September Release - Known Issues

Select the Reset Settings tab. Click on Clear All Cache Files button.

The client will then ask if you would like to restart the client. Click on yes and the client will close, you will then have to start the client again.

This worked for me, but I found that the ‘wormhole sound’ is now both much quieter, and much shorter in duration.

This has returned your active client’s activation sound, and thats great. But the issue of let’s say myself, watching, sitting, zoomed in and looking at the wormhole your jumping through…there is no wormhole activation sound indicating you have jumped through. The only way of knowing you actually have jumped through is when you eventually break cloak. This issue was not solved by clearing the cache. Please return wh activation sounds. I doubt this was intentional as it is of the magnitude of a WORMHOLE SOUND ACTIVATION BLACKOUT. We all know how that ended.

1 Like

Not sure what’s happened there, but I heard the ‘wormhole sound’ before the character (who was another of my accounts) de-cloaked.

WH activation sounds do not work for me as of the Graphics update. no matter what I try.

Same issue here… i can hear my own clients activations but no one else’s… this pretty much breaks wormhole space completely for me… i have tried everything up to and including game uninstall/reinstall… anyone find a way to fix this?

I hear it - but It’s very very quiet - probably an ‘on purpose’ change to try and make life more difficult in wormhole space.

• NOTE: if you have an alt watching a wormhole & turn the volume up enough to hear it, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT under any circumstances press d-scan … I did and the windows rattled, the speakers fell off my desk and the neighbors dog barked for at least an hour.

CCP - INCREASE THE WH ACTIVATION SOUND LEVEL PLEASE

2 Likes

Also on the subject of wormholes - CCP PLEASE - when the wormhole changes state make it do something noticeable … ANYTHING … They used to wobble and shrink.

It seems the only way you can really tell if a WH has become destabilized is to right click and show info - BUT - The old fashioned info box does not update in real time so you have to close it, right click the wormhole & show info AGAIN.

Of course all these little annoyances could have been avoided if the purpose of the wormhole graphic was understood and the visuals/sounds UX designed for that requirement.

a known issue is that you guys caved in and got rid of Nullsec Blackout.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.