early as possible in the process. Otherwise they have created a fait accompli and won’t budge from that under any circumstances.
Oh, this is going to work out great…..
(I’m guessing this idea is from the same group that brought us the PvP Fest?)
New players in eve…………that’s a load of crap, Character farmers are not new players, they’re a scourge on this game, this con artist BS means these loser character farmers will have a new place to make and destroy eve further.
Not shocked by CCP’s worthlessness, its a common trait in the 21st century.
Everyone is asking and speculating on this new area, I will toss this out here. It might be all players area, with no weapons. Meaning your weapon system locks when you enter. I also imagine it won’t be very “useful” for the veterans of this game other than recruiting. I doubt there will be gas or much beyond the low base ores. It might be a mission only area.
They said on the page “to temper some speculation” but I think it has the opposite affect.
Fly Safe o7
My assumption is it will have some cheap ships, with simulated Highsec/Lowsec/Nullsec/etc. New players can basically warp around until they get bored and are ready to start the game. I don’t see the problem.
You are speculating on a single pre-announcement note that new systems will be added. You don’t know any of the planned mechanics or the features that will be implemented.
But still, you manage to complain about the whole idea based on how you’ve imagined its implementation.
I am not complaining, just don’t see any point to this exercise. This is the company where they claim to lose money due to R&D spending. This is more R&D spending. Kind of tells you they plan to make another claim on their tax statement this year. I often wish I was getting that kind R&D money and not required to show any results.
Fly Safe o7
It will probably be more clear when we get more information during Fanfest. At the moment, the only growth I can see is the growth of number accounts used for multiboxing, not the growth of the number of new players/customers. Maybe I’m right, so CCP decided to do something about it… we’ll see.
All companies are claiming that
It’s a blanket term to describe everything - from modernizing legacy code base, to developing new features and even new products.
I’m just saying - it could be a good thing.