Ship constantly spinning in the same location on all 8 accounts. HELP!

(O'Rourke Kashada) #1

Hey guys. Been playing since 2009 and I occasionally encounter this bug. My ships on all 8 of my accounts will randomly decide to just spin in the same spot. Mass spamming Ctrl + space stops it for like a minute and that’s it. I cleared my cache, purged all invalid files from launcher, and reinstalled the whole game. I just logged back in, and the moment I undock on my first account the same thing keeps happening.

(CowRocket Void) #2

we need a video

(O'Rourke Kashada) #3

It just says “Aligning to a point in space” or something extremely similar to that, then literally starts doing donuts.

Can’t really record at the moment as it needs to happen again. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Sethyrh Nakrar) #4

Sounds realy weird. Never heard of that. And I was once stalked by my own Raitaru while warping away from it, LOL.

(Dravick Afterthought) #5

What happens if you hit ‘Stop’ ? What happens if you align it to a real point in space ?

(O'Rourke Kashada) #6

It immediately overrides and starts spinning again. If I hold Ctrl and spam the spacebar like 20 times then it’ll stop for like 30 mins

(Dravick Afterthought) #7

Weird… could it be a problem with the keyboard sending out spurious characters ?

(Owen Levanth) #8

Did you file a bug report? I mean, it’s nice of you to entertain us, but the chance that we’re able to help is pretty slim.

(CowRocket Void) #9

I’m still waiting for a video

(GM Mechanic) #10

I would try closing any third party program you may have running on your computer and see if that solves the issue. I would think it’s most likely a conflict issue with another program running in the background.

(Slagster) #11

I had this problem. Do you have a joystick plugged into your machine? Mine was causing my ship to spin. I unplugged the joystick and the spinning stopped.