September Release - General Feedback

1 Like

And? I still don’t see the problem. Every MMO game would have to be banned since they too are also based on addictive neurological sciences, right? Dopamine hits that cause addiction are synonymous with playing video games, sports, sex, movies, drugs, taking a crap, driving, death, breathing air, and murder.

Cyno changes all good and well, i don’t like the JF being locked only to industrial cyno’s tho.

Why not also make them jump to the Covert ops cyno’s?
This will give veteran players an option to invest more training into their chars, and as a reward for the time invested they can jump to covert ops cyno’s.
Cynosural field generation 5 is needed for those covop cyno’s so that’s what a 20 day training.
People also need a covert ops capable ship + skills taking even more time to train.

The extra training will reward players who want to invest into this by :

1: Safer jumping, no real risk in losing your cyno ships.
2: Less ozone consumption
3: More gameplay options, for example the ability to supply allied fleets behind enemy lines opening up a lot of tactical options.
4: A better way to get cyno’s in hard to get to mid points

This will give a new JF pilot the option to use the industrial cyno as a starting point.
Then transition into the covert ops training once they are ready.

2 Likes

AS a player who has mostly been in small corps or solo the changes in cyno usage has mostly now removed null as an area we can use to make ISK. Unless you got reasonable backup the ISK loss to popping cyno ships is unacceptable.

CCP needs to back it down some, allow cynos by any t-2 ship.
Reduce the cycle time, maybe introduce a T2 version of the cyno that has bonus to reduce cycle time. This would drive up training time.
I like the idea of making JF able to jump to covert cynos.

Slowly CCP is making the game less and less interesting to me and the gang I fly with, I think most have gone permanent AFK because of changes the last year or so…

Hey CCP why not do like WoW did and bring back EVE “classic” on its own servers and see how many that draws…

2 Likes

I like all the changes but the new warp bar. Lets keep that information down below the capacitor where it’s always been.

Industrial Cyno is the dumbest worst change ever to cynos. This has made logistics the biggest PITA imaginable.

It’s bad enough that I have to scramble around to find an industrial ship to use, but then I have to find the liquid ozone, which at cyno V is 400 liquid ozone aka 160 m3…something that won’t fit in any ship capable of getting someplace quickly. Thanks for taking a tedious task and making it a gagillion times worse.

Seriously, you’ve ruined logistics.

Perhaps if we could have the ability to jump to covert ops cynos that would be a lot better then the current situation. If you are hell bent on having an industrial cyno, could we perhaps have a reduction in liquid ozone requirements or at least have an industrial hauler that has a bonus to reduce the time on the cyno and the ozone requirements.

4 Likes

Damn did this one trigger me…

Why make player weapons dumber, rather than make the NPC’s more deadly or smarter?

Would it have been that hard to simply make the NPC’s warp on top of targets if they were getting kited out? Why not make them just warp away and deny the content altogether for such abuse?

Its not like human controlled fleets would just sit there and let someone pound them from over 450 km away.

Oh wait, yeah, carriers have a 4000km range…care to address how this doesn’t fit into the “designed to shoot at extreme range” category? Its disgusting that a citadel that costs as much as a super is limited to a few hundred km’s when a carrier ( not even a super ) can out range it by almost an order of magnitude.

Its been over two years since I watched the last of the POS modules get tossed into the recycler, even the super capital construction facility. Most residents of 0.0 space that were into moons had hundreds of towers and it really says a lot if the expectation of CCP was for everyone to just sit on all that stock for years waiting for it to get turned into something useful.

3 Likes

Cyno jumps are not meant to be easy.

Welcome to the rebalance.

3 Likes

JF wouldnt have been so demanding on a player as it is now had not everyone said the skill training was too long for cyno alts and the ships too expensive for CCP to come back with a “cheaper solution” but in turn making the task so daunting it takes hours to cyno a few times. So in fact it isnt a cheaper solution in my opinion because all those hours spent trying to get a hauler into null or even go find one to buy is isk loss.

The point of being in the wilderness is not meant to have easy access to Trade Hubs.

That is the problem with null, it got to the point there was no real risk and no real effort needed.

Glad it is getting fixed.

1 Like

I think the people of providence would disagree, though for more recent examples, the fleeing panfam forces.

It is CCP’s problem if some Senator, MP or equivalent decides to use ‘gambling in games’ to further their career - mere facts have little relevance when faced with political ambition. Why take the risk, when Eve doesn’t need gamblers to stay alive ?

1 Like

… was properly refunded by CCP via increased reprocessing rate, did you miss that? The only things left are the blueprints, the towers itself and the non-indu modules (hangars, weapons, etc.).

1 Like

I am all on board with changes to prevent the capital umbrella, but making it take 2-3 times as long to set up a jump for logistics is ridiculous. How is it necessary for me to have to burn 7 jumps one way in an industrial to get liquid ozone game enhancing or game balancing?

Yep more duplication and clutter had a look through the settings to turn it off and guess what you can’t but there is a thumbs up and down! did you enjoy playing eve today,? Really?

Because you are in the middle of no where it should be a massive task.

You are saying what does it add, when its addition like so many rewards in Null, were added because of bitching by null, not good decisions. Now CCP are rebalancing properly.

2 Likes

If only there were some kind of huge ship with a lot of cargo capacity that could jump to your cyno ship and drop off more liquid ozone that it could use to light cynos in the future.

They could call it a “jump freighter”.

5 Likes

It’d never catch on… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes, it worked out pretty well for some - Still being able to put up staging towers for hot drops is a thing. Especially as pos’s were supposed to have been removed and reimbursed, they seem to be pretty popular.,.

Of course CCP’s vision at the time led to and included structure spam, they probably just decided to allow pos use to continue to add to it.,.

Huh, if you had friends in Eve instead of “I want to do it al myself”, you would find a better play-style.