Serious Question: Is Betrayal TOO Powerful?

I am not butt hurt, some of the people I know well were and they are keen PvP’rs, in fact it really annoyed people interested in fleet combat and major fights.

Then you are where I am.

Yes, you see CO2 would have continued fighting at that point and content would still have been there.

Absolutely but CO2 would not have caved in due to that.

What you do not want is something so utterly catastrophic that it destroys the real content in this game and this did.

1 Like

Basically this. Theft and espionage need to be strong. They’re basically “superweapons” by any conventional metric. And that’s fine. Just make sure that it still leads to fighting, even if the outcome is predetermined due to said superweapon.

Sorry but I disagree, you’d be very pissed off if you owned a Citadel which you bought for your corp, but then found out that the members could stop you doing anything with it, up to and including selling it.

If it was limited to director role that needed to give permission, I’d simply have no directors.

3 Likes

Nope because you define it per citadel like you define access and who can use the weapons, easy stuff really.

In this case it is too strong, because clones bays and docking and tethering of the location of all the assets, it killed content stone dead.

1 Like

Nerfing things done by only one person at a time, every once in a few years?

No reason to. It’s still content that all the people lost their stuff and now have to look for a new home. You play in a virtual world where the freedom allows this to happen. No reason to restrict the freedom of the sandbox, just because someone chose to give someone else access to everything, without knowing him personally. this shouldn’t have happened in the first place. changing the game for someone’s bad decisions is silly.

You can’t just cherrypick and decide what is, and isn’t content. Everything is content.

5 Likes

Any student of history knows that real world empires have been betrayed in the past (see Wu Sangui ). So:

1. Trust no one.
  2. Never have all your eggs in one basket.
  3. Never fly a ship you cannot afford to have two of in different places.
  4. In Eve: “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.”
2 Likes

The disbandment of CO2 takes out thousands of players in sovereignty conflicts having no ingame content. Also, it will mean further dropping of subscribers.

1 Like

All happenings are content. Your “quitting”-argument is none. anyone quitting, instead of seeking a new home and sticking with his friends, has only himself to blame and probably is no loss anyway. quantity < quality.

Holding CCP hostage with “change this coz ppl quit” is nothing but a dick move, done by selfish people.

your argument is invalid.

2 Likes

On the face of it your argument is a good one, however people play this game in nullsec to have fun major fleet fights with a wow factor and win or lose they can say, I was there, one player took that away from thousands. Not to say that they cannot pick themselves up and do it again, but it would have been more fun and interesting if we had a major war instead of such a wimpish ending which is not in the spirit of CO2

As a friend of mine said who was in Project Mayhem who fought against CO2 for moons in lowsec when they were in the CFC, he said their passing like this is a major loss for content because they brought fun major fleet fights. You don’t get that but he did, neither do the people who liked your comments.

I get it and I know the difference between fun content for many and crap content for one… even if your comments appear on the face of it as being correct.

10th October 2017 Shadow of War hits my computer, won’t see me around much…

1 Like

Your argument uses the player’s desire to play arcade games, in a game that’s not at all an arcade game, as a base. It’s built around the idea, that people should only have fun, without the possible downsides the game offers naturally.

People who are smart will find another alliance. People who have friends will stick around their friends. People who selfishly only care about their fun, and not about how their demand for less freedom affects everyone, are no loss for a healthy community. Making it look like the majority, or all of them, will leave the game is deceiving. (Deceptive?)

When this game offers neither fun, nor the more important satisfaction, then you - like everyone else - are entitled to leave.

Your argument is invalid.

You used my own argument in another thread against me, nicely trolled, however it is not the same. Did I say that they would leave the game? I just said that they missed out on fun content and pointed out what CO2 were, they went for it and will be missed by people who do PvP. You are being a dishonest poster like so many, putting words in my mouth, badly played indeed.

My comment in regards to 10th October were in relation to my posting here as you asked about me in that septic CODE thread. At the moment I am getting a lot of practice in on Shadow of Mordor, can’t wait for the 10th and have ordered a very expensive graphics card for it, :slight_smile:

If people that suffer a blow like this cannot have the balls to rise up and FIGHT for what they want back then it is obvious they will not have fun, because most people claim that fun is coming up with wars and battles and whatever, fun is sitting on a station with 10 ships and a big fat wallet, what about the more humble times when you had to work your way up? They have been granted a chance to fight back for what they want and given content, because now they actually have to work for their things, and that is the fun, to rebuild stuff.

If you come to EvE saying this is not fun, you came to the wrong game, fun can be cooked up and planned in a matter of minutes, what CO2 needed to do was stick together and rebuild what they lost, now that would be a story to respect, an Alliance that fell to dust, but reborn as an angry angry phoenix, incinerating and taking back what they once lost. Just imagine the pride CO2 would have had if they managed to pull it off, that pure feeling of success after a hard struggle. But it won’t happen because of predictable people that will split up and blame the game that its not fun and sob on a tiny corner or join other corps/alliances, but I do wish that I am wrong and I do wish to see something like this happen, an alliance to rise strong between titans and respected for their feats with the means it took to get back up.

I loved that game! Played it again the moment they announced the Nemesis Forge to get my follower and Nemesis ready, but I am not going to practise, gonna let my skills dull and have fun watching as the odds are against me!

Read what I said about CO2 then think again, I am talking about what a friend who fought against them for moons in the north said about them and what they brought to the game.

Just getting in the mood, and getting my combinations sorted out… and I am just doing the Bright Lord DLC in Shadow of Mordor again, lovely stuff…

1 Like

I have no idea what post you are refering to. If you could stop seeing everyone, or at least me, as someone as deceptive as yourself, then that’d be appreciated.

Your post points out important things.

• you only care about short lasting fun, not long lasting satisfaction.
  • you’re willing to spend alotofmoney for a gfx card, simply for shallow visual aspects that lack any meaning whatsoever. Again, “fun”.
  • you call people trolls, missing that you project that, of which you are unaware in yourself, into them.

Fun. Fun. Fun. Me. Me. Me. Mine. Mine. Mine. Want. Want. Want.

Nope. Those who leave, because they can’t accept the jungle, are no loss.

Enjoy the game.
It won’t last.
It won’t be worth it in the long run.

You will be back. :slight_smile:

PS: how you can actually enjoy such primitive games for longer than a day is beyond me. I’ve played Assassins Creed Syndicate on the PS4 at a friend’s. It’s also open world, run around, kill people, do ■■■■ kind of game. It’s fun for a bit, because it has nice mechanics for antagonists as well, but like all these other games it’s horribly insulting to intelligent players. I’ve continuously seeked “missions” for “higher level players with better gear” and i just kept winning, while my friend went through sweat and anger watching me teaching him how to play games properly. If easy games, that trick you with visuals and escapism, are what you’re looking for, then have fun, i guess.

2 Likes

Look, it’s not that hard to be a line member of a nul corp and not risk much.

Start by having one fallback stash in hi sec. This is a misdion, mining, or indy base you can always return to. So if you take a month break and get kicked, you have a home.

Next don’t keep a lot of assets. Keep your isk liquid. By this I mean a few doctrine fits. A nul ratting ship or two and A few small toys you like. These are ships that would normally die in a fire anyways. Grow this collection slowly and still keep a lot of isk in liquid form. This way if you do lose your home, you don’t lose much.

Lastly, scale your growth with your income. No selling it all to become a citadel manufacturer in nul. If you lose your home, you lose too much. Instead grow slowly and seek corp help. Someone probably has who I and can sell or give you a copy.

If you are cautious, you can survive a collapse like CO2 and be fine as a normal line member.

And as you grow in skill and responsibility in a corp you can work your way up to a carrier or jump freighter that you can use yo get stuff out.

And given how often C02 had to move recently and the war they were going into, anyone keeping a lot of static assets in one spot isn’t being smart out in nul.

3 Likes

Yes, betrayal is too powerful. Way too powerful.
The reason we even have this discussion is that, for years, CCP refuses to implement any security features that would make these kinds of betrayals more difficult: Granular access levels, two-man rule, mandatory votes before high value assets are transferred, trade & market holds, … We have none of them. Probably because the betrayals generate big headlines and thus free advertising for CCP.

2 Likes

You love to get into personal attacks don’t you, the post was in the CODE thread in CAOD and you even expressed upset at Ralph leaving.

So a game that is designed to be long and have a pretty decent AI with impacts from what you do in game is hardly something that is a short fix. As for the GFX card as I am fairly well set up for money, so I can spend what I want.

So from me posting about an ex Project Mayhem player who respected CO2 for the fun fights they brought and he was annoyed because he lost some great content you projected all that on me, fun fun fun!!!

blabla…

Have fun fantasizing about being an important, righteous hero who saves the world, protects the victims, and kills the evil, so you can forget who you really are. If you need that, then have fun, i guess. No insult. Stating the obvious. I’ll just leave the rest, because it’s not really worth the time anyway.

And good luck with that approach towards life. :slight_smile:

Pah! is all I can say…