Ship/Cargo-Scan results also piped to scanned player

This Right here- I have multiple toons and accounts, I do the NPEs and run around like a dumbass with my noob chars and nothing ever happens. But when I’m on my main(s) … well good to know I’m not the only one who has fallen asleep and woke up in station. tl;dr it’s my fault pretty much always when my ship goes boom, I can accept that.

And you ignore the fact that when traveling you are on a gate for mere moments (if lucky) and you have no way of knowing 1) if you were even the target among multiple possibilities, 2) if the attempt was successful, and 3) who it was for sure as by then you are already through the gate already looking for the next scanner. All you know when it’s said and done is nothing.

The ‘free-intel’ angle did not occur to me, but if scan-botters dock because of it, then while it’s not as decent as getting rid of them entirely, then it is still a good start. As for being a troll; I did know before I began the post that for every one decent exchange, there would be 10-20 crap ones. So a dedicated campaign to decide I’m a troll could have some basis, even though a totally collateral one and far from the intention.

With respect to the loot-bot link you patched in; that was actually what finally pushed me over the edge when I came across it a little while back. I had not even known of the loot-bots until a week or two ago, but yeah, it was the ‘straw’. I did send a reply in-game either last night or this morning, don’t recall, to your forum toon’s mailbox, not feeling some of it was appropriate in forum.

If you really believe I am a botter, then report me – not hiding in a city amidst hundreds if quad-4 addresses, but out in the boonies in Alaska. doubt there’s anyone within a mile of me in this game, so should take CCP but mere moments to audit connections from the area and give you your answer.

Nobody trusts anybody in Eve, and they shouldn’t – nearly the first thing I learned. If you are happy paying a subscription to be bought and sold, there’s nothing for it. If you aren’t, then you should be looking for new CCP sponsored tools to aid you in your own game, and this section of the forum is one of the few venues.

Good luck.

1 Like

Oh my god this hurts my eyes. I told you several times that cargo scanning is visible and you refuse to learn it ingame and claiming complete bullcrap about how it is not possible. Learn EVE please before you start suggesting anything. Or at the very least learn the mechanics/aspect of the game you are suggesting against/for.

So again.

CARGO SCANNING IS EASILY VISIBLE.

IT IS ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL AND IT SHOWS ALL ITEMS IN ALL CARGOHOLDS. (or nothing if the ship is immune to scanning)

WHO IS SCANNING IS VISIBLE AS WELL.

Get fking better.

2 Likes

No, now I think you are a troll or worse – didn’t before.

You keep running with specific narratives which I’ve already said are not the point. Without a dedicated window with time, name and location to copy/paste from, there is no way to gather enough intel quickly enough while traveling, to accuse a player/corp of botting. Yes ship/cargo scanning is visible, don’t recall anybody saying it wasn’t. Lets say you even catch the soft ding of a scan – which one was it? Not interested in ship scans after all. …Or maybe it was both? Still no way to tell. You show too much interest and somebody shuts their bots up, so it all has to be amassed on the fly.

As for scanning always being as easily visible as the scanner; that used to be nearly always the case. But with these cool new obnoxious warp sounds and sometimes glaringly bright backgrounds in many locations, and don’t forget the bugged object flashing, it all isn’t so quickly obvious any more. Information one used to have is being drowned out in background noise and clutter.

If you are honest then you know this thing, if you are not, then not hard to guess where you are coming from.

That is absolutely false on so many levels that I am now almost certain that you are running a hauler bot(s) and you just want this feature for your bots to dock up when scanned automatically because it is impossible to automate this information as it needs an actual human eye to recognize.

0/10 I am done here.

Outstanding, feel the same way.

If you get bored one day, check out some of the automation in the 300-odd entries in the first link I sent, and tell me how many needed a human eye. Though as you haven’t acknowledged it yet, the first conclusion one is forced to draw, is that it is because you are already thoroughly familiar with the bot ‘utilities’ in question.

Meanwhile I will continue to mission, mine, and p.i. until sub finally runs out in early Nov then be on my way and leave you to it.

Ah so you’re quitting. Yea, then all your ideas are invalid :smiley:

You should have said that from the outset and saved us all time LOL.

Although the char name should have tipped me off…

2 Likes

If a pilot is AFK, that’s their choice. That choice includes missing things that go on around them. Things like being scanned. When you’re scanned, there’s a visible line between the ship scanning and the target. It’s there for you to see, if you’re looking.
If you choose not to look, so be it.
What we don’t need is additional mechanics or pop-ups or code to make up for those who choose to ignore what’s going on right in front of them.

2 Likes

The is already an audio queue that alerts you that someone is scanning. And a visual indication that tells you the target of the scan.

This just requires you not to be tabbed out. Or to learn how to haul to prevent ever having a worthwhile scan.

But… that requires paying attention

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.