Server reset

So then this could be on the cards lol

LOLā€¦good oneā€¦

1 Like

Realistically, this would result in a massive number of lawsuits (or a class action) from people who have PLEXed their way to stardom, so it is not going to happen.

3 Likes

There is no Skill Point deficit and Iā€™m really tired of hearing that crap. Damn cheap-ass players, go buy some Skill Injectors if you think itā€™s a problem and quickly skill up your character.

Back when I started playing there already was a lot of high SP characters in the game, never was a problem back then and it surely canā€™t be a problem now. Hell, new players start this game with a lot more SPā€™s and assets than when I first started.

Heh, Iā€™ll bet you wouldnā€™t support the change if you had 100 mill skill points trained, 1 bill ISK in wallet and a bunch of ships, modules, etc sitting in assets.

Hell, Iā€™ll bet you wouldnā€™t want that change even at half of the numbers I just listed.

4 Likes

Such a place could be accessed in tq by pod only gate with sp limit or maybe no sp limit at all tbh.

On the other side a blank canvass with a region small enough to have game rules enforced.

I donā€™t support that ā€œchangeā€ even with 10th of the numbers You listedā€¦

2 Likes

You should post this on Reddit if you want a dev to reply.

Oh my god. To witness DeMichael Crimson lose countenance was well worth the hassle of logging in for the first time in years ;).

Problem with new players is, they have no idea how much fun a new character can bring in PvP. New chars are perfect for baiting. Just donā€™t fly alone, join a group of experienced players and have fun.

There is no such thing as a skillpoint deficit. There are enough vets around to make up for that.

o7 DMC

2 Likes

Hi, long time no see.

Yeah, unfortunately long time dealing with these forums changes a person, even a highly passive person will quickly burn with hellfire rage.

Anyway, welcome back. Hope you stay and play again.

o7 Mara

2 Likes

Iā€™ve farmed probably around 18bil isk in the last few weeks and had to put it all into injectors because thereā€™s pretty much nothing I can do with isk without the spā€¦ I have far more than 1bil in wallet, can now fly battleships with t2 guns and any sub-cap bar T3Cā€™s (Getting them tomorrow). I still would rather a reset.

Apples and oranges. You donā€™t get players grinding to max level in the first week in EVE.

2 Likes

No, they grind it in seconds with skill injectors so your point is mute.

Well in more detail unlike most mmoā€™s your level is not nearly so important.

Many if not most mmoā€™s have almost all content geared towards your level. You are level 10? Forget even trying to engage that level 20 creature. Dont even try to pvp with that level 40.

That just doesnā€™t exist in eve in the same way.

Oh and there really wouldnā€™t be much in the way of skill injectors if the server was reset. You do realize they dont create sp out of thin air right?

2 Likes

The only reason for a reset that Iā€™d support would be if there were huge fundamental changes that could not be just brought in normally over time. Core mechanics type stuffā€¦

But even then, the question would be the same: Iā€™ve paid real money over the years and to reset everything means that all my money/time is now worthless. That doesnā€™t feel right IMO. Heck I donā€™t even know if itā€™s legal.

So noā€¦

1 Like

Well, gratz but youā€™re not a newb player. Youā€™re an alt character of an experienced knowledgeable Null Sec player, was created on 2017/06/30 23:14 Eve Time and within 2 days after being created, joined a player corp and since then have jumped around to various different corps. Your ISK bank is probably from fleeting with Main character & friends running Null Sec content.

So you say you have over 1 bill in wallet, and have invested a lot of ISK / PLEX into skill Injectors to train up into Battleship / T2 mods and you expect us all to believe you would welcome having all of that invested time and effort be flushed down the toilet ?

Yeah but noā€¦

Were it up to meā„¢ :
I would open up a new kind of space whereby fluid routers lose contact. So if you die in there, youā€™re gone forever. It would be a strange kind of space too, where capsules are not immune to electromagnetic surges or pulses from ship destruction so just losing a ship would be the end of implants but also the loss of SP like with a T3. Every time.
Communications with this space would also be cut off, meaning anybody going in would be cut off from their wallets, and hence there would be no ISK. Some other means of trade would have to be found.

Nobody would want to go into this space with their Crystal Set clone. Nobody would want to go into this space with a high SP character if they could lose it. Whatever condition this market in that space would be in, is certainly going to be limited.

And nobody would want to die there.

I would make the rewards for being there real high. Extreme risk, extreme reward.

Thatā€™s what I would do. But that would never be done. So weā€™ll be stuck with threads like this . Business as usual. Enjoy the browser game.

3 Likes

CCP needs people like you because THIS is the type of thinking needed to keep EVE alive. Not saying that anyone of your ideas is good/bad, just that ā€œnewā€ needs to mean more than a new NPC to fight this month.

1 Like

The krabs and botters won the war.

May I suggest that you start a thread in the ā€œideasā€ section and spitball this moreā€¦itā€™s intriguing and Iā€™d like to add to itā€¦

1 Like

lol, cool idea. Make it Jove space and have those system effects come from their jump gates that went down.

1 Like