Shareable Bookmarks: Alliance Bookmarks and More!

Click the Jumps Column Header and your bookmarks are sorted with closest at the top.

Closest as in ā€œclosest to my position within the current systemā€, not by number of jumps.

ED: maybe I donā€™t know ā– ā– ā– ā–  and thereā€™s a way to add bookmarks to overview? That would do it.

Going to ask a dumb questionā€¦

ā€¦why not bring back the old system that allowed to the drag bookmarks into EVEMail and chat sessions.

We used to have EVEMails that were complete runs from Amarr out to the Edge (over 60 jumps, each bookmarked in order to allow cargo runners to land on top of gates, and known bad spots had two or more optional insystem turn puts to help avoid minefields and the such), is it possible to add this back into EVE?

2 Likes

I suppose a gentle soul could use up one of their shared folders to create and grant access to such bookmarks like that after the winter patch, and only have to share a single link in the Eve mail.

Guess I wonā€™t sell escalations any more. It got on my nerves every time anyway.

1 Like

What about making bookmarks purchasable. I can set a one player or multi player fee for access to the BM.

Not very happy with this change.

The vast majority of time Iā€™m not looking for something organized by type of bookmark within the thousands of bookmarksā€”but only those in the system Iā€™m in at the time. Those BMs are already organized by naming conventions which is a lot easier than separate folders.

I do like the expiration.

Itā€™s unclear whether those shared folders work when someoneā€™s offline. Either way trading escalations, which was one of the more common means for lower skilled players who couldnā€™t run the high tier to make isk just got a lot more complicatedā€“and to make it worst the trading players wonā€™t be able to span timezones. Argg.

It really doesnā€™t seem like CCP talked to itā€™s players this time around.

You mean like the thread they posted asking for feedback?

2 Likes

Saved locations will now all be organized under a ā€œLocationsā€ entry, rather than in the first menu.

Are you fā€™n kidding me? How is this an ā€œaccessible UIā€, when you have to wave all around your screen just to warp to the spot?
Bookmarks were placed at the top menu level exactly because they are created by people to be used, used frequently, often under high level of stress.
Hiding them under levels of sub-menus I can only regard as extreme disservice to the people.

3 Likes

redacted

1 Like

You know corporations can award medals to their members, right? And those medals can be set public, if the person so desires?

Sure, itā€™s not alliance, but itā€™s something. (alliances arenā€™t a first class citizen in Eve. Theyā€™re a somewhat nasty hack)

Honestly didnā€™t see it. And given the low amount of feedback, much of which with similar comments to my concerns or just out right dismissals by ccp in that thread, it seems it didnā€™t get a lot of due consideration for the little feedback it did get.

Added non-intuitive new features with added complexity that hurt newer and causal players that will have trouble selling escalations and deeper folders for essential bookmarks donā€™t take the game in the right direction.

2 Likes

That whole thread was a bunch of people pointing out that the new bookmark system would break the mechanism for selling escalations. CCP shrugged.

redacted

1 Like

When right-clicking in space, Saved locations will now all be organized under a ā€œLocationsā€ entry, rather than in the first menu.

Could you please not? Pretty please?

4 Likes

Iā€™ve desperately wanted a change to the BM system for over 10 years now, but I get the feeling Iā€™ll be horribly disappointed, and long for the old system. Again. But I only wanted an easier way to copy and share BMs.

Those of you that wanted Alliance BMs, is this what you wanted? An overly complicated system with a dozen conditions and restrictions, not to mention lots of micromanagement for directors. Really? I imagined you just wanted the ā€œCorporationā€ system but for the Allianceā€¦

Today I have a ā€œQuick Accessā€ BM folder open on my screen, where I keep the most important BMs (copies), where I usually live and often roam. I get the feeling that I will have to expand that now, so donā€™t you dare remove that feature in this ā€œupdateā€ā€¦

1 Like

Seriously?
You mean CCP has completely changed and wonā€™t release this anyway without first addressing player concerns.

Or, more likely it will go like;
Here it is as it is, weā€™ll make adjustments - sometime over the next decade.

There really is nothing like development teams who ā€œlistenā€ to players - then go and do something ā€œnot quite what players asked forā€ but near enough to say, see we listen to you - We just think our way is better.

So many times we have seen this and just as many times Devs have been wrong - Yet they continue on regardless.

1 Like

How to pvp with THAT bookmark change?

1 Like

Donā€™t like the extra mouse movents i need to make in order to warp to any bookmark, i feel that alteast the personal ones should just be instantly accesable when right clicking in space. that is the main reason i even have personal ones as the corp ones will most of the time be collapsed anyways.

The added hassle of dealing with accesslists and in term the bigger hassle of escalation selling, as you now only have 2 spare shared folders besides the corp folder, and not being able to sell an acceslist acces over contract is sure to drive up deadspace modules and displeasure of buyers and runners of ded sites.
i fear that this move has kicked the fans of running ded sites in the privates.
Overall i would say go back to the old system and just add options for an alliance folder and a public folder, that would keep the good stuff from the old system while still making the bookmarks more shareable.

7 Likes

Same sh** like 10 Years agoā€¦ people told You that BM 's in pulldownmenues suck then and it still does.
Why bringing that sh** again ?? Iā€™m not a Programmer who loves to klick thru 56 menues to get what I needā€¦ Iā€™m a Gamer
That stupid extra folder for personal BM is just pure Trash
again thx fo nothin
:poop:

5 Likes