[SERIOUS] How would you re-design Highsec if you could?

That doesn’t sound like a very interesting game.

If anything had to be changed, I would look for anything that would allow open combat more easily.

For example:

1. Allowing free engagement sooner on the sec status.
  2. Neutral logi/support going criminal after a given amount of time of being suspect.
  3. Allow T1-non faction dreads and small carriers to operate in .5-.6(possibly .7) space at slightly limited capabilities; i.e. no HAWs, no fax, arm faction police and concord with them as well.
  4. Bounties pay out 50% of bounty amount for legit kills. Only using current bounty payouts for ganks.
  5. More of a “tackle” role for a limited amount of time by Concord/Faction Police for capsuleers to kill criminals.
    6a. A watchlist/faster more accurate and expensive locator agent function to strengthen targeted wardecs and dial back on blanket decs.
    6b. Do not require wardecs to be tied to structures because that will just create a hisec “blue dounut.” Think about it.
  6. Allow a few moduals banned in empire space to be used in .5, .6 (maybe .7 space.) Not bombs or serious AOE dps weapons but HICs tackle abilities, warp traps, etc.

Basically anything that will allow a smoother transition on the hi/lowsec line.

Of course some of these would effect lowsec as well. You may pick and choose which you like, like them all or none.

Dislike as this would break the game.

With a heavy dose of natural selection in mind.

…and the less players are left, the higher the subscription fee! Because who wants lots of idiots paying 15 a month when you could charge 150 a month to the top breed of them?

cough cough

Again with this newbies dying is bad stuff…

1 Like

The first question to ask about any redesign is - what are the goals? Why would you redesign High sec?

1. to get a higher conversion of first time people who try the game to long term players?
  2. to get more alpha clones to be omega clones?
  3. to chase people out of high sec to nulsec?
  4. to provide a refuge for bitter vets?
  5. to allow older players to harass new players and chase the weak out of the game?
  6. to make it possible for anyone to flex every month?

Until someone sets a clear set of goals, then no discussion of how to serious redesign highsec. The only thing that will happen is people will shoot down any idea because their goal is different from the idea that was put forth by the other person with a different goal in mind.

If I were CCP I would be thinking about (1) and (2) because that means more income for CCP and more resources to improve the game.

But your goals may differ.

1 Like

1.2 …and extend the tenure of players who stay in highsec.

More highseccers for more time would be great for CCP and EVE since they are more abundant and easier to retain than other players.

Unfortunately the concept still is that players should not stay in high and being in high is “playing it wrong”

1 Like

Actually wrong highsecers are the ones who quit the easiest because they got no ties to the community no in game friends

1 Like

OK i do not give ****** about company and group “play” and “in-game-so-called-friends”. I am blooody sociopat and I like to play alone so what is about my money do ccp want my money or not ???

When you expect to be left alone you won’t get it
So learn to play with others to some extent

I do not want to L2P and what you can do about that ??? Write 1000x times L2P

You are just silly :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just what we need, thread #3,456,789 about how to nerf high sec and change it to suit ones narrow agenda.

Don’t like high sec as it currently exists OP? Fine, don’t stay there.

3 Likes

I know your point. Ya’rr probably thinkin’ I don’t give a crap about those, but that ain’t true. It’s all about the set and setting. Of course you can’t redesign highsec without the proper elemnts that lead to its introduction in the new player’s experience. They’d need to get to know it first and more than anything else they need options to make choices. Choices they currently arr’nt makin’, 'cause the system as it works now ‘s just ■■■■■■ up idiotic and not adapted to a more modern style of thinkin’.

You happy now, ma’am?

Highsec the problem of the entire eve game… Highsec lacks the basic risk reward concept of the rest of the game.

To redo highsec I would simply redo the npc corps aspect.
Alphas and beginners get 90 days within an NPC corp to start before a tax increase on income from missions, mining and reprocessing of goods and services, after 180 days you’ll have to pay dock fees for ships starting out like a light tax but gradually getting more and more harsh As time goes on. Being removed for corp or quitting a corp still has the safety net of the NPC corp and lasts 30 days until taxes increase…
NPC corps can tax up to 80% after a year… This is to end those people who are lifers and complainers about daily activities in the game but don’t actually play the game the way it’s meant to be played.

Wars:
You Dec a corp you pay the fee it will not be changed but however if your ship is killed by the defender or his/hers allies, a portion of the kill mail value will be paid to the people who killed you and only works for the side of defense. Basically it’s an incentive for everyone to enjoy a war. Neutral logi should remain suspect an unable to dock if an agression timer is present.

This game is an MMO it’s not about the single player experience it’s about going meeting people doing things that may get you killed and having fun at the end the day… Carebears in my opinion have lost sight of the original reason they started playing the game in the first place… Complacency is running amok and is burning out the fun. It’s time for change back to the dark tone we all loved.

Not got much of a problem with what you say actually, although the whole “value of a killmail” is a difficult one to implement (KM values vary depending on whether it’s the ingame or zkill value). Maybe a base price would have to be used, or find a way for jita average to be used in some way.

Also, logi (suspect or not) cannot dock with an aggression timer the way the current system works - they get the same weapons timer that the ships they rep get.

Considering that more things and value are being destroyed in high sec, that’s a hilarious argument.

Complacency is running most amok in null sec where people enjoy more safety than in high sec. The claim that we should go back to the darker tones of EVE is also very funny from a war dec alliance that does not do much else than hugging trade hubs and dies to the faintest hints of opposition. Maybe you should start living outside the light first before you expect others to go to the darker side of EVE?

Maybe carebears could play the pvp sandbox game the way it’s meant to be played instead of whining they can’t afk mine

One can afk-mine like never before. The Orca has become the #1 afk-miner. Mining drones will nibble on rocks until those are gone, the huge orehold has plenty of space for hours of afk-mining, and the eHP on it is comparable to that of a freighter. Even CODE. uses Orcas to afk-mine from what I’ve picked up.

It’s almost illegal that’s how simple it is now. Park one in an icebelt and at current prices will you make 100m ISKs per day, enough to support two accounts.