Shareable Bookmarks: Alliance Bookmarks and More!

“When right-clicking in space, Saved locations will now all be organized under a “Locations” entry, rather than in the first menu. This change has been done for consistency with the other menu options (Stargates, Stations etc), and to keep the menu clean and clear. This is indeed a significant change to the flow of this menu if you use it regularly for bookmarks, and may take some adjustment, but the hope is that it should be easier to navigate in the long-term.”

Whoever come up with that should be fired immediately.

4 Likes

so how are we supposted to sell escaltions now?

2 Likes

When right-clicking in space, Saved locations will now all be organized under a “Locations” entry, rather than in the first menu. This change has been done for consistency with the other menu options (Stargates, Stations etc), and to keep the menu clean and clear.

This is horrible.
Remember last time you thought sub-menus was a good idea?
Remember that time you wanted to make the UI more customizable?
Wormholes are like gates for some of your players. Imagine a Dev suggesting hiding the stargates behind 2 menues instead of having them on the Overview?

Please reconsider giving us the option of opting out of poor UI design. Thanks.

With this new change, if you’re not looking at reverting. Can you please consider making “People & Places” more customizable so I can choose what BMs to have where in the window. Preferably an option to only show locations in system. I suspect P&P will need a permanent spot in my UI from now on so I don’t need the right click menu. /shrug

2 Likes

Why did you make such a small limit of personal bookmarks. I have over 3,500 bookmarks and I need them all. Limit 10,000 bookmarks

1 Like

I need some understanding of what the access rights do. Where are the instructions for Access Lists creation and how the bookmarks are supposed to work now.

You can’t release content without some sort of instructions…

If I have missed the instructions then I apologize…please link them to me.

YES we CAN! :stuck_out_tongue:
Where is info about Invasion 2.0? nowhere…

What will come, what will happen? Only silence.
How can you plan something without knowing what is coming?

“OMG there is a Sabre on D-Scan! Oh no it’s landing on grid, hurry let’s warp to my safe bookmark! Wait, right-clic, clic on location, aaaah I can’t find it and the bubble is up! Damn CCP!”

Well using bookmarks for basic space navigation is going to become a massive pain, but hey the silver lining is more errors and more unconsensual PVP opportunities! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

hey CCP,…

“Added a new shortcut to allow you to open the Saved Locations context menu directly in space.”

ORLY? WHERE IS IT? nothing new in any of the shortcut menus… (maybe consider adding it to the Navigation tab,… you know… where the shortcut for “save location” already is)

wait no, scratch that… remove this garbage behaviour… Personal locations should be in the root menu… make a special shortcut for shared locations if you must…

2 Likes

The transition wasn’t difficult, but the context-menu for space is NOT OKAY.

Change it back. Don’t auto-expand things that I put in subfolders, and put my top-level folders on the top level of the context menu. I have to be able to access and activate BMs [QUICKLY] and the new context-menu layout is the opposite of that.

1 Like

What me bothers The most is how i sell my 10/10 now…

Before it was easy…After a ratting session bookmark all 10/10 and create the contracts.

Now with the new System i have to create a new Access list for every sold bookmark with the guy that bought it…and stay online untill someone responds and buys it.

1 Like

Changes, that have been already done or will be in the future are contrary to common sense. I don’t mind If CCP want to make a new EVE, but please don’t break the old EVE. And by the way. New bookmarks is suck.

Changes Bookmarkme just garbage , would leave the ability to drag and drop into the warehouse

3 Likes

don’t forget you need to make that window large enough as the first two entries are unnecessary folders, or three, depending whether you ever imported bookmarks

Looged in after the patch. Finding bookmarks nested in folder in subfolder in sub-subfolder … uff.

It escapes me why I need a sub-subfolder with my character name in the subfolder of my personal locations when the one and only subfolder possible is that of my character name. Why, simply why?

@all: Has somebody figured out already how to share a bookmark with the other character of my own account? Sorry, I’m way to stupid to figure it out in 20 minutes and gave up. Any help welcome. Thanks.

3 Likes

Create a Access list with your alts as admis.

Create a Shared bookmarks Folder and put that list with your alts at all positions.

Now log in your alts and connect to The folder in people and places. Shoud show up because The alts are admin.
Did mine already and that part is really good.

Did some subfolders with save Spots, gate pings and mining pings. Now if one Char does a bookmark all have The same instandly

1 Like

I fully agree…
it is said “possible to share with friends” but it is not true, except they are all part of the same corp… (but if you are in the Caldari provision…?)
terrible update!!
:frowning:

2 Likes

You can add your friends to a Access list and send The Folder per Mail so they can connect.

But if you have to sell the expedition, a hemorrhoid occurs

2 Likes

Rinse and repeat.

This was a really horrible change to make.

Why can I only have 3k of BMs in my personal folder?
How should I be able to sell BMs if I cant copy them?
Why do I have to fiddle around menus to be able to save and access my BMs?
Why so few shared folders?
Why did you brake a good system instead of improving it?

3 Likes

Yea was my thought too…big Problem selling bms

And blue alts hunting for neuts will be easy as hell too…no one knows who is in someones person private bookmark list.
Cloaky alt bookmarking rorquals and ratters and neut has exat bookmarks in 3 minutes.

1 Like