Shareable Bookmarks: Alliance Bookmarks and More!

“When right-clicking in space, Saved locations will now all be organized under a “Locations” entry, rather than in the first menu. This change has been done for consistency with the other menu options (Stargates, Stations etc), and to keep the menu clean and clear. This is indeed a significant change to the flow of this menu if you use it regularly for bookmarks, and may take some adjustment, but the hope is that it should be easier to navigate in the long-term.”

This sucks.

11 Likes

I like the change … not sure if i missed the release date it in the devblog or this post, but when shall this be set live ?

If you check your external email, you may find a promotional mail from CCP announcing the feature with “Invasion Chapter 2” on Nov 26.

I have to fix it now … tried on test server, can’t create any new folders while over the limit. My idea of ‘organization’ changed over time. I can delete some folders because they were created for a specific operation, years ago. (You can open a folder into its own window, for easy BM selection.)

“Emergent gameplay.” Some players discovered this was helpful long ago, new players may hear it from them, or figure it out on their own. It is also a selling point for player-owned structures and their tethering feature. While your idea would be very helpful, Game Designers like to leave some room for player knowledge and skill.

1 Like

Do links have an expiration timer? Are they securely generated every time you create them? Is there a way to disable access to certain players/groups even if they have links other than having to rename/delete the folder every time you share it?

Does this mean I can now simply drag a link to chat?

or is that sill OP for some esoteric reason?

1 Like

Maybe having 30000 bookmarks isn’t the issue. Maybe you should look at the reasons WHY someone would have 30000 bookmarks and think of some ways for that many to no long be necessary?

Like one person said… if everyone has insta docks and undocks… Maybe that isn’t a BM issue. Maybe that is a gameplay issue. If everyone has 15 books marks around each gate/station at varying distances in their home systems… maybe that isn’t a BM issue… maybe that is a gameplay issue.

2 Likes

I want to know this too. From this portion of the blog, “All location vouchers are being converted into regular bookmarks - except for those currently in a contract.” Are the bm’s simply access links? How would you automatically generate access to this bm via a contract? And what if you purchase it with an alt?

From what I understand, a bm can still exist outside of the BM access list because of this wording here: “Approximately 7.5 million location vouchers still waiting to feel the warmth of a location folder.”

Are they linkable and do they become an object when dragged from the folders?

1 Like

No, no, I think so as they use acls like structures do,

Explained in the dev blog: yes.

Are they securely generated every time you create them?

You choose to move locations into a shared folder, and set the scope of access:

Is there a way to disable access to certain players/groups

Shared folder permissions governed by Access Lists, just like docking rights for player stations.

Nope, no more objects. We will need to create a folder and share it, setting permissions for who can see it, via an Access List. Then the other player will simply see it, with their other saved locations in a shared folder.

Bookmarks in contracts at the time of the switch get converted to some other useless object. Bookmarks you have in a container or in a station item hanger, will be imported to a folder called “Imported Vouchers”.

1 Like

PLEASE CCP…give us the Option in the Sensor Overlay or in the Options Menu…“DISABLE ALL DOTS”

There is no option to see your bookmarks in Space and have all the BLUE Dots around your Capacitor disabled completely seperately.

Either No Bookmarks in SPace and no Blue Dots or BLUE DOTS everywhere…
I wake up totally wet from my nightmare, screaming…BLUE DOTS BLUE DOTS NOOOOOO HELLP…

Just a simple Checkmark somewhere Disable Hud Markers something…please…jesus christ, all those dots…no please nooo…

2 Likes

Take your pills :heart:

There is allready an option in overlay to disable the bookmarks. If you keep your mouse on top of your shield you can click on personanl and other corp.

1. Putting escalations on sale and expecting them to be bought while you’re offline, which was basically my #1 use case for bookmarks - pretty much rekt. Thank you very f-ing much, Team F***-O.
  2. Originally advertised feature to put bookmarks on sale in space is dropped it seems. Well, was not excited about that one anyway, good riddance.
  3. The new system is a lot more pain to manage. One would expect at least corp bookmarks to be left as is, as those were working as intended, but no, now you need to manage them manually after every corp join/leave?
  4. Was it too effing hard to give fleet ONE more feature to select a bookmark folder which is automatically shared on join and automatically unshared on leave, coming from fleet boss?

Before we were sharing “alliance bookmark packs” with every corp, which can be done once and you’re good, now it’s a constant pain in the ass for everyone involved. Sounds like transition from subversion to git for the sake of transition rather than any benefit.

If theres’ a vote to keep the old system vs this, I vote for the old one, until this one at least covers THE #1 use case, because if it doesn’t, it’s literally useless.

3 Likes

i want the Bookmarks to be still visible in Space, and only want to disable all the blue and other dots around my HUD, without disabling the Bookmarks in Space…there is no option for that my friend.

1 Like

Indeed, agree with you.

What I wanted was some kind of bookmarks bar.

Somewhat like agency bookmarks where you can put 6 of them under the window, and always have them within one click, so that when you need THAT F-ING BOOKMARK you won’t need to spin in space like crazy trying to locate it around in the clutter, or scroll through hundreds of BMs in P&P window, but just click it on the bar and be off towards it.

ED: autofilling it with 6 nearest bookmarks when there’s no pinned bookmarks would be even more awesome.

1 Like

Read teh blog and through here, when is this suppose to launch? I apologize if it is mentioned i did not see a date.

TYIA

1 Like

Another thing that I just realized: I usually create bookmarks into my main personal folder and sort them then into their respective folders. This is to avoid bookmarks from landing in folders where they do not belong and to avoid having to sift though hundreds of bookmarks to delete them again or move them. So, now in the new system I can only push them into subfolders. That means I have to have a specific folder just for that and then move them around from there via expanding and collapsing other folders or subfolders. This is going to be such a blast.

And speaking of performance: The performance of the P&P menu has been abysmal for the last few weeks. Opening the menu takes a measurable amount of time, it constantly reloads laboriously when you add or move or even click on something. Is this CCP’s idea of “taking performance into account”?

1 Like

dammit… 3 of the 102 are my pvp mains.

I’ve a lot of isk+assets but what’s priceless are the BM’s - to know wherever I go I’ve pings off all the gates…

RIP

2 Likes