{Serious} "Drop cargo or die"

Besides the fact that people on comms in various corps have said they are doing it. Sometimes FCs even say to pull implants or toss cargo before death to lower lossmails. Also, many times if you bubble up when something comes through gate and there is a long pause, sure they could be telling their friends, but many times you know they have nothing behind them and they know they are going to die. After the long pause and you blap their pod you will find a partial set of XYZ implants. Sure it is not 100% proof (they could be shopping for the rest of the set) but it is likely that you got em before they finished pulling. Killing pods fast and not holding them you will find you get way more juicy ones.

Personally I don’t rip implants or toss cargo as the loss happens anyway, and sometimes I have gotten away even when it seemed like I was 100% done for lol.

Eh. I’ve been known to offer ransoms, particularly if I’ve got a shiny on the line.
Usually I ask 60-80% of the base hull value. It’s not a prolonged conversation, I know batphones work.
Thing is, for me at least, if I offer and they accept and I get paid… I let them go.

If I just want a kill the conversation never happens.

2 Likes

It used to be a thing in Eve, pirates would ransom ships and many would honour it. Normally it was prompted by a channel invite.

Pirates who dishonered ransom face being kicked from group/Corp who would sometimes compensate the victim.

CCP then went to war with non consensual pvp which destroyed such groups and any honouring of agreements.

Prior to nerfs there was little annomosity between pve and pvp players, now there is, CCP fostered that.

5 Likes

Ah yeah, the good old golden days of honest piracy.

1 Like

CCP killed it tbh, after juggling 5 ewar drones, having to manage refit poop every 30 seconds & then kill a target before being hot dropped on or neutral reps & juggling the new traffic light safety system (high-sec) my & others willingness to engage in barter with targets has ended.

To signal they don’t want to play? After all, you are caught. You are dead. So, why make it more interesting for the attacker by fighting back? Dump cargo/ lessen kill mail value if you can. Otherwise, just leave. Which of course also saves a potential podding … I presume.

They don’t though. They are in a bubble so their pod is toast and we still (usually) kill the ship so the loss is the same either way lol.

They might not know that. I obviously didn’t.

Meanwhile, they still haven’t fought back and you have sacrificed the opportunity to recover full value of ship (as an actual ship) by going for artificial value of kill mail instead. Not that that might be especially relevant; just an observation.

I’ve been told to eject but not drop my cargo, possibly because I didn’t have any. My response was to target everything in range and open fire. I died almost instantly. Concord was kind of put out I guess.

I love that idea, and here I am with thermodynamics trained high enough for it to take a while. I should have left it at I.
That has its own drawbacks I suppose, but I like the idea of them winning a bucket of slag.

1 Like

They can just repair any damaged modules that drop for free in a citadel.

1 Like

Nobody cares, whether you fight back or not in a hunt, kill mark is kill mark. Nobody remember to make it matter. But the funny thing is what people (at least in lowsec) will honor is, when you are fighting back. If you are combat capable pick the weakest/closest aggressor and try taking it down with you. This works more often than you might think, and at least shares a bit of the fun of PvP.

2 Likes

I was just sarcastic, a small minority of pirates where “honoring ransoms”. I would not even call them pirates.

Long ago…this was a gripe of 0.0. If a cap pilot was just screwed and dying they could pop self destruct and no mail. Legit kind of…while I never liked the system too much but yeah…km’s are one way corps know you are doing stuff in 0.0.

This was changed to this now so it doesn’t work.

Meh…some people get wrapped up in the these too much imo. Like one time a friend and I got a why are we awox’ing butt chewing. We were on a blue km.

Old boy udocked, said hey you 2…shoot me so I can test the tank. Okay…pew pew. Player happy, off he went. And then died to some reds elsewhere before the timer cleared us out of the aggressor list.

I fly a ship that I’m willing to lose. I will not lick my enemies boots so I rather choose my ship to be destroyed and hunt their corpmates or alliance mate if any in highsec and gank them to fix my zkill.

Again, you are making my point. I assume that anyone in a hauler, or a mining ship in transit, might not want to get involved in PvP. Whether they are packing drones or not (quite likely they are.) You don’t care that they did not fight back, but they might. And that they reduced your fun to the shortest possible kill time possible. Hey, you don’t care - I get that - but it just might explain deviant behaviors of those who just “don’t get involved” in pew pew?

If you are in a hauler, you don’t want to get caught, if you did, you did a mistake. :stuck_out_tongue: So give them a gg or gf for catching you. Killing haulers is for loot of cause, not for a fight. You don’t seem to get the PvPers mindset (lowsec bias for me).

1 Like

True that.

I’ve never had a pirate demand my cargo. They always kill me. :frowning:

In the past, I’ve attacked explorers in wormholes and demanded that they jettison their cargo. However, alot of the time they’ll waste my time, only eject a part of their cargo, pretend not to understand English, etc.

Now I just kill everyone.