September Release - General Feedback

Look at the way the wind is blowing. You think there fuel costs are not going to go up a lot?

EVE already overloads you with information. No point in having the SAME info in two places.

I will take your stuff just contract it in any npc station.

1 Like

So warp off, warp back. Problem solved.

Unless theyā€™re AFK mining of courseā€¦

Hull tankers get overlooked again with the new fittings windows changes?

Good.

The fewer people know about hull tanked ships the more the ones that do can benefit from them.

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

As for the cyno changes, I see two things happening:

1. Smaller groups and solo players with alts will have a harder time moving via jump drive. Urk.

2. Larger groups will continue exactly on as before using CovOps frigates to bridge in a Recon or BlOps to light a cyno for them, and replace their network of cyno frigates with a network of cyno haulers. /yawn

For all of CCPā€™s apparent desire to disrupt nullsec, they sure seem to be doing a great job of nerfing small groups compared to the major coalitionsā€¦

7 Likes

Exactly, that is why the bar above EWV needs to show the 3 minutes to warp and not the warp acceleration progress that is visible in the HUD speed meter.

1 Like

When activating warp, is the speed important?

Why not making the HUD indicator convert to a warp indicator? Just a switch of the information displayed with a bit of GFX.

1 Like

After looking at player numbers last night USTZ and talking to other players, does anyone want to bet on the date when EVE player count is less than 10,000 during prime time?
This is sad for a game I love to play!

1 Like

Ummā€¦ no.

This is how it works, some bot king with 10 ships is mining ice. Any time a regular miner shows up the bot king gets out his bump ship and hits the miner at high speed, knocking him way out of range of the ice. If the miner comes back the bot king keeps bumping.

The worst is these are not capital ship pilots, these are new players being harassed, with no recourse, by botters.

So instead of protecting new players from botters they protect capital pilots from themselves and cover it with a lame new players stuck on asteroid excuse.

So fail.

You do realize that mining barges are notoriously difficult to bump like that if they actually orbit the thing theyā€™re mining, right?

If you are sitting stationary in a belt mining and get bumped, I have very little sympathy for you, new player or no.

No, because then there will be a lower standard and some would say, we can have a better game with less than 10000.

I think, and forgive me to mix it upā€¦ the right questions would be:

What is the minimum sustainable concurrency? both in game (enough for New Eden to be enjoyable so it reverts the decline rate) and out there (min req for CCP to still make $)
At present rate of decline, how long will both reach a break point?

Because internally, we have already reached those numbers but people still have not figured them out.
We have reached a state of affairs which dictates a minimum requirement for a group to survive in Null. That minimum was not important before BO, simply because survival was not directly dependent, to put it somehow.

What is that number?
How many pilots are needed for an entity to survive in Null nowdays?
I have visited those numbers and of course! there is a bar to everything and exceptions to the rule.
But the closer I get to survival minimum, the more it becomes similar to donutbrella numbers.

We have to account that and calculate a minimum of concurrency for the game to be healthy and/or balanced in terms of enjoyability, which is now a complete mess as lack of traffic / content in Null began metastasis the whole system. Not easily predictable.

As for the break point, well itā€™s subject to speculation and stupidity plays a role but it must be a known number within CCPā€™s desks. They know that number, they know the risk posed by the decline rate, they know the edge. I suspect that number must be around 50% of todayā€™s current, simply because they donā€™t look to be in panic mode or they are good damn actors. Which means, by the moment it reaches a 8-10K 36Hr average during weekdays, the break point would have been reached.

At that moment, the entrance doors will be exhibiting chains and padlocks the next Friday morning.
And at present decline rate, with the acceleration derived from BO and whatā€™s yet to be seen from cyno changes, we have either 4 or 8 months left of EVE as we know it.

Why the gap? 4 Months if winter wasnā€™t upon us and some miracle reverts at least the decline rate, not the totals. In other words, and as the TiS CSM meeting guys said : ā€œsomething good better happen to EVEā€.
But we do not know of anything good coming, not good enough for the winter (expansion) release to make the urged change.

So, you could count on 6 more months average left of EVE Online, if at least the decline rate is not miraculously stopped. I still think it must be reverted: The effects of chaos in the decline rate must be reverted ASAP.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to recommend you go to an Ice site and just watch. I never really ā€œgot itā€ myself until I saw it first hand.

The first thing that crossed my mind: ā€œBilliardsā€ :rofl:

Thanks for the feedback. The progress bar shows a combination of your progress towards the required warp vector velocity and alignment, or if you are closer to it, the progress towards the 3 min auto-warp timer. What this means is that usually, it will be indicating your ships progress towards the warp vector, but if you get stuck, it will transition to a countdown to the auto-warp.

As others have rightly mentioned, the EVE UI is already very busy, so we were conscious of not adding too much more complexity, while trying to indicate that there are a few factors at play when trying to activate your warp drive. At the very least, we hope that this provides more information than was available before this change.

3 Likes

Can we please have an option to turn off fitting warnings. Although i appreciate it may be a useful tool for new starters, it is kind of condescending for veteran players.

Please adjust the time needed to lock up wrecks created in the new lesser conduit sites to equal the standards set in normal Invasion systems. For my ship, it took 30 seconds per wreck to lock, far longer than previous Triglavian wrecks.

1 Like

You ā€œlate gameā€ folks need to wake up. There is no ā€œlate gameā€ or ā€œend gameā€ in Eve. Stop being stupid and applying you traditional wow clone into Eve.

1 Like

The game is too heavily weighted with high SP chars able to fly Capitals which is a variety of the problem that any mature MMO faces: what to do with players who are at the ā€˜end gameā€™ (have maxed out chars).

This wouldnā€™t be such a problem if it wasnā€™t for skill injectors and to a great extent CCP caused their own problem by adding said injectors to the game. And now we have some very crude and arbitrary changes to the game to try and band-aid the consequences of injectors.

I donā€™t get your commentā€¦ I still see hull hitpoints and resistances. What else you want?

Scan resolution is a key stat. In a ship with ~350 scan res, Iā€™m locking the Emerging Conduit Trig wrecks in 10 seconds. It does feel long ā€¦ I mostly use salvage drones to clean up, even if it takes a bit longer on average.

1 Like