Ship/Cargo Scanner to give penalty e.g. suspect timer

Concord isn’t flagging anyone for carrying cargo. Even when that cargo is enough explosive power to blow up Jita 4-4 undock. Concord flags for ACTIONS. We’ve gone to death over it doesn’t matter if it’s assisting for a positive effect or a negative effect. They flag for actions against other capsuleers. Except cargo and ship scanners which is where the logic falls apart.

Standings are not part of the discussion. Suspect is. You’re throwing a strawman in again.

lol, comparing to RL analogies.

EVE is not RL, the rules are different, the analogies fail.

What you call a Strawman, I call an offer of compromise.

Nobody but crybaby care bears are going to support the idea of Flagging someone for Scanning you before they open fire. Scanning doesn’t hurt you, the bullets do. And you already get Flagged for shooting.

We’ve already discussed that there are many modules you can use on another ship which do not Flag you, unless you’re also breaking some other game mechanic. Remote Reps do not Flag you every time, only if you’re interfering with a Duel or a War or something that Concord already recognizes.

But there is precedent for the Factions caring about smaller details that Concord overlooks. Which is why I suggested that, instead of posting 570 times for Flagging people, that you try getting Scanners to cause a Standings hit if used in High Sec. Even if it only applies when the Scanner is used in sight of a Station or a Gate, those are the most common locations the crybabies are worried about.

That way, Scanners continue to function the way they are. And for the most part, they won’t cause any change to “valid” tactics like a PvP battle or something. But… it will affect the cherry-picking Gankers sitting on Stations and Gates. And as I said, hurting Standings is more effective than Flagging or hurting Sec Status. Standings are a lot harder to rebuild.

I thought it was clear I was speaking in the context of the in game persona.

What country are you from that you believe vehicular burglary is not a crime? Depending on the damage you did breaking in it is either an aggravated misdemeanor or a felony. Let’s keep real life analagies out of in game mechanics. Especially for people who don’t know ■■■■ about real life.

INB4 someone doesn’t read the whole reply

Learn what you’re doing please. Getting tired of telling you it. This is why you resort to ad hominem.

Conformation that use of modules on other ships can get you flagged. Even if they’re beneficial. Always if they’re detrimental even if the effect does nothing. But not enough for you to consider something that has always been a targeted effect against a specific ship to have that reason.

And when we’re not talking about standings but suspect which doesn’t have any hit other than you might get shot at…

You switch the topic again.

Except nobody is breaking into your ship to see what you have inside. The scanner can look inside effortlessly. Just like someone walking past your car and looking through the windows. Only it’s using sophisticated futuristic science fiction sensors to do so. Because this is a fragging video game about spaceships in the future.

Remote reps do not get you Flagged, unless you’re breaking some other existing rule. Such as interfering with a Concord sanctioned duel or wardec. You’re lucky shooting a duelist with a firework doesn’t get you Concord’d too, since we all know that induced graphical lag and can mess with the fight just as much as ECM.

And yes, I’m switching the topic from Flagging to a Standing loss. Because one argument has been going for 580 posts and you’re never going to win. And the other is something I think you might be able to get implemented.

I can see you’re not listening.

I can see you’re resorting to the same Debate Team vocab lessons, b/c you don’t want to participate in the conversation as much as you want to show off how well versed you are in talking.

Is that why you drop to ad hominem as a default tactic? I could give you a list of when you have done it over and over and over in this thread alone if you’d like.

And I could start quoting all the times you act like a smug little pedant instead of contributing to the topic.

I’m providing you an opportunity to support a cause that might actually gain some traction. You think your “right to privacy” is something that should be upheld even in deep space with a bunch of self-employed mercenaries running around killing each other… I don’t think the intergalactic space cops are going to agree with you.

But the individual governments might support your claims, which would be reflected by Standings losses rather than Concord sanctioned Flags. You don’t automatically get permission to kill someone just b/c they looked at you. But you could say they aren’t reflecting the morals that some Factions might encourage, causing them to eventually be unwelcome in that Faction’s territory.

You can’t even go one post without ad hominmen.

And you can’t go without quoting the frelling dictionary.

Goodbye child. @CCP_Falcon

“Mom… he said a naughty word.”

Are you serious? Talk about ad hominem. You’ve given up trying to discuss Scanners, and now you’re just arguing with me.

@CCP_Falcon indeed. Feel free to peruse this whole thread, and look at how many times @MinerArt here has been an instigator and antagonist rather than a participant.

He either follows thru or loses his respect.

You missing the point of this thread. It’s not to protect people it’s to make people more vulnerable.

No one gives a single ■■■■ about your poor standings that you need to do whatever to get back.

I guess you failed to read the entire post.
You might be as dumb as the guy I replied to.

Are you telling me it is legal to set up a machine to scan people’s cars leaving a market? We do have technology capable of doing that after all. We have those machines strung along the US / Mexico border. They are used only by the authorities. If a civilian were to do that outside of a random market or on the highway rest assured he would be imprisoned and fined.

Again… Let’s stop with the real life analogies.

In EVE cargo and ship scanners are a prelude to a gank. Making someone suspect (not criminal) for using such a thing on another player is just common sense.

Last word…cool

1 Like

This thread has gone on long enough, and has moved off topic to random arguments about all kinds of things, and tit-for-tat attacks.

Closed, don’t re-open it.

3 Likes