Ship constantly spinning in the same location on all 8 accounts. HELP!

Hey guys. Been playing since 2009 and I occasionally encounter this bug. My ships on all 8 of my accounts will randomly decide to just spin in the same spot. Mass spamming Ctrl + space stops it for like a minute and that’s it. I cleared my cache, purged all invalid files from launcher, and reinstalled the whole game. I just logged back in, and the moment I undock on my first account the same thing keeps happening.

we need a video

It just says “Aligning to a point in space” or something extremely similar to that, then literally starts doing donuts.

Can’t really record at the moment as it needs to happen again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds realy weird. Never heard of that. And I was once stalked by my own Raitaru while warping away from it, LOL.

What happens if you hit ‘Stop’ ? What happens if you align it to a real point in space ?

It immediately overrides and starts spinning again. If I hold Ctrl and spam the spacebar like 20 times then it’ll stop for like 30 mins

Weird… could it be a problem with the keyboard sending out spurious characters ?

Did you file a bug report? I mean, it’s nice of you to entertain us, but the chance that we’re able to help is pretty slim.

I’m still waiting for a video

I would try closing any third party program you may have running on your computer and see if that solves the issue. I would think it’s most likely a conflict issue with another program running in the background.

I had this problem. Do you have a joystick plugged into your machine? Mine was causing my ship to spin. I unplugged the joystick and the spinning stopped.

This is currently happening to me as well. Kinda irritting, no third party software, continues after system restart.

my xbox controller causes it sometimes

So, after a recent update this has stopped happening to me. From what i can figure out it has to do with EVE client side picking up incorrect user input. Restart PC and reopen EVE.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.