Ship Data Chips

Now that you can no longer trade a data chip+hull for a faction ship hull those data chips are effectively worthless. Re-add the option to use the chip+LP to get a blueprint now in LP stores.

Chips I am talking about
Amarr KIU-1 Nexus Chip
Amarr MIY-1 Nexus Chip
Amarr TIL-1 Nexus Chip

Caldari AZ-1 Nexus Chip
Caldari BY-1 Nexus Chip
Caldari CU-1 Nexus Chip

Gallente Alpha Nexus Chip
Gallente Beta Nexus Chip
Gallente Gamma Nexus Chip

Minmatar UUA Nexus Chip
Minmatar UUB Nexus Chip
Minmatar UUC Nexus Chip

Rouge Drone 42-X Nexus Chip
Rouge Drone 43-X Nexus Chip
Rouge Drone 46-X Nexus Chip

3 Likes

Or… At the very minimum, at LEAST remove them from the stores now that they are duds?

I mean one or the other. I am sure they could balance the LP cost of a BPC to account for using the chip as well.

The problem is not just the LP stores though. These chips drop as loot in certain sites as well. Which if they are removing them would require various loot tables to be adjusted.

1 Like

No.

Welcome to having the meta change on you.

Maybe you shouldn’t have stockpiled them. Now those chips become collector items like every other obsolete item in the game.

I honestly wonder who was the genius that had the idea of removing any use for these chips from LP stores.

No,

I haven’t stockpiled them, I just used to get hulls for them, and now this is yet another option that has been taken out of the game.

Not to mention that collectible items are fine as loot drops, but buying them in LP stores?
I mean, really?

They could easily be added again.

So it appears there was a fix put in place at some point that you can use the Chips to get bpcs now.