[SERIOUS] How would you re-design Highsec if you could?

I would make sure …
… that every single new player gets shot at.

Once, at least.

2 Likes

Rookie fight club, prizes sponsored by insert name here.

I’ve seen it done before, was quite entertaining as a spectator.

1 Like

So rookies show up to fight each other and I get to kill them while they fight amongst themselves… I want in…

Yes, those are acceptable ways to mitigate risk in the game, whereas whining on the forums for changes to the mechanics is considered pathetic and contemptible.

I hope this helps you understand.

No, not really. All I hear is whining by incompetent PVPers. There is nothing else to understand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You seem rather disgruntled about people who outplay you at this game. Shrug.

1 Like

Nah, not really. Just amused by how much certain people (note that I do not mention specific people, but people in general) need clutches to enjoy themselves. :slight_smile: Besides, I only have been outplayed once by gankers and never since. My behavior ingame makes those gankers go nuts and makes them very (virtual, I guess?) angry, which only gives me more amusement. :smile:

1 Like

Curious then why a layed back cool-operator like yourself would harbor so much inner butthurt.

2 Likes

Because stirring rage and frustration among defenseless, weak and easily offended people is amusing. Why else would I do this? Other people’s discomfort is delicious. I mean, just look at Dom, Sol or Quake, or Nevyn and Remiel. :slight_smile:

So by your estimation it is the gankers on these forums who are easily offended?

1 Like

No,. people in general. I don’t pick sides when I want to enjoy myself. :slight_smile:

Well that’s just damn peculiar.

Well, we all have fun in EVE, which is made for peculiar people, peculiar behaviors and peculiar preferences… :smile:

make it dynamic. Faction warfare and nearby systems should switch security depending on control, seemingly lawless places like sivala should go 0.4 until ‘the empires’ can get it under control.

piracy and ‘psychotic’ behaviour shouldnt go unnoticed by the main empires and there should be dynamics within eve that turn it all into on big ball of content for the players.

Dudes, there’s so much unwillingness to use in-game available tools in here that it hurts my eyes.
Bad thing is that CCP, in their (legitimate) quest for rl iskies will lend an ear to these people if they’re enough.

Just out of curiosity, has any one of you at least tried to talk it over with wardeccers?
Or, try to sell your stuff not in jita?
Or try to make it on your own in a hisec pocket?
Or, try to settle in a c1?

I mean it’s not that much tbh - the only thing that comes to mind is that most of the butthurts here have some weird goal in mind, like plexing their account or smth, and living in hisec (with all attached danger, which is tbh pretty low) does not provide that for them.

I have run a hisec mining corp with a buddy or two, settled 10j from jita, mined for half a year without any pirate even entering the system. Befriended some of the local lads, got some orca boosts going, hauled to jita in an OOC or contract hauler or plain set up sell orders 2-3 jumps away, just in case.

Was wardecced once and it stopped at the end of the week. We didn’t change our schedule and I think we lost a barge that flew into lowsec.

Add Ship Scanners Everywhere Other Than Stargates. At Least You Won’t Get Blown Up Instantly By A Tryhard.

Make systems 1-0.9(0.8) no gun active and clear all players structures . This will create a safe zone for new players and players who are comfortable with low ISK earnings. Disable the activation of abyss beacons on these systems.

1 Like

A tricky one, since there’s a lot to take into consideration.

The constellation Sanctum would be the only 1.0 system where CONCORD has an immediate response time to capsuleer aggression towards another or structures in space. No ifs, ands, or buts - if you try to lock onto another capsuleer CONCORD is coming to knock you down.

Outside of that much would probably remain the same - CONCORD responds to threats in other systems with a reasonable response time in high security systems rated 1.0 to 0.6, however they would have more patrols to allow for responding to multiple threats at once. We’d also be seeing them patrolling through systems. Each empire’s respective army will be providing support on the gates of their respective systems. Capital and supercapital ships would not be allowed.

0.5 rated systems have a decreased CONCORD presence and are not patrolled anywhere near as often. The empires have an increased presence with their armies due to the lower CONCORD presence, however as to not strain or spend unnecessary resources it isn’t as though they’ll always be “present and in force” in any particular system. Capital and supercapital shipls would not be allowed.

0.4 to 0.1 rated systems rarely have CONCORD presence and a decreased presence of the empires’ armies. You’re more likely to find capsuleers enforcing certain things. Capital and supercapital ships could be manufactured and transported, however if caught by an empires’ army they would be engaging the ship and capsuleers in question.

0.0 and lower for null security systems are left as they are.

“Ownership” of ship wrecks would still remain as a function, this would not extend to moon ore belts as they would follow the same rules as other asteroids. The presence of Sansha/True Power implants in a capsuleer would also merit them to be suspect if passing through Sanctum or if caught by Customs.

Granted this would also mean changing how Customs operates - they would namely operate along regional borders, but would be only a limited number of ships that exist in space.

Mining permits for CODE-regions of high security space would need to be purchased from a CODE permit distributor in their keepstar or licensed permit distributors.

Remove asteroid belts from all 0.5 to 1.0 systems

Introduce a random warp malfunction so that ships in 0.1 to 0.4 space will have a rate of failure in the warp to 0km to star gate

collect carebear tears

I dont think any of that really can be taken seriously tbh